Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE20 Rims BE HONEST!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sat, 19 February 2005 12:31 Go to next message
i have a ke20 at the moment and i have a pile of shrapnel to blow on wheels i have chosen FR simmons but im actually interested in knowing what you guys think would be good sizes..At the summernats this year i seen a ke30 with 19s on the back and 17s on the front, do you think that'd be good on a ke20??i was thinking about mini-tubbing it and putting 19x10's on the back and 17x7's on the front and dumping it, do you's think it'd look good or is it too overboard?? BE HONEST!
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sat, 19 February 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
honest?

you would look like an utterly fucking clueless wanker...

how's that? Wink

for a start, you CAN ONLY LEGALLY FIT 6" wide rims on your car.

secondly, 19" on a KE20? puhlease...

15" is abotu the max you would want to go, unless you will never actually drive it.

19x10??

sure it might look good as a hotwheels car, but on the road?

dangerous. stupid. look like someone has more shrapnel than sense Wink

and hopefully they would be stolen within a few nights of putting them on Razz

get 15x6 with 185 tyres (proper sticky ones) and your car will handle better and have traction.

Cya, Stewart

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sat, 19 February 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas: that was subtle! Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sat, 19 February 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i try Cool

i'd rather make the point known now, than have someone rock to an engineer with 19x10's and asking for a cert...

actually that would be rather funny now i think about it... it would be the funniest thing the engineer saw all week...

or maybe he could get pulled up by the cops and try to explain that they are only 1" larger and wider than stock Razz

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sat, 19 February 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe, "this is a special edition it came with these from the factory I swear!!" yeah I so agree with you. I say get some nice 14s or 15s and that's it.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sat, 19 February 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate it when ppl ruin a good car by putting fully sick 19" chromies etc Confused

go get a wrx or something and put them on that
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 14:46

LOLLLL!!! agreed..
you wouldnt wont anything bigger then 17'...

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 00:05]

pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
17" rims will make your car handle much much worse than the original 12" rims

3 grand well invested Laughing
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

to rice or not to rice? that is the question.

why waste money, its better spent elsewhere,
*bling bling*... if they chromies it adds 10kw.

cost of wheels
cost of mods to fit wheels
not roadworthy
adds about 100kg!!!

vs

wow, big chromies.

westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon a KE20 would look so hot on 18-inch Simmon FR's Cool
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 00:46

honest?

you would look like an utterly fucking clueless wanker...

how's that? Wink

for a start, you CAN ONLY LEGALLY FIT 6" wide rims on your car.

15" is abotu the max you would want to go, unless you will never actually drive it.

19x10??

sure it might look good as a hotwheels car, but on the road?

dangerous. stupid. look like someone has more shrapnel than sense Wink

and hopefully they would be stolen within a few nights of putting them on Razz

get 15x6 with 185 tyres (proper sticky ones) and your car will handle better and have traction.

Cya, Stewart

AHAHHAAHAHHAAH

well he asked for honest Razz

15' look nice and when the ride is lowered ( not ridulously low ) they sit nicely under the guards..id be saying go 15's and spend the money u save on some real performance mods

like custom stickers and neons Razz

CHEERS

NOLAN

oldcorollas i think u scared him off dude he isnt posting Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh. i plan to get 15x6 Panasports for my KE15 in a few years..

i think they look nice without being over the top.

i';ve seen 16 and 17" rims on early cars and thye don't look so good (IMHO) and they also increase rotational inertia... smaller rims = faster acceleration for same size tyre diameter!!

those 20 and 22" BMW rims are soooo heavy.... there is so much metal around the perimeter of them... not ideal for performance.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh 15' look nice..i got 15's on my corolla ( AE92 ) i think they look alot better than oversized bling... 22' rims on beamers are ok tho because they use them to look sylish..

if u have a beamer u dont race it u just drive around and look expensive Razz

i want an old roller, but i would rather buy it hotted up...rather than spendin money on it myself...i want the majority of the work done Razz

got fotos of ur roller?

NOLAN
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 13:47

i want an old roller, but i would rather buy it hotted up...rather than spendin money on it myself...i want the majority of the work done Razz

got fotos of ur roller?

