Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » MZ21 Soarer / RT142 Autocross Car / AE86 Project Sprinter

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
MZ21 Soarer / RT142 Autocross Car / AE86 Project Sprinter Wed, 05 January 2005 10:59 Go to next message
Well, you may have seen this puppy before. It now resides in a county town near Bunbury in W.A. This was shipped from Sydney just before the Christmas break. It came from the mob Autostyle, which are a great mob to talk to if you ever had. Also compliments to the work they put in to make sure my car was perfect and made the trip safe, (hell I even got a christmas card from them!). Anyway I'll give you the run down of the goodies...

-Toyota Soarer MZ21 3.0GT
-1JZGTE Conversion
-R154 Manual Coversion
-Apex Coilovers (Front)/Tein HA Coilovers (Rear)
-Large Hybrid FMIC
-EMS Stinger (Soon to be fitted)
-Twin Plate Clutch
-Whiteline Swaybars
-1.5mm Head Gasket
-GFB Boost Controller
-Full 3" Exhaust
-Pod Filter
-JZA70 Brakes
-Now with JZA70 LSD
-Alpine Head unit
-12" Alpine Sub
-Alpine 6" Speakers
-Alpine 6x9 Speakers
-20% Darkness Tint
-17" IS200 Rims
-Nardi Personal Steering Wheel

Thats about it I think...
Anyway time for some pictures, Cool

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/soarer4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/soarer3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/soarer2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/df206634.jpg

While we are at it, some pics of the old JZA70 too Smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9178.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9177.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/WEB42.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/WEB35.jpg

Enjoy!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 01:14]

Send a private message to this user    
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Wed, 05 January 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car dude very tidy engine bay. Why u sell the supra it looks awesome!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Wed, 05 January 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is definetly one of best MZ20's out there, it was a ball of fun to ride in, who locked the LSD? pitty after all the work that was put into it.

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Wed, 05 January 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, Well it wasn't me thats for sure. You get used to locked diffs, but I can just imagine those bushes - ouch -. It sure seems locked to me anyway, when you back off and turn it chatters. But any will need to get some cash together for a JZA70 torsen LSD, or maybe even a mechanical if I get enough.

I sold the supra because I wanted something different, and the things I wanted to do to that I just didn't really have the money for. There are no MZ20's where I live so it is a good choice. Something to combat the copious amounts of sil's and 180's anyway. I do miss my JZA70 though, they are sweet cars.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Wed, 05 January 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It had a JZA70 lsd when it was built.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Wed, 05 January 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it sure isn't one of them, nowhere near my supra's LSD.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Wed, 05 January 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love ur car
if u eva wana sell ur soarer let me know
very nice car
just out of curiosity how much did it cost to covert it from auto 2 manual

cheers
justin
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Wed, 05 January 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't the one that did the manual conversion, I bought the car "as is". I'd say you could pick all the parts up for around 1k, and do the work yourself would be best. I don't think I'll be letting it go soon anyway. Very Happy
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Thu, 06 January 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much did u get the car for if u dont mind me askin? cause it came lookin very nice !! and with some awesome mods
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Thu, 06 January 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they did the headgasket on the 1j? Not many people do that Smile Anyway, just something I noticed Smile

Looks nice BTW! Is the bonnet raised at the back permanently or just in that pic?
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Thu, 06 January 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the end I paid $13,000 for it. The bonnet is raised at the moment but will be putting it back down to get it registered and to see what way looks better. Smile

Also just dynoed the car today, it put out just under 260RWHP. It looks like it needs a good tune when it comes on full boost, it richens right up. Oh well looks like its time for a trip to Hyperdrive. Smile Will put up some dyno sheets so for you all to see. Cool
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Thu, 06 January 2005 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY OLD CAR!!!!!!
why is the bonnet all raised at the back.
damn that conversion cost me a packet. bitch that the dude that bought it off me made a sweet profit. but hope ur happy with it.
actually ur exhaust is 3.5 inch stainless, it was well pricey.
those lexus rims alone cost 1250 Sad and were damn hard to find)
good to see it with the guard painted, that was one stupid kangaroo.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Thu, 06 January 2005 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kinda cool that it made it all the way to W.A too.
i miss it lots. ps, ther is supposed to be a reinforcement along the bottom of the bar to make it flat not sroopy, but i was too lazy to put it back. could prolly source one of a halfcut. and factory spotlights which were there hide the hole in the front bumper where the pipe sticks through, they were with the car.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Sat, 08 January 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess the guy that had the car after you did it, it just came like it. Yeah I can see where the spotties used to be. Anyway here are the dyno sheets of it. It really needs a good tune, What sort of ECU was put in it JAZE? Also the little square box in the glovebox with the dial on it, what is that? Is it to do with timing or like a fuel cut defender, I didn't want to play around with it until I know what it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/dynosheet2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/dynosheet1.jpg

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? Sat, 08 January 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its mog!
man this was a cool car!
damn thats gone along way
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Sat, 08 January 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, I never really knew, The halfcut i got the twin T28 turbo kit from came with that ecu. its like a buddy club or something , not sure what the dial thingie does, maybe check it out and do some testing.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Sat, 08 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ok then I'll start playin around with it then, I am very curious as I have never seen anything like that from buddy club.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Thu, 17 February 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, my bad luck has struck again after finding out that the car has a locked diff, I was driving home from work and have now blown the diff by shearing some teeth from the crown wheel and etc.

