Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 12:53 Go to next message
Hi guys...

I have a Garrett T04B25 turbo available to me at a faily cheap price...Can anyone tell me about this turbo and how much power capability you can get out of one of them? Ive searched the net to come up with jack shit spec-wise...

Thanks

Blake
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more to the point will it get my 7M cranking?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this not just a variant of a t04B? If you can find out things like compressor size, turbine size, front a/r and rear a/r I am sure some knowledgeable turbo people would be able to give you a pretty good idea on how it would go on your 7m.

don't know if it helps but the 60mm compressor t04 seems to be a popular thing on 7m's in US.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not the most helpful pic, but still....

http://www.fordforums.com/attachment.php?attachmen tid=29031&viewer=1

it was to be used on a 4.1L xflow ford motor too originally...

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 13:11]

drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm...is it just me or is that ex housing rather BIG! Shocked
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all I can tell from that is that that is a huge turbine housing and would probably be suited to large capacity engines. The compressor housing doesn't look "that" big.

Can you ask them how laggy it was on the 4.1L and what power it was making?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its brand new in a box, so he wouldnt know what it was like...
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark - blake - that's a huge exh housing - you'd need some serious revs to get boost then the undersized compressor housing would choke off way before the 7M redline...

garrett stamp the AR ratio on the housings.

A quick google suggests its from a diesel (explains the uber exhaust housing)?

some maps that might be a of assistance:
http://www.turbocalculator.com/garrett.html
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbosupermaps.html

it's probably a hybrid job (like mine) a T04 exhaust housing with a T03 compressor housing.

Pop this into Google "garrett turbo T04B" and start reading.

but wait there's more: this site looks to be a goldmine of info on turbo flow maps and general advice:
http://www.stealth316.com/2-turboguide.htm

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 14:37]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you would be better with a t3 rear and t04 front than the other way around.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Tue, 04 January 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops- i meant to say 'like my old turbo'... i've since got respectable and sensible and shifted down to a T25 (from an RB20) with builtin wastegate.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Wed, 05 January 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mind a bit of lag..its exciting the rush...but do u seriously recon it might be too big?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: T04B25..anyone know specs of one of these puppies? Wed, 05 January 2005 13:20 Go to previous message
goes out on a limb here:

2 potential outcomes ...i think it won't compress a lot of air when the exh turbine is going full tilt ... or ... the intake compressor will stall at high exh speeds as it's been designed to feed a plenum with little or no restriction (e.g. a diesel) at lower rpms that a petrol twincam.

however, it may have been hi-flowed on the intake side? so maybe this conjecture is all bulshit.

some of the threads i found while googling the code seemed to indicate it might work on a rotary - do they have different exhaust characteristics compared to piston engines? when you see them as drag cars, they seem to have uber-exhaust housings on the turbos - but with correspondingly large intake housings.

gut feeling: intake looks too small for size of exhaust.

btw - that turbo is external wastegate - so you'd also have a plumbing issue to resolve.

i'd suggest a CT26 would be better deal - you'd have no problems finding a manifold for it - this beast would need a custom job.

cheers, charles.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Acceptable engine temperature for 7MGE
Next Topic:wokshop manual
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:57:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050628185272217 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.