NOLAN

give me $20K and i will build you one. you can get a nice "properly restored" one for $7-10K.

i have no fotos, only photos. mostly old ones except for the head work.

use google, i shouldn't need to suggest what to search for Razz

Cya, Stewart
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol..thanks alot dude

il send you 20k in the mail...lol...

and can you post some PHOTOS then

Razz

CHEERS

NOLAN
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, you are a tool you have no idea, it will be engineer'd as i am running a 9 inch diff so legally i can run 19x10's and on the front the tyre must be at least 70% of the width of the rear's, so 7 inch tyre will be nice on a ta22 strut..

im not concerned about cornering too much b'cos it will be more of a drag/show car

im a p-plater and i am more interested in picking up chicks than pleasing idiots like you

we will see who is laughing when i have award winning show car that will beat most road going cars in a straight line race...

i asked for honesty, not harshness but u gave it to me so i give it back..what happened to good old respect no matter what taste another person has...i guess us p-platers are more mature than you guys on the odd occasion
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973_KE20 wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 21:38

im a p-plater and i am more interested in picking up chicks than pleasing idiots like you

that says it all

dont know what chicks you will pick up with a car that looks like a roller skate though..............
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 21:57

that says it all

dont know what chicks you will pick up with a car that looks like a roller skate though..............

i agree dude,

1943_ke20 you asked for honesty, if oldcorollas had of told u what u wanted to here then it wouldnt of been honestly would it have?

think about it dude,

putting 19inch rims on a beaut old car like a ke20 is murder

specially with fully sick bling bling chromies, and if u think chicks are guna go for a giant toss like urself then goodluck.

CHEERS

NOLAN
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate have you seen all the early mazdas with the wide wheels and so on they look awesome..

im guessing that my ke20 with 19's would pull better women than it would with 14's, chicks are after something that ppl look at say thats awesome which is the response i get now with 17's

i would of prefer'd no i wouldnt like it, it would be illegal and it wouldnt handle aswell

you guys are the only bunch of losers who dont like this idea so im gunna go ahead with it, ill see you at wsid running 11's and at the summernats winning awards

your car with 14s will be in te carpark stuggling to crack 100mph gaining no attention
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha this is funny.

Go Newcastle. Go the Knights!!!
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see the funny thing is

you have absolutely no idea what car we have? or what mods we have planned, or who we are

we no u are some ricer wanker who plans to bling up his car with 19's ( which will give him 50 more kw )

and the only chicks ur gunna pull are the ones that u will have to pay to pull u..

u asked for honest opinions u got constructive critisism and now ur whinging...

NOLAN
big c
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a new way to pull chicks...personality. try it!
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 12" rims and I have sex every night with my beautiful GF who loves my KE20

I couldn't imagine how much sex I would have if I had 19" rims...

I envy you dude,.. you truly know what it's all about.. Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

And IMO,. a KE20 with 19" rims would look HECTIK BRO!!! Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 23:50]

1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can tell none of you own a fast car, ill see you at the strip running 11's and eventually 10's no doubt..

i also have a wonderful girlfriend who i have sex with every night and i met her before she even seen my car and she is totally in love with it and me, i showed her a car with the same kinda thing i want to do and she got so excited she wants to go to the formal in it..how many formals do you do with 12's??

maybe ill change forums to ausrotary.com at least they have fast and decent looking cars, maybe ill fit in there...
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sun, 20 February 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973_KE20 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 10:51

maybe ill change forums to ausrotary.com at least they have fast and decent looking cars, maybe ill fit in there...

You said it,...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

you can tell none of you own a fast car, ill see you at the strip running 11's and eventually 10's no doubt.

Running 10's!!!!!

What engine have you got in the car? What mods have you done to the engine? What gearbox are your running? Also, I'm interested in your diff set-up? Suspension and brake mods.... what have you done? Tell us.

Oh, got any pics?

seeyuzz
river
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reply to his post was honest brutally (sp) honest.
It was also a tiny bit harsher than it needed to be, Personaly i would have worded it differently but that's just me.

Also who ever created the thread you would want to make sure u can back up your claims cuz alot of people from here go to wsid.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973 ke20: people on here have no sence of style go for gold
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time2play wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 12:12

1973 ke20: people on here have no sence of style go for gold

It's not just about style mate,.. it just isn't practical or LEGAL in such a car...

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 01:29]

time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
f**k practical and legal........ when ur building a car 4 show its all about the opposite. would u drive a ke20 show car everyday of the week? i guess not. Go for gold mate throw 20s on it and a line of autometer gauges all over the bonnet and lets not forget a full roll cage. now hows that for practical.....
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time2play wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 12:38

f**k practical and legal........ when ur building a car 4 show its all about the opposite. would u drive a ke20 show car everyday of the week? i guess not. Go for gold mate throw 20s on it and a line of autometer gauges all over the bonnet and lets not forget a full roll cage. now hows that for practical.....

