RA23 Diff into KE20 Tue, 18 January 2005 04:37 Go to next message
Was wondering if anyone has done this?,

Please let me know so I can pick your brain Smile

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 Diff into KE20 Tue, 18 January 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My KE25 had an RA28 diff in it at one stage (broke too many axles though so it wasn't in there for long).

The housing was shortened to fit in mine and obviously the mounting brackets were attached so the leaves etc could bolt up.

An easier fitment is the Borg Warner diff from a later model corolla eg KE55. I had one of these diffs standard in my KE38 with a 2TG in front of it and it lasted fine the whole time I had it. Not a strong diff but for 80rwkw or less, in a light car and not driving like a spastic it should have no probs. They are slightly wider than a KE20 item though so you will have to see what wheels will fit.

soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: RA23 Diff into KE20 Tue, 18 January 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome,. Thanks for the quick response.

The reason I ask about the RA23 diff, is because I have one spare, and thought about giving it a go.

I know the diff is wider, but I thought maybe with the right choice of wheel, it could work??

I'll have a look for the KE55 diff,..

Cheers
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 Diff into KE20 Tue, 18 January 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Run a tape over your RA23 diff and I think that the width is almost the same width as the guard lips (side to side). I was going to try a sprinter diff in one of my KE20's at one stage but it was a bit too wide (same width as RA23 diff I think?), I couldn't find any wheels that would have sat in under the guards.

Some of the datsun/nissan wheels come close to having the right offset though with the wider diff. The 15 inch alloy Bluebird TRX wheels or the spare wheels from R31 skylines are popular choices depending upon what style you want.
DJ345
Regular

April 2003
Re: RA23 Diff into KE20 Wed, 19 January 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that you can fit a TA22 diff in a KE25 but the RA23 diff is wider dont remeber how much though.
closer
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: RA23 Diff into KE20 Wed, 19 January 2005 02:55 Go to previous message
i am going to fit an RX3 or r100 (mazda) diff into my ke20, im pretty sure that they are 10-15mm shorter than a KE20 diff plus heaps stronger (up to about 200hp) if u lock it and much easier to get ratios for its a medium mazda diff, have a look on ausrotary.com in the tech refrence and will find a post with everything u need to know about these diffs.

as an added bonus the drums are bigger, rx4 drums bigger again bolt on and the stud pattern is same as ke20 .. 4x110

shan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ae86 accelerator cable
Next Topic:Final preparations for conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:25:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046169757843018 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.