Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Recommended repairer Mon, 07 February 2005 10:34 Go to next message

Can anyone recommend an auto electrition in the city/redfern area? My mate has his MA61 with a 6MGE at this place and he seems to be an absolute tool, he says it needs a head gasket now (I don't know if it does or not, there were no BHG signs but the mech says it has shitty comp in 2 cyls) but he still can't get it started. It ran fine before it stopped running. seemed to have good power. he also bought an ecu for it cause he thought that was the propblem but no go, and I think my mate has to pay for that.

I was just wondering, should he pull it and take it somewhere else or does what he's doing sound right? If the HG is going to cost 900 bux (quoted), I say put a 7MGE in, 900 bux would almost cover it wouldn't it?

Tim.
  Send a private message to this user    
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Recommended repairer Mon, 07 February 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just do the headgasket yourself, its about 1XX for a monotorque hg for a 7mge last time my mate did it, not sure about the 6mge, but 900 seems a lot for just a hg.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Recommended repairer Mon, 07 February 2005 12:47 Go to previous message
Doing a headgasket isn't really an optoion, he lives in apartments and I don't think the body corporate would take too kindle to any work going on in the carpark. I live in Bathurst so It's a pita to get it back here, but still an option. That's what we'd do if we went a 7MGE...

Tim.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:car ran out of fuel today
Next Topic:Hot4's cruise. 10 car pileup on F3 bridge.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 04:01:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062911510467529 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.