Cool..

if there are any intentions to have this car registered, goodluck... if it's just for show,. go for it

and when the car aqua planes off the road at 100kph into a house,.. don't bother calling the insurance company,...
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973_KE20 wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 23:31

BE HONEST!

WTF is a KE20 ? Rolling Eyes
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDCelica wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 12:50

BE HONEST!

WTF is a KE20 ? Rolling Eyes

Early 70's corolla,..
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you think to negative, rego is never a problem Smile

have a look at what your doing to yourself, go have a coke and a smile and a good hard long think, then we'll finish off this convo.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problems here mate Smile ,. just bored at work

I've stated my opinion,. back to being bored at work...
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same same, just messing with you.......... and trying 2 entertain myself Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time2play wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 12:52

go have a coke and a smile.

Eddie Murphy - Raw

Gotta love that.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My honest 2c:

1. you are a tool
  2. you need to consult both an engineer, and a mechanic. Neither being a mate/cousin/sister's friend's boyfriends dog's neighbour/related.
  3. 19" wheels on a KE20 is not cool. You are not cool
  4. www.hot4s.com.au <-- please visit the forums there. They will welcome you and your oversized monstrosities of chrome "style".
  5. big wheels and a nine inch diff do not the show car make
  6. 20" wheels do not equal style.

Please note these are MY PERSONAL opinions.

Another point to MY PERSONAL opinion is that I am saddened by the thought that such a rare and possibly good condition KE20 would be destroyed by these pipe-dreams.

And one final note:
You are not your car.
Secoh
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think suggestions should be made. Here's mine Smile

http://www.salesco.com/wheels/images/bearlarge.jpg
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a car represents YOU.

i wouldn't mind them wheels on my gfs car........ u reckon they got em in chrome 19s? Seriously where can i get them wheels from
big c
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't bother with the ausrotary guys. they'll shit can you too!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i was thinking about mini-tubbing it and putting 19x10's on the back and 17x7's on the front

I think most of you guys are missing the most retarded part of his idea... Putting 19" wheels on the back and 17" wheels on the front. Seriously dude, what is your major malfunction? It seems you have more money than sense.

Honestly... Do whatever you want, it's ultimately your choice. Just be wary that the response that you're likely to get from people is going to be similar to thosee that have been expressed in this thread. ie: not cool, not legal, not suited to the car you've chosen to do it to... We aren't all sitting at our computers ready to shitcan people's ideas for no reason. We welcome new ideas, just not shit ones like your's. Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

At the summernats this year i seen a ke30 with 19s on the back and 17s on the front, do you think that'd be good on a ke20??i was thinking about mini-tubbing it and putting 19x10's on the back and 17x7's on the front and dumping it, do you's think it'd look good or is it too overboard?? BE HONEST!

I saw it too, interesting looking rolla, build quality appeared quite good. Would like to have asked the owner how it drove.

17x7 on the front of a KE20, I have 7" wide rims on my KE25 and to get no rubbing the guards had to be widened (not rolled in 20 minutes by some tyre fitter) just over 1.5 inches each side $$$ the inner guards need some minor mods too, so do-able yes. Just a few $$and the time of a good panel beater. My car runs 16x7 all round because it's a good idea to have some rubber between the rim and the road.

9" diff and dumped, good luck with that one buddy, you are going to need to cut a substantial amount of your floor pan out to accomodate the diff and even then you will have stuff all travel, not good for running 10 second passes.

Quote:

I reckon a KE20 would look so hot on 18-inch Simmon FR's

There is one here in Canberra, it looks good but very roller-skate.

Quote:

The reallly good ones.....

Quote:

im guessing that my ke20 with 19's would pull better women than it would with 14's, chicks are after something that ppl look at say thats awesome which is the response i get now with 17's

Interesting...........

Quote:

you guys are the only bunch of losers who dont like this idea so im gunna go ahead with it, ill see you at wsid running 11's and at the summernats winning awards

I guess I will see you there too, as me and my mates have already been doing this shit for a few years. Don't like your chances of cutting an 11 second pass on 19 inch rims though Rolling Eyes .

Quote:

your car with 14s will be in te carpark stuggling to crack 100mph gaining no attention

HEY!!! I only drove my girlfriends car out to Summernats and left it in the car park on the Friday while I went and picked up my pass. How did you know it has 14's and struggles in the performance department?

Quote:

you can tell none of you own a fast car, ill see you at the strip running 11's and eventually 10's no doubt..

