Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
alarms and central locking Thu, 13 January 2005 11:08 Go to next message
recently bought a sprinter. thinking about putting immob alarm system. but can central locking also be fitted?
sorry abt the uber n00b question

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 11:08]

Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: alarms and central locking Thu, 13 January 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup central locking can be put in any car.
willjudge
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: alarms and central locking Thu, 13 January 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've JUST done this, as in yesterday/today. The alarm people will charge you an arm and a leg to do the door solenoids, my advice is to buy them yourself from Jaycar (about $15 each) then wire them yourself to the drivers kick panel, or wherever you think they will install the alarm, then the alarm dudes wire them into the alarm when they do their install.

As a comparison, Dynatron charged me NZ$100 (haha pretty much the same AU) for the driver's door solenoid (incl. labour) and I installed the other three myself for $45 in under an hour, and I ain't the best mechanic in the world. That included spending ages figurign out where the fuck to mount my rear door ones (ok so my rear windows don't go all the way down now but so what, I never sit there...).

So yea, Jaycar, install, alarm, profit.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: alarms and central locking Thu, 13 January 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
central locking is real easy to install. I've installed it on all the cars I've owned, and a few others. Just buy the kit from DSE, supercheap, whatever. Should only cost ya $50, with 4 actuators (2 front door and 2 back door - they are different). the hardest part is to figure out how/where to mount them, and getting the linkages so they don't bind.

The immoboliser is easy too. if you can install the electrics on the central locking then you should be able to do the immoboliser. It's just a matter of tapping in to all the right wires. they all have instructions.

Just don't cut anything unless you're 100% sure. You should only have to cut through 2 wires (for the immoboliser).

Tim.
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: alarms and central locking Thu, 13 January 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koooool Evil or Very Mad
now i can save myself from getting ripped off from labour. im def getting alarm and immob. no1 is taking my baby away Twisted Evil
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: alarms and central locking Thu, 13 January 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when it comes to the alarm, just take your time and read/understand the wiring diagrams.

Tim. (I hope I don't get you in too much trouble)
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: alarms and central locking Fri, 14 January 2005 00:22 Go to previous message
yup, as mentioned it's quite easy, just a bit of fiddling around. Ive installed jaycar central locking actuators in my ae86, they dont come with any instructions, so they expect you to either know, or improvise, im guessing improvise as they are one size fits all. I didnt use all the bits and pieces it came with, and bent the connecting rod to fit my application, and it works like a charm. i can take some pictures of where i put mine if you like. if i can be bothered ripping the door trims off..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:schwitzer turbo on 1jz
Next Topic:overheating but not???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:09:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061619281768799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.