I have now got one coming from S.A. thanks to MR 1GGTE. So now I will be able to drive my baby again. The worst part is I was just everyday driving, it wasn't even under any pressure, and just let go with a huge bang. Lucky I could drive it home though.

Track day coming up soon aswell, will have to take her and get some pics working for ya's. Wink Smile
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Thu, 17 February 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your soarer is hot as man nice work!!!
OMG that jza70 is the shit!! Shocked looks clean!!
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Thu, 17 February 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the comments, yeah they are both very nice cars, 2 of toyota's finest you could say...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Tue, 22 February 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad luck about the diff mate.

Hope you get it on the road soon.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Wed, 23 February 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get your ass down to rademalaide for some tandem dori action adam! Very Happy

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Sat, 26 February 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just finished putting the diff in last night. So now i get to drive her again. I will definately be there for the Adelaide driftnats. There is a practice day coming up in W.A., so I can get some training time in before te event. Will be awesome though. Cool
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Sun, 27 February 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tandem 1J drift!!!!

*giggles like a 12 year old schoolgirl Laughing
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Mon, 28 February 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, the LSD looks as though it needs to be shimmed up or tightened up, it is a little sloppy and will pull a 1 legger every now and then. Anyone know what sort of cost is invloved to do this?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Mon, 28 February 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry man like i said when i was selling it i didnt know how tight it was as i never had it in the car, i got a quote on shimming and that was $150 with the diff out of the car but you can set how tight you want it, im getting mine in the car done before the 1J is finished and im getting it done as tight as possible Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Tue, 01 March 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm 150 bucks isn't too bad nah its ok, I just needed my car to drive. It's my daily driver so I'm happy its going. Now to see some1 about doing it for me...
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Mon, 07 March 2005 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice car mate! Smile Do you have any pictures of the interior? How wide are those IS200 rims? They look very nice. I think I need some better wheels.

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Mon, 14 March 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah no pictures as yet, I can get it happening though Smile. But thats after I put in the race seats that my girlfriend gave me from her silvia. I'm not too sure how wide they are, but I'll have a look when I go out there next. Hey danish do you remember someone a while ago asking to buy your car? Well that was me. Smile
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Mon, 14 March 2005 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The D1 wannabe that bought the thing off me put that stupid ugly locker in it, so it 'could get heaps sideways'
HOW SICK IS THAT BRO!!!! Rolling Eyes
Good to hear its in the hands of someone that appreciates it now
Smile ! best of luck with future development.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Mon, 14 March 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps. I want my wheels back Crying or Very Sad
i'm never gonna be able to get another set of those at a reasonable price.
If u ever upgrade, send me a pm Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Mon, 14 March 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha we will see how the funds come along before that happens but if it does I will let ya know Wink.
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Sun, 20 March 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember when my mate "the D1 wannabe" had this car, it was unreal. u have ur self a good car there! he now drives a really nice 180sx with a bullshit motor under the bonnet
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Tue, 02 August 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok well, it has been a while since an update. This week an EMS Stinger computer will be going into the car and will be getting tuned. The car will be made to run at 15psi and I'm hoping to make 300RWHP with this setup. Then after that The JZA70 diff will be getting shimmed up nice and tight.

Anyway I have a few more pictures too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9427.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9435.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/edited2.jpg

The RT142 Autocross car...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9428.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9431.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9432.jpg

The project sprinter that I picked up for $110 (yes, it actually goes with the almighty 4A-C). This will be a track only car, and will be getting a heart transplant. Still unsure as to what it will be...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/100_9433.jpg
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Tue, 02 August 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, that AE86 seems rather straight for that price Shocked

But goddamn that's one hell of a burnout from the Soarer Laughing
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer - Got Beef? (Now With Dyno Sheets) Thu, 04 August 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha Cheers man. Yes, the burnout was a bit of fun Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MZ21 Soarer / RT142 Autocross Car / AE86 Project Sprinter Mon, 15 August 2005 10:49 Go to previous message
Well I recently had my first go at autocross and it is an absolute ball. My times for the day were
1:53
1:47
1:41
1:37
Most of the field was sitting round the 1:35 mark, some were alot slower and some were in the 1:29 range.
Anyway here is a pic of it in action...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/corona---barra.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica ST182 project
Next Topic:Kyle's 1JZGTE Ra23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:59:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010724067687988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.