What is a fast car? My tuner owns an 8 second street registered car, it makes a 10 second car look like a slow car. A 10 second car is not slow though. Judge each car on its own merits and run some times before you start making big claims, an 11 second car is a lot of work and 10's is a hell of a lot more! You won't be running either of these times on 19's in a KE20 either, these cars are notoriously light in the rear end and a car with that much power and that type of wheel combination would wheelspin its way to a 15 second pass.

Quote:

WTF is a KE20 ?

The poor relative of the KE25 Very Happy

Quote:

You are not your car.

Very true.

All I can say is, if you need to ask a bunch of people you don't know opinions about cosmetic alterations to your car you are destined for a life lived out in struggle-town, perhaps some day you will be mayor.........

If you want to do something just f$%ken do it! Less time typey, typey, more time worky, worky!
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rego and roller skating and so isnt going to be a major problem because it will be a drag show car as i have said

there is going to be alot of work involved in getting this car to work properly but im prepared

the ausrotary guys seem to have similar taste, big fat simmons on older model cars

i am picking up a 13b turbo and box in the next couple of weeks so i dont think power will be a problem

honestly when this idea was suggested to me i didnt like the idea much myself, but this person knows how to build a good car and i dont doubt his ability..

if you think about it, its legal because the diff i am pretty sure is from a xb falcon so a 10 inch tyre is no worries and the front needs to be 70% of the front...7 inch tyre

i suggested to my mechanic that 18x9's would be slightly more appropriate but he said 19's is the go and i listen to him

obviously i wouldnt run street tyres on 19 inch rims at wsid, it will most likely be on 26 inch tall slicks and front runners
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

there is going to be alot of work involved in getting this car to work properly but im prepared

A lot of work, times 10.

Quote:

the ausrotary guys seem to have similar taste, big fat simmons on older model cars

I think you will find that:

A. most people who have encouraged you do not own a modified car, or perhaps a car at all.

B. They are 15 years old.

There are some nice rotors getting around on 17's and 18's that's for sure, but the KE20 is a smaller car than an RX2 or RX3 or KE30.

Quote:

i am picking up a 13b turbo and box in the next couple of weeks so i dont think power will be a problem

Probably not, but getting it to the ground will be fun (even with 10" wide wheels).

Quote:

if you think about it, its legal because the diff i am pretty sure is from a xb falcon so a 10 inch tyre is no worries and the front needs to be 70% of the front...7 inch tyre

Interesting theory Rolling Eyes

Quote:

obviously i wouldnt run street tyres on 19 inch rims at wsid, it will most likely be on 26 inch tall slicks and front runners

Obviously.

Looks like you have your shit sorted.

See you at Summernats 2006. I will keep an eye out for a KE20 getting hazzled by the bogans for being a rotar!
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so im guessing most of you have forgotten i actually dont own these wheels yet.. but anyway most of you dont like the idea so what would you advise??im still going 13b, 9 inch and mostly it will be a drag/show car...engineers is not a problem

so what would you say would look sweeet on my ke20, i dont want 15's i want something a bit more out there, what is my limit for people liking it..i have 17's on it now and the only response i get is thats sick and awesome so am i on the limit now or could i go 18x8 or 18x9 on the back and 17x7 on the front???
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i have a ke20 at the moment and i have a pile of shrapnel to blow on wheels i have chosen FR simmons but im actually interested in knowing what you guys think would be good sizes..At the summernats this year i seen a ke30 with 19s on the back and 17s on the front, do you think that'd be good on a ke20??i was thinking about mini-tubbing it and putting 19x10's on the back and 17x7's on the front and dumping it, do you's think it'd look good or is it too overboard?? BE HONEST!

OK, i will give you an honest answer.

Nope, i dont like it.

Now, if you dont like my answer, so be it, but you did say
".......BE HONEST!...."

If you wish to spent $20K or more on a KE20, go for it. At the end of the day, it is your car, not someone else's, but if you spend it, it wont be worth it. The only thing that appreciates in value is a house, so be prepared to lose money on your Corolla when you decide to sell it. Simple economics.

Build the car how YOU want to build it, as you are going to please yourself. If you are so concerned about what other people will think, dont ask, or dont build.

Different strokes for different folks.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMO,. 16" can look absolutely shmicko if you pick the right wheels for the era,..

I would go no larger...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

andrij wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 17:17

The only thing that appreciates in value is a house, so be prepared to lose money on your Corolla when you decide to sell it. Simple economics.

Not necessarily so, my slot-car racing friend. Just about any car you spend big dollars on doing-up will no doubt lose you money in the long term when you wish to sell. However, money can be made on some cars if they are kept long enough (so they are rare and sought after) and left in their original state.

