Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RolloKE25
Regular

October 2002
Corolla Engine Conversion Fri, 18 October 2002 16:05 Go to next message
I have a KE25 and i want to replace my 4K engine with a 5K engine and im wandering if anyone knows if i have to have engineering done to have it pass regency? Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Fri, 18 October 2002 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my attitude with that motor is why even tell them. do u think a cop is going to think the motor is going to look out of place? i think not. no way u would need an engineer certificate. put an application in and see what they say. remember they came out with 1.8s in usa
NinetySix
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Fri, 18 October 2002 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make sure you confirm the engine #'s with your registration authority, else that gives the cops a real good excuse to do you dry on the side of the road Rolling Eyes

on a brighter note, why not go for a S4 rx7 13b turbo conversion instead! Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 18 October 2002 19:50]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Fri, 18 October 2002 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd just tell em that the engine number changed. the 7k 1.8 litre also is here in australia - in the hiace SBV..

[Updated on: Fri, 18 October 2002 20:33]

Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Sun, 20 October 2002 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh a hiace engine! lots of torque, low as hell redline, rediculous amount of K's (van engine remember) sounds awesome. Just stick a 4AG in and be done with it Razz

NinetySix
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Sun, 20 October 2002 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.planetspeedy.com/broomy/rx4/IMAGE14.JPG

Very Happy
RolloKE25
Regular

October 2002
Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Sun, 20 October 2002 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
faulksy wrote on Sat, 19 October 2002 02:38

my attitude with that motor is why even tell them. do u think a cop is going to think the motor is going to look out of place? i think not. no way u would need an engineer certificate. put an application in and see what they say. remember they came out with 1.8s in usa

Yeah i thought about not telling em but i just got done over for having the 4K in there when it was registered with the original 3K,i have to take it through regency in December but i want to have a new engine in there before then coz the 4K has a few problems which wont pass. and the cost to fix it is almost as much as dropping the 5K in and after regency chucking the 4K head on it.
RolloKE25
Regular

October 2002
Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Sun, 20 October 2002 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AG would be nice, 4AGZE would be nicer, 4AGTE would be insane...but i dont have $2500.
How hard would putting a 7K in be? I'd want to do it myself... Would i have to have engineering reports for it to pass Regency?
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Sun, 20 October 2002 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RolloKE25 wrote on Sun, 20 October 2002 16:21

4AG would be nice, 4AGZE would be nicer, 4AGTE would be insane...but i dont have $2500.

Better double that minimum dude Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Mon, 21 October 2002 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K engines are damned easy to put in, Saturday arvo kinda thing. As for engineering aproval, do the dodgy thing and change the number on the 'new' engine to be the same as the old engine. Illegal and bodgy yes, but hey... A K looks like a K Very Happy
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Mon, 21 October 2002 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 7k is also in the Townace van of '96
I know cos i drive on everyday!
But for a 1.8 its pretty torquey, but doesnt rev real had.
Does anyone know what box is in the townace?
is it a Wxx box??

CamZH
RA28midge
Regular

September 2002
Re: Corolla Engine Conversion Mon, 21 October 2002 06:02 Go to previous message
just put in the application form to modify.
If you do any type of conversion that isn't legal then it voids your insurance as well, you don't want to back into a mercedes and have to pay $5000 to pay for new brake lights for them and have your insurance void because you did something regency might have said you could do anyway. simple 1.put form in 2.wait 3-4 weeks 3.Straight up answer without wasting money. and it would probably be fine to do anyway.
Remeber you can bolt a 7l v8 straight into a 1971 4 wheel drummed torana but it doesn't mean it is legal.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:disc brakes for an AE86 SR-5
Next Topic:Cleaning Throttle Bodies?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:48:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051069259643555 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.