Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 18:30 Go to next message
does any one know where i can get an aftermarket adjustable brake proportioing valve from?

also what they cost???

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try Race Brakes - there's one in Sydney.

About $160 for a turn knob adjustable one.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.wilwood.com
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 07:11

http://www.wilwood.com

yeah i just noticed that after i asked the Q... cheers

gianttomato: thanks for that aswell... bit expensive though dont you recon... you what i hate? when you can get something from the USA delivered here for less than half the price they charge here... Fuck it a rort HARD and it shits me

lucky we are smart enough to shop outside OZ
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What was the price you found for them?

They're here for $40USD
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=p artdetail.asp&Ntt=260%2D8419+&N=0&part =WIL%2D260%2D8419&autoview=sku&Ntk=Keyword Search

If you're keen to get it soon, I'm after one too, we could split the shipping. Where in Syd are you?

Cheers,
Dave
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually didnt like the look of that one. i want this one here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;rd=1&item=4516283848&ssPageName=STRK:ME WA:IT

its the same part number but it seems to be the new model or something
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs,

If you change your mind though.

$40
+ $40
+ $24 (4-10 day usps airmail shipping - for up to 3 pounds)
------
= $104 USD
= $132 AUD
------
/ 2 = $66 each (say $70 in case shipping ends up a couple of bucks more)
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will get back to you in the next couple days. m gonna ring a few places here first to see what i can get
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, let me know how you go, especially if you find it cheap local
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I know, any brake prop. valve you can adjust from within the cabin is illegal in Australia.
Get one from a HQ Holden at a wreckers for $1 and fit that, adjust it from under the bonnet and then leave it alone.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 23:44]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: brake proportioing valve Mon, 14 February 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds tops, I was going to mount mine under the bonnet anyways.

So the HQ ones are adjustable?

I already have a valve on mine but it's VERY conservative. I've heard of aw11 drivers removing it completely when putting larger brakes on the front and having the front brakes still lock up before the rear. I want to let some more juice go to the back, but want to be able to select how much.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent.

Yes they are. Trouble is (for me anyway) every HQ I see at the wreckers is missings its brake prop valve, so I can't tell you about it first hand.

Understand about this problem for sure. Having some adjustment is definately the way to go. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Mitch.

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty ignorant with old holdens, but would this proportioning valve be available on the other holdens that look the same ie HJ, HZ?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not mounting it in the cabin but in the engine bay. im going to pick and payless in syd in the next couple days so i might go look at one... what year model is the HQ???? Confused
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 05:55

No probs,

If you change your mind though.

$40
+ $40
+ $24 (4-10 day usps airmail shipping - for up to 3 pounds)
------
= $104 USD
= $132 AUD
------
/ 2 = $66 each (say $70 in case shipping ends up a couple of bucks more)

I will take one too if you are keen on getting a few....
Postage to Perth will be a little extra to Perth but i'm happy to pay.

Gabe
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 09:02

Cool, let me know how you go, especially if you find it cheap local

hey davedave a mate of mine has one that he no longer needs as he sold his car so im taking that. sorry mate
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e, no dramas at all man.

Gabe, I'm going to check out one out of a HQ, but if that doesn't look like it would do the trick, I'll definately be getting one from the states. It will be within the next couple of weeks so I'll keep you informed of my plans.

Cheers,
Dave
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I belive HQ is from 1974 ?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 09:05

Gabe, I'm going to check out one out of a HQ, but if that doesn't look like it would do the trick, I'll definately be getting one from the states. It will be within the next couple of weeks so I'll keep you informed of my plans.

Cheers,
Dave

you might wanna go to pick and payless and if the goods arae right then possibly grab a few while you are there for people who are interested... just an idea
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a great idea.

Know of any good ones around Sydney?
And any that might have any aw11's (I need some trim bits).

I serisouly haven't been to a wreckers in about 6 years. Damn japanese EFI cars that never break down Razz

Back when I used to drive a Gemini it was a different story. It felt like every second weekend I was searching around dunkers-U-pull-it for bits.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Tue, 15 February 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pick'n'payless is out blacktown way and i think there is one out canpbelltown way aswell... its BYO tools/self serve
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: brake proportioing valve Wed, 16 February 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 06:05

No worries mate, Thanks.

Gabe
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Wed, 16 February 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 09:24

pick'n'payless is out blacktown way and i think there is one out canpbelltown way aswell... its BYO tools/self serve

The Ingleburn ( Campbelltown ) one closed down so it's only Blacktown. I was out there a few weeks ago and I don't remember seeing any MR2's at all Sad but there were some HQ's.
http://www.picknpayless.com.au/index.html

Quote:

It felt like every second weekend I was searching around dunkers-U-pull-it for bits.

I also spent many a weekend at dunkers looking for bits for my old torana. Ahh so many memories Laughing .
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Wed, 16 February 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i remember dunkers. that was the BOMB!!!! Laughing they are the guys that started the whole BYO tools thing... was and is the best thing
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: brake proportioing valve Fri, 18 February 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 09:05

Cheers,
Dave

DITTO THAT!
If I can't find a HQ i might be in!
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: brake proportioing valve Fri, 18 February 2005 02:56 Go to previous message

Put me down for group buy, PM me if it goes ahead.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My poor car!
Next Topic:T18, good, bad or different?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 03:05:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060110092163086 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.