Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

4T-GTE pics Wed, 12 January 2005 10:23 Go to next message
Can somebody post a pictures of a 4T-GTE?

what is the specs of this engine?

thanks..

Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4T-GTE pics Wed, 12 January 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4t gte?

dont you mean 4agte
in which case the specs will all differ since toyota never released the 4agte
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: 4T-GTE pics Wed, 12 January 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, 4T-GTE , rwd with turbos. i think this is a rare engine of toyota
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: 4T-GTE pics Wed, 12 January 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a 4t-gte externally looks identical to a 3t-gte of which there are many pics available over the net...

A bit of history

The 4t-gte was toyota group B rally motor put in the TA64 Celica (its nickname wa the whistling pig) and did very well in the african rally events..

The 4t-gte was a 2 litre version of the 3tgte... The bore and stroke being different...

In order to qualify for group b toyota had to produce 200 cars with the same engine (albiet in a different state of tune)

I to this date have seen 1 Japanese TA64 Celica with a 4T-GTE as identified on the front timing cover and the car build plate

The production 4T-GTE still differed from the rally ones. The block for the 4T in this car still had a 3T block number... apparently they ran an increased bore but not an increased stroke like the rally ones. The capacity was still 2 litres but a few cc below the rally motor...

If you want a 2 Litre T motor you can just use a 3T-GTE out of a TA63 celica (Much more common) and bore it out. You can offset grind the crankshaft (To bring it to the rally spec) or you can do both...

The rally 4T Crankshaft is actually available from toysport although you will be paying a pretty penny.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: 4T-GTE pics Wed, 12 January 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.toysport.com/webpages/Techinfo/Referenc es/raceengines.htm

Should be what you're approximately after.

Apparently you can also take a 2/3t to 2150 with a 4y crank.
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4T-GTE pics Wed, 12 January 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stark wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 22:12

The production 4T-GTE still differed from the rally ones. The block for the 4T in this car still had a 3T block number... apparently they ran an increased bore but not an increased stroke like the rally ones. The capacity was still 2 litres but a few cc below the rally motor...

If you want a 2 Litre T motor you can just use a 3T-GTE out of a TA63 celica (Much more common) and bore it out. You can offset grind the crankshaft (To bring it to the rally spec) or you can do both...

Thats close but not quite correct. The 4T GTE is actually makred as a 4T on the block, it still has the same CT20 turbo and the bore size is 0.5mm bigger than the 3T GTE. The crank is the same as a 3T GTE. Teh overall capacity is only about 20cc more than a 3T GTE and Toyota give it the same rated HP as the 3T GTE, 160hp. Toyota pretty much made the minimum 200 to get the Group B rally happening. It looks the same as a 3T GTE except is has 4T-GTE sticker on the front of the head and the block is marked as 4T.

The 2 litre rally version is a 4T GT. Now this baby has some mega horsepower. This engine also came out with various set ups, one had 600hp in the race version. This has more stroke, bigger pistons, stronger block, crank, con rods etc. Its also very rare, I think only 20 of these were made, so good luck finding one after 20 years.
I almost bought a 4T GTE a couple of months ago but went against it as its really no better than a 3T GTE. If it had the bigger crank I would have snapped it up.

Cheers,
Simon
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: 4T-GTE pics Thu, 13 January 2005 02:36 Go to previous message
thanks for the info's

i ask because we have a shipment coming from japan with a 4T-GTE
engine.