Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
acclude
Regular

May 2004
blacktop 20v with gze pistons Tue, 07 December 2004 22:20 Go to next message
hey guys im planning to put gze in piston in my blacktop and bolting on a turbo probally a t28 ....how do u guys think it will go???
  Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Wed, 08 December 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt the piston surface/shape different?
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Wed, 08 December 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup it may as well not be a 20v more like a 16v as the 20v has a special cut pistion so that the 20v's work, but it still can be done.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 02:01]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Wed, 08 December 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe 20v has special cut pistons for a reason. is the 20v, non inteference?(can the piston hit valve?)

or the cuts are for better combustion making an ideal combustion chamber shape? if this is the reason, might lose power with gze pistons.

acclude
Regular

May 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons for turbo ? Wed, 08 December 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would it be suited for turbo application?? or should i just bolt on a turbo on the standard piston?? wanna run about 15psi on a t28
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Thu, 09 December 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can do it, but id be more worried about the rods with that much psi.. b/t rods are a lot thinner than earlier ones, if your going to the trouble of fitting ze pistons fit silvetop/ze rods at the same time.

the 20v is non interferance, changing to ze pistons makes it inferance
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Thu, 09 December 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, put the gze rods in as well. And while you're there, double check valve clearance and compression ratio. It should be fine, but it never hurts to check. The 20V pistons shape helps get the compression right up, but i don't know if there's any difference in the combustion chambers between 20V and gze heads. Somebody round here will know, anyone?
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Thu, 09 December 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and by the way,

Mmmm, turbo blacktop...
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Thu, 09 December 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not jsut ze rods, any 4age rod from smallport 16v onwards, best ones are the late ze or s/t ones as they are light but very strong.

yes the comustion chamber is a diff shape. but its not a problem, actually i think ze psitons may not have valve cut outs... but i cant rember for sure
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Thu, 09 December 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Revhead wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 13:45

not jsut ze rods, any 4age rod from smallport 16v onwards, best ones are the late ze or s/t ones as they are light but very strong.

yes the comustion chamber is a diff shape. but its not a problem, actually i think ze psitons may not have valve cut outs... but i cant rember for sure

When you say late model S/T, do you mean the K series?

Cheers.
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Thu, 09 December 2004 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k what??

i meant late 4agze or any silvertop ones, they are the same part.
4age uses the same rods as the same year 4age
acclude
Regular

May 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Sat, 25 December 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it would be ok to fit the ze piston with the 20v head ...i will also be putting in ze rods in aswell and thicker head gasket
...would the valve hit the piston???

anyone have pics of blacktop 20v pistons??

if there is someone out there that has seen or done this b4 could u let me know

thanks for ur help guys
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Sat, 25 December 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just off the top of my head didn't that fella with the real nice green ta22 have a 20v turbo engine running in his car?? dunno if it was a 4age 20v though

EDIT: found the link to his car http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=290&start=0&rid=6225&S=531b03925d585 1201255580dfb973fd6 ask him he has done it. Hope this helps gl Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 13:32]

Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Tue, 28 December 2004 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no you wont have clearance issues, (still check though!) the b/t pistons are virtually flat top. just have small cut outs for the intake valves. as 4agze pistons are of a lot lower compression you wont have any problems
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Sun, 02 January 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would be best off fitting a 20v head to a 4AGZE bottom end with custom inlet and exhaust manifolds.

Use a silver top head and give me the throttle bodies Very Happy
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: blacktop 20v with gze pistons Tue, 04 January 2005 21:27 Go to previous message
waste of money buying a 4agze bottom end.
rebuild your engine with the ze pistons and late 4age rods.
all the cranks are the same.
in fact if you keep the revs below 7500 and boost under 10-12psi the black top ones may do. but id prefer the late smallport onwards rods.

the best rods to use are the ones found in the latesmall port n/a late 4agze and silver top 4age. they are all the same.

for all those parts and a full rebuild your looking at a cost under the price of a 4agze. and youll virtually have a new engine. compared to spending more for an engine in uncertain condition.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Boost controller into a 1ggte
Next Topic:Anyone know the AW11's Drag Coefficient?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:01:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044741630554199 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.