For example, a mint EH Holden. However, this implies that you had it from new and looked after it supremely well for all these years.

Also, some classic old computers (70's vintage) are now demanding top dollar. Who'd have thought the old IMSAI of 1974, that cost $450 in kit form, would be fought over by collectors for upwards of $2k-3k USD, depending upon its condition and it's expansion boards etc.

Also, check out the inflating price of Enesco music boxes. Enesco don't make them anymore and some of the prices people now pay are quite ridiculous. And then there's Toby Jugs... Picasso's... hehehehehehe, now I'm just winding you up - 'cos I know what you mean. Smile

seeyuzz
river
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winding me up?

Damn, so that is the reason i get back pain when i lounge around, watching some of my slotcars appreciate. There is a damn key in the middle of my back.

Man, and i would have never thought.

OK, so ya got me on the houses, and yes, you are right regarding the cars. A mintie would be worth big dollars. I have seen the price for phase 3's, but a radically modded car will only attract a smaller crowd of peoples.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate to be the one to tell you this, but, it's been done before...
http://img188.exs.cx/img188/1044/10secon19s7gw.jpg

all jokes Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you wantd to pull chicks u wouldnt ahve bought a ke20 to beign with go buy a vl comodore and cut the springs and put some sick persuity's on it
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i also have a wonderful girlfriend who i have sex with every night and i met her before she even seen my car and she is totally in love with it and me,

so you have a girlfriend? yet you want 2 pull chicks?

OH fuck now i get it..with his 20 inch rims he will be PIMPIN

why dont u put airbags on it aswell....AND wheelie bars

that way u can go up and down while ur runnin 11'S

YOUR A TOOL

NOLAN
wumpagrande1992
Regular

July 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to pull chicks does that mean the ones with dicks?
19'' Not big enough, go for monster truck wheels, thats going to get attention.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 08:37]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

dude, you are a tool you have no idea, it will be engineer'd as i am running a 9 inch diff so legally i can run 19x10's and on the front the tyre must be at least 70% of the width of the rear's, so 7 inch tyre will be nice on a ta22 strut..

and i have the "code of practice for light vehicle modification" for NSW, that sets the guidelines for what you can and can't do.

yes you can have wider rims for that diff BUT for that WEIGHT of car, you are limited to 6" rims (otherwise you will be aquaplaning..

any engineer that passes that is breaking the law and should lose their licence.

nuff said.. legal is legal.... illegal is illegal.. Wink

Cya, Stewart
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sigh...

oh and read my sig Wink

12A NA is not legal.
13B NA is not legal.
13BT is not legal... in a KE20.

i know of one street registered KE20 running in the 11's and it's a fine piece of work (most ppl know yellorolla)

1). KE20 is not a chick pulling car... skyline GTR/Supra RZ are chick pulling cars.. not KE20's.

2) how many drag cars have large rims?

3) 10 seconds is a pretty wuick time, and you are not just looking at motor here.. suspension setup is a must. sure you can buy a 10sec package from some of the rotor shops, but it's the setup that makes them go.

4).. what sort of bullshit is that. you WILL NOT get a KE20 registered with any rotor above a 10A. it IS NOT LEGAL.

5). rims wider than 6" ARE NOT LEGAL on a car under 800kg..
5a) a 10" rim is ONLY legal on a car that weighs 1401kg or more.
a 7" rim is only legal on a car 801kg or more...

do you even know how much a KE20 weighs?

6) my "Code of Practice of Light Vehicle Modification" is copy 892.. how about yours Razz

heh heh

and you did say honest, which is why i was harsh. seems i was on the mark also, as you don't really have any idea what you are doing.

yes, please go and talk to ausrotary.. the old boys there will cut you down even harder Razz LOL Very Happy.

and you have 17's on it now?

pics or ban

Cya, Stewart
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have pics but no idea how to post them :S
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here's one

http://mishuna.image.pbase.com/u43/luke1987/large/28288490.niceke20.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
19's on a ke20 makes mechnic kittah angry!

Danger to teh braincellz!

Questions been answered , about 7 times .. oppinions have been given - most of them with fact pointing it cant be done legally in a hurry - silly things called engieers certificates - always spoiling our fun

simmons = Nice - though choose a more adequite size to suit your purposes

its a tiny car - big wheels like 19's, (though appealing to anyone under 10year old, or mentally affected by the " fast and furious" chain of thinking) , will look shit - really really REALLY shit ..

and crap too ..

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke20 4age engine mounts
Next Topic:protective coating for paintjob.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:38:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011437892913818 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.