Toymods » Tech & Conversions » wierd central locking/alarm problem

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
saa_
Occasional Poster

June 2003
wierd central locking/alarm problem Sun, 23 January 2005 06:44 Go to next message
Have a weird problem with my car alarm and central locking. Only just started the other day. Thought I'd ask online and see if someone has any ideas before taking it to a sparky (and I'm unemployed, so it won't be going for a few weeks at least).

Ok it's a rhino car alarm, with central locking in a 91 hilux. This is what's happening:
- drivers door open: can lock and unlock the door with the remote, or with the key. Also, when using the remote, the alarm arms as normal
- doors closed: when press the button on the remote, alarm arms, passengers door locks, but drivers won't. Press button again, now alarm off, but passengers door doesn't unlock, drivers side does nothing.
Also with door closed, key will lock/unlock both doors from drivers side (ie central works), but of course alarm doesn't arm.

So what I'm doing now is shutting the door, locking it with the key, and then arming the alarm with the remote.

I've pulled the drivers door card off and had a look around, but nothing seems out of the ordinary. I unhooked the solenoid from the lock and tried it (to see if it was a problem with the lock), but problem remained. So I'm guessing either drivers side solenoid, wiring, or alarm problem..

So I guess I'm just asking if anyone has any suggestions for something else to check?
It just seems very strange to me that it all works fine with the door open, but when you close it, its stuffed Confused

Alarm came with the car when I bought it, so I don't know a heap about its installation. Also, central locking only works from the drivers side..

[Updated on: Sun, 23 January 2005 06:46]

Send a private message to this user    
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: wierd central locking/alarm problem Sun, 23 January 2005 09:22 Go to previous message
Check the wiring going into the drivers door for the central locking. Pull on each wire individually to check if any are broken. It sounds like this could be the problem.

Good luck

Brad
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:steering nuckle/arm
Next Topic:RA-60 speedo not working
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:49:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042829513549805 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.