Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 4 car accident- who's at fault?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

4 car accident- who's at fault? Sun, 20 October 2002 12:03 Go to next message
Saw this today...

The one at the rear's always at fault, right? Laughing

(click on image for close up)

http://sprinter.qnix.com.au/images/4carstack-th.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 20 October 2002 12:06]

Send a private message to this user    
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Sun, 20 October 2002 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my understanding, the copper has to pay for the lot.

Well, the government will, so it doesn't really matter.

(Why is there a new thread button next to the reply button? Good thing it had a spaz about no subject heading when I went to post).
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Sun, 20 October 2002 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep as I understand it the cop is up for it all!

Classic!

Cheers
Wilbo
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Mon, 21 October 2002 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happens if the cop was heading somewhere with his siren on?

i heard that if you get in the way of a cop or ambo when they have their siren on its your fault automatically no matter what the situation is, as its your responsibility to move outta the way...

is this true?
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Mon, 21 October 2002 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure that it is true but the cops have their own laws so what chance does the average driver (especially P platers)have against them.
Can't wait until I'm off those P's.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Mon, 21 October 2002 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually it is the opposite... Well at least for Firey's so I guess it is the same for all of them...
I know that If a Fire engine causes and accident with it's sirens going... IE when going through Red lights... it is the fireys fault...
stupid I know but that is the way it is.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Mon, 21 October 2002 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe that the copper is at fault... The last car up the rear is responsible... I don't see why the government would pay for it... He should have to pay for it all or get it through his insurance... But then again, he will proly claim that it was done on the job and get the government to pay up... Man, if I had a stack at work, I'd be responsible...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Mon, 21 October 2002 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben - when i worked in a workshop, company policy was first one they would pay, maybe pay for a second under circumstances... but anything after that came out of your pocket....
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Mon, 21 October 2002 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on the circumstances of the accident. The van could have pulled out infront of them all and didn't allow enough room, so then they ran up each others ass from there on. Or the truck being bigger could not have been able to stop in time therefore running into the car in front forcint it into the van and the cop couldn't stop in time, or just felt like joining in. You'd have to speak to all involved to put the puzzle together.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4 car accident- who's at fault? Mon, 21 October 2002 08:29 Go to previous message
ra23celicachick wrote on Mon, 21 October 2002 16:42

Depends on the circumstances of the accident. The van could have pulled out infront of them all and didn't allow enough room, so then they ran up each others ass from there on. Or the truck being bigger could not have been able to stop in time therefore running into the car in front forcint it into the van and the cop couldn't stop in time, or just felt like joining in. You'd have to speak to all involved to put the puzzle together.

In that scenario... the first accident was unavoidable but the truck and cop car were travelling too close behind the vehicle in front of them to have sufficient stopping time...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18RG EFI pics
Next Topic:ALL info on 1GGZE with and without mods!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:35:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044529438018799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.