Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ta22 dumped over 17" wheels

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Wed, 23 October 2002 07:06 Go to next message
i wanna dump my celica over a set of 17"inch wheels, will i have any troubles with the gaurds/wheel arches/steering. i wanna roll/work the gaurds out a little. has anyone done this, if so do you have any input eg, does and donts.
CHEERS
JUSTIN
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Wed, 23 October 2002 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The main problem you will have is that it will look stupid.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Wed, 23 October 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROTFL! Well said. Very Happy

IMO old Celicas look good with 15's. Any bigger than that is just wank factor, unless you have uber-brakes.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Wed, 23 October 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I disagree.

Check out Jamie's car (he posts here from time to time). Scroll to the bottom and check out the wheels he is running.....they look good huh!

http://www.froggy.com.au/jamie_colleen/pictures.ht m

And if your into TOYSTANDARD then you might get some joy from here:

http://users.senet.com.au/~mezz/history.htm
Bboy_Sparx
Regular

October 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Wed, 23 October 2002 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea the yellow one looks tuff, but i have to admit, i'd much rather the Simmons B45s that he had on there before than the extremely common AME coppies Razz

I used to have chrome 14" 12 slotters on mine that looked tuff but now i have powder coated white 16" Simmons FR/F90 (wrong offset though Razz).

No matter what people tell me "eh it looked heaps better before"...it all comes down to what makes you happy. Oh yea, and i did have the rear guards rolled and lipped to fit my old 225 wide tyres.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Wed, 23 October 2002 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything smaller 16s look tiny. trust 16s or 17s dont look wank depending on the rim chosen. especally simmons
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Thu, 24 October 2002 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR TA22 has the right idea, i will see what looks best at the time and make some decisions.
JUZZO
4SFED
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Thu, 24 October 2002 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 23 October 2002 20:04

ROTFL! Well said. Very Happy

IMO old Celicas look good with 15's. Any bigger than that is just wank factor, unless you have uber-brakes.

I would have to disagree with you there!! I had 15" B45's on my TA22 a while ago, and yes they looked fine a few years ago, but i dont think they cut it anymore. Hence why i sold them off and went to 17" billetts. I wanted something that stood out and was individual.

Oh, and i guess the fact that i have front disks as big as the factory rims (13"!!!!), kinda left me with no choice but to go 17's.

Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Thu, 24 October 2002 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you have monster brakes, I can respect that. As for looks though... obviously that's a subjective thing, but I have no intentions of making my Celica look like a giant rollerskate unless I'm left with no choice! Smile
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Fri, 25 October 2002 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4SFED, YOUR THE MAN,
thanks for helping me make a stand, lowered on 17's produces a aggresive stance.
CHEERS
JUZZO
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Fri, 25 October 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm u guys gonna think i'm crazy..
i originally had 14X5.5" tarago rims on my 83 celica.
Then i went to 16X7 ROH rims..
They didn't give a smooth enuff ride,
so i got some 14X7 supra rims.. too fat for my front guards.
i'm not getting 13X7 wire rims..
I like the small rims Smile can go lower with smaller rims Smile
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Fri, 25 October 2002 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey steeko,

you said you would keep me in mind re: the rims.....you still got them ?...would be nice for the ta22 but once again i have mashed the throttle cable into oblivion so have to make another one this time out of 4mm steel cable instead of 2mm so i cant drive it at the moment anyway....

4SFED your car looks awesome, nothing like rollerskates, but i can see norbies point ive noticed a few geminis with 18's getting around and they look POS, guess it just comes down to the choice of wheel

Norbie: what wheels are you using 14's ?...just wondering as you have the ra65 brakes on your ra23, im going to fit the lexus brakes to mine as they come with the front cut, let you know how it develops in coming months

cheers
wayne
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Fri, 25 October 2002 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 14x7's which fit nicely over my MA61 brakes.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Fri, 25 October 2002 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ra65 are exactly the same as ma61 even the part numbers
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Fri, 25 October 2002 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steeko wrote on Fri, 25 October 2002 16:14

I like the small rims Smile can go lower with smaller rims Smile

Personally I think this statement is misguided. Overall diameter is what matters, more rim less tire with the same overall diameter means that as far as how low your car is etc etc it makes NO difference. The 17s on my car have a radius that is 3.3mm bigger than what the standard 13s (including the tire of course) ran. What does this mean in the real world - FUCK ALL.
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Mon, 28 October 2002 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey youngy..
misguided??
not really. I woz referring to total smaller diameter, maybe I should have spelt it out for you?
With a smaller rim with a smaller diameter and a thin walled tyre, you can lower the car without affecting the suspension at all, but then of course there's a larger distance between the rubber and the fender. It is going to stuff up the tacho reading etc tho'.
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Mon, 28 October 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey celicamad 85..
yeah i still got the 16s,, not sure if i'll put em on the supra yet tho'.. Maybe i'll see wot they look like when i put the side skirts on. I do however have the celica rolling on the hydraulic rams,, just have to add hydro fluid and connect the switches Smile
loox pretty trick. Gold chain wheel and all. Doesn't bounce around much at all yet, should check it out in a few weeks time, I might roll it to harry's diner on a friday night, pulling 3 wheel motion Razz
I've been putting more attention on the MA61 lately, new head unit, i got sick of the old skool stock stereo. In doing so i blew some fuses and the headlights aint popping up.. horn not working etc. lol.
I'm also servicing the brakes and doing the rear bushes, probably have fulcrum do the rear bushes.
I'll have to replace the rotors all round soon, dno if you guys recommend the DBA slotted ventillated ones, I got a pair of them on the celica and they are good.. just a bit pricey..
Is coming along nicely, saw a sweet blue 61 over on the east side, tingalpa way on Saturday.. looked like new,, norbie woz it yours? dno if yours is on the road at the moment?
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Mon, 28 October 2002 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah dude, you should have spelt it out for me as I often get the word RIMS confused with wheels or tires and rims.

I humbly stand corrected.
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: ta22 dumped over 17" wheels Mon, 28 October 2002 20:09 Go to previous message
it all comes down to personal choice with wheels!
personally i havent seen any nice cars with 14 or 15 in ages, but hey thats just me!

wank factor???? is some thing you hear coming from people who are just jealous or big noting themselves, but again it is some thing i only hear in my local area! it might be different up your way?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2TG/3T
Next Topic:fabbed intake manifolds
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:58:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079531669616699 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.