Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGTE...what computer?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
frontspinner
Regular

January 2005
4AGTE...what computer? Sun, 30 January 2005 02:29 Go to next message
g'day everyone, I'm collecting parts to build a 4agte, i am just wondering if anyone can give me any tips on what computer to use.
as i plan to run very low boost at first, until i get things sorted out, will the standard 4age computer be able to handle the addition of boost? or will it "think" something is wrong and shutoff?
will it be able to keep up with fuel demands?
if so, will a rising rate fuel pressure regulator combat this?
would a 4AGZE computer be a better/viable option?
or is it more worth the cost of lashing out and getting an aftermarket computer?
i know there are a few companies that have piggybacks for 4age, are there any of these that cater for boost?
thanks in advance for any help anybody can give me.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Sun, 30 January 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u will need the gze computer and injectors at a minimum if you want the engine to hold together and not melt a piston. Fueling demands are dependant on what car it is i.e. what the fuel pump can provide.

The only problem with running a gze computer is that you are stuck with the afm and the afm needs to be connected to the loom which usually creates some tricky pipework. If you can afford it get an aftermarket ecu i.e wolf haltech or microtech alot of people use microtech's and get good results.

sprinterman68
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Sun, 30 January 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have used a map 4agze computer with a wrx turbo setup this runs well.we are only running 7pound at the moment but it has no probs with the last wrx.we are just about to run it up to 14 pound and it looks good.this car runs smooth as.

im also using a ems 8860 computer for my 20v turbo and found it to be a great computer and very easy to tune.which means less money being spend at dyno tunning.cost was around $1600.
frontspinner
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Mon, 31 January 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice! my engine is the AFM version...will this make it hard to use a MAP gze computer? or is it just a matter of installing the sensors?
is a wrx turbo a TD04? i wouldnt mind doing a setup like that!
frontspinner
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Mon, 31 January 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if an exhaust manifold for 7AFE or similar will fit on a 4AGE?
frontspinner
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Mon, 31 January 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about a piggyback for the current ecu?

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 10:18]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Mon, 31 January 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if ur gonna spend $$$$ on a management go the whole hog u can get rid of the afm use things like boost control launch control water injection intercooler water sprays flat shifting etc etc..

The only advantage of piggybacks is legality but i can think of many ways of hiding an ecu.

If you must go piggy back then unichip are supposed to be good but i think u will still be paying 1-1.5 grand for these then add turning so more like 2 grand and i dont think u will get the flexability a full system can provide.

My opinion.

kebluey
Regular

January 2005
icon11.gif  Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Mon, 31 January 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump. Shocked
quest
Regular

April 2004
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Mon, 31 January 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno anyone who used any piggyback sucessfully on a 4age afm ecu.
I understand the GZE afm is compatible and works fine.

A friend has a 9.4:1 4age, MAP ecu with 440s and a safc. Has no timing retard, so he runs ~8psi on the street and sets the timing back ~5°. At 12psi, stock timing and spiked with race fuel, the car pins u in the seat... will smoke the rear tires thru 2nd. T3 turbo and auto tranny. Runs excellent, like oe.

smt6 is a $350usd piggyback that does fuel AND timing via laptop.
Greddy emanage is FAR more popular, does the same, costs ~$400.
Apexi safc controls fuel only, $275
MSD BTM can retard timing under boost only ~$175
to name a few
sprinterman68
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Tue, 01 February 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all you need is the ze map computer plus map sensor

and yes its the td04 turbo.

if u have an email address i can send u some pics of both the cars engine bays one is a 16v turbo the other is my 20v turbo all work and fab done by me.
frontspinner
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Wed, 02 February 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that'd be awesome. my email is theresnoreturnfrom86@hotmail.com
would you be at all interested in making another that i could buy from you?
kebluey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGTE...what computer? Wed, 02 February 2005 09:17 Go to previous message
what car is this engine going in?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Tacho/Tacho Booster Questions/Problems
Next Topic:does neone wanna swap springs with me(ta22)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:47:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051319599151611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.