Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
elroy
Newcomer

December 2004
Need help with Supra 5 spd box Fri, 10 December 2004 00:00 Go to next message
I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out cos I am going crazy. I had a look at the FAQ area but to no avail.

I just got my hands on a used supra 5spd box, but the guy I got it from was a useless tosser. He didn't know what model box it was, what year car it was from, and a few bits were missing. I figured "how hard can it be to track this stuff down" so i bought the thing anyway. Dumb move Sad

Now, I'm having trouble getting a speedo gear insert to suit it, because a) I don't know if the box is a w55,57,58 etc. and b)I've been told there are numerous different types of insert for any given model.

Can anyone tell me what I need to look at on the box to find out what speedo gear insert I need? Do i really need to pull it apart to get a tooth count? Or can anyone tell me anything to help identify what box I've got?

Any help at all would be awesome, cos I am seriously frustrated with this right now.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Fri, 10 December 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the FAQ you need
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=28667&start=0&rid=92&S=a6ede4e494b62 7b268fba5e92d060950

As for speedo drives, the speedo gear comes in 32 and 33 teeth, and the speedo gear drive comes in 10 and 11 teeth.

The earlier can be removed with ease, but the latter needs to have the rear half of the box removed.

It depends on your diff as to what combination of gears you need.

I will try and work it out and post it back up here.
elroy
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Wed, 29 December 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the help...I've worked out I need the 33 tooth version.

I met this bloke who has leant me one... is there anyone out there who has, or knows where i can get, this speedo gear insert pictured below. Dellow Automotive and Sydney City Toyota keep giving me the run-around, and pretty much no-one else I talk to has one they are willing to part with. I think it is from a MA70/W55 box. Pics are below...I am willing to pay a good price.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/smellery/IMG_0616.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/smellery/IMG_0617.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/smellery/IMG_0618.jpg
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Wed, 29 December 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me check my stocks at home.

I might have one, I might not.
Not making any promises.
elroy
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Thu, 30 December 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any luck CRUZsida?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Thu, 30 December 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont have the speedo gear, or the correct holder, but I have one from a W50, and I think its differnt.

Sorry.
elroy
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Thu, 30 December 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries, thanks for tryin...

Anyone else?
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Thu, 30 December 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have about 4 or 5 will check as i dont use a speedo dive use speed sensor in stead
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Thu, 30 December 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glenn, please let me know what you have - i also need a new one to mate with my 4.5:1 diff (from 3.9:1)

elroy
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Sat, 01 January 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any luck dude?

Also, whats involved with installing a speedo sensor? Cos if i can't get this speedo gear thats an option i hadn't considered.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Sat, 01 January 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I HAVE BEEN CLEANING UP AND TAKING HEAPS OF SHIT TO THE TIP I NOW I HAVE THEM JUST GIVE ME 1 MORE DAY
Steve_Reynolds
Regular

May 2002
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Sat, 01 January 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you get stuck, I have a couple also.
Steve
PS happy new year
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Need help with Supra 5 spd box Sat, 01 January 2005 09:44 Go to previous message
alright i have found 2 11/33 and 9/33thats the numbers that are stamped on them and the worm that is inside 9x33-5
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age 20v
Next Topic:3SGTE Questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:19:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049622058868408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.