Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Mon, 29 November 2004 05:11 Go to next message
Hey i got this fax from Castle Hill Toyota and it specifies everything.. Thanks gold28. This guy (James) was very helpful and quick to respond. Thats whats called good customer service, unlike Brighton Toyota in Melbourne (Stay away...they are hopeless)
Anyways here it is:

Big end bearing: 500 kg.cm
Cam shaft bearing cap: 150 kg.cm
Camshatf Pulley Exaust:475 kg.cm
Camshaft Pulley Intake:475 kg.cm
Cylinder head bolt: 650 kg.cm
Cylinder Head Distortion: 0.2mm (Clearance)
Front camshaft pulley Bolt: 2200 kg.cm
Main bearing bolt torque: 600 kg.cm

Timing Belt tensioner bolt and nut: 220 kg.cm
Timing Belt idler 370 kg.cm

Also i got other info from the fax such as ring gap, Piston size, Cylinder bore size and other valve related info...if anyone is interested.

Well hope this helps anyone who might need it.
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Mon, 29 November 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooh, nice work!!

I'm keeping this info safe Wink
Gazza53
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Mon, 29 November 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything similar on the 1G-GE ?
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Mon, 29 November 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd assume it's the same... Smile
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Mon, 29 November 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think engine wise they are the same...maybe compression and piston difference not sure but yeah...glad to help...as I said I got a bit of other info if anyone needs it...glad to give something back to this forum Smile..if it wasn't for Toymods, I would have never had the information needed to modify my Soarer...
Speaking of which is their a sticker I can put on my window to help this forum...advertise wise...I have recommended everyone to it but yeah a sticker would be great...
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Mon, 29 November 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear you found the info you were after, and thanks for posting the rest of it.

I think I will keep a copy of that info with all the other usefull 1G info that I hope to never need. But knowing my history with this car, they will definitly come in handy.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Wed, 01 December 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey goldie if you have a fax i can send you the full A4 sheet. Its got other info on it too...if you are interested..or i could scan it and e-mail it if you don't have a fax.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 02 December 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scan it, email it to me and i'll host it Smile
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 02 December 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be great if you could do that. Best for Toymods I guess would be if you scanned it and put it in the Tech Docs section on the site. If you don't have access to a scanner, then let me know and I will give you a fax number that you can use.

Cheers

Anthony
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 02 December 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blk1GGTE ill have a copy dude cheers Very Happy

della@airnet.com.au
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 02 December 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just tell me how to put them on the Tech section and i''be glad to do it....
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 02 December 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably best to email them to Nark, I think he is still the webmaster.

But cc us in on that email too Very Happy
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Wed, 15 December 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you end up scanning in this info?

Narks email is max@nark.is-a-geek.com if you want to put it into the tech docs.

Cheers

Anthony
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 23 December 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am after the full 1G-GE/ 1G-GTE specs also, including piston and bore sizes, oil clearances and stuff.

But I already have info on the 1G-FE motor. I assume the bottom end is the same as the old 1G-GE, I just want to check.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 23 December 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt the bottom end is identical seeing it makes more power...

i think its higher compression.

my mate is considering putting 1GGTE, turbos, intake, loom and computer on his IS200 Smile

I hope he does
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 23 December 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 19:46

my mate is considering putting 1GGTE, turbos, intake, loom and computer on his IS200 Smile

I hope he does

Thats easier said than done.

Firstly they have a different head, so it is unlikely that the manifolds will match up.

Secondly even if you could manage to get the early gte loom/computer to work in an is200 (you could do an entire engine swap though), it would be illegal as it would no longer pass the pollution requirements for a vehicle of that age.

If he wanted to spend the money though, you could use the gte pistons in the fe and go for aftermarket computer and turbo. Much better idea me thinks.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 23 December 2004 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like i said before, he was thinking about using the entire top end, i.e. head and manifolds

the wiring is gonna be the tricky bit...

You eastern states people have to understand that not many people in south australia get modifications engineered as it is too damn expensive, most of the time upwards of $3000, a friend of mine has just finished engineering an RB25DET into an R31 wagon and it has cost him $4000 just on engineering and thats with 90% of things done right the first time. for some people thats half of the money involved in a conversion and most of the time money they do not have.

If my mate were to do this, which is probably a pipe dream anyway, he wouldnt get it engineered as its just too damn expensive Sad
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Sat, 05 February 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about the conrod bolts on the crank? Very Happy
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Wed, 09 February 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All i got is the torque setting for the main bearing bolt torqe ..
which is 600 kg.cm
and Bigend bearing bolt torque ... 500kg.cm
Hope it helps
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 10 February 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you don't have any luck hosting it, I'll host it for you at stradlater.com if you like.
email it to me daniel@sco.net.au if you want.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 10 February 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about the conrod bolts on the crank?

Sorry I ment does anyone know what the torque settings are for the conrod bolts ?
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 10 February 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conrods have a "big end" (crank) and a "little end" (piston gudgen or wrist pin). I guess you are looking for the big end bearings, see the posts above.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 10 February 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is the main bearing bolt torque whats that in ftlb ? or Nm ? gay mechanics Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 10:58]

5TYL5H
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Fri, 11 February 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i have a copy to please S_T_Y_L_1_5_H@hotmail.com cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Wed, 23 February 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i please have a copy of the whole list to della@airnet.com.au

cheers Smile
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Thu, 24 February 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone recieved an email with the scan... I would also be more than happy to host it on my site.

Please email me a copy here...
kirk@fyrebase.com

Cheers,
Kirk
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Wed, 29 June 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did this scan ever come out?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGTE Torque setting..For anyone who needs to know them. Wed, 29 June 2005 05:11 Go to previous message
stradlater wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 15:07

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did this scan ever come out?

I havn't recieved anything... would love to get my hands on it though Surprised

Cheers,
Kirk
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Putting a 4age20v in a nissan exa?
Next Topic:1g-gte Flywheel bolts Torque Settings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:46:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077269077301025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.