Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Tell on a cop!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Tell on a cop! Sat, 02 November 2002 08:31 Go to next message
Heres what you do:

See a cop, be it marked or unmarked, driving dangerously, WITHOUT their sirens and lights on. If they have their lights on, then this does not count.

Get the rego, and get the time and date and place.

Call the local police station. Say you wish to make a complaint about the way a officer was driving in the locality. Typically you will be put onto the sargent on at the time.

They will ask for the rego, and then if it's not from their force, they will find out which department/area they're from, get hold of both their superiour and the person in question, and basically get them in trouble. I think it's fair and reasonable if the driver in question is actually driving dangerously. If they aren't, or if they are driving with a reason, then this is uncalled for..

If done with the right amount of discretion, I feel that this is a reasonable way of giving your input into the force, without being a smart arse.

Did it today too..
  Send a private message to this user    
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i somehow wouldn't recommend this course of action. why? retribution thats why. whats to stop the copper in question now from waiting for you and booking you every 5 minutes.

i do agree with what you say yes i've had many pass me at utterly crazy speeds on their way to the fish n chip shop to get dinner Wink but who am i to complain.

i might pay their wages but, don't want a peaved cop causing me issues..
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate was flying down the M4 after a cop that was doing 170kp/h with no lights or sirens... He went up beside them, gave them a wave, and flew off... They didn't do a thing and he had his number plate completely visable...
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not talking about doing it willy nilly, that's stupid, ridiculous and unfair..

However, whenever it's warranted, I feel it's reasonable, but don't be stupid with it.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well id have to say that i do recomend this course of action.
After nearly being written of a few times buy certian officers of the law driving dangeriously wheather sirens on or not, these cunts need to learn that they tell us not to speed, drink drive, talk on a mobile phone, and all that shit so what do these pricks do, they go out and do it themselves so if we have to be punished 4 it so can they. And who carses if the dickhead cop wishes to watch u, i dont know how they r gonna explain that 1 on there log sheet 4 they day (think about it) as long as u do nothing wrong what have u got to worry about. I know we r all not perfect but i think this is all getting out of hand and remember its all just REVENUE RAISING.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone say defect? you don't need to be doing anything wrong, if they are arseholes they'll just pull u over and defect u for something ridiculous so that u have to get it repaired and go thru the inspection station
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if they start picking on u after u make a complaint on them

im sure u could make another complaint about being picked

and itd be easier to believe cause they have a reason to have something against u

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys this cop bashing gets a bit much. im 32 and have been driving on the road since 16 and before and have only had about 6 speeding fines in that time. i drive alot faster than most people will ever,everday as i drive 150km to work and then another 150km home. i sit on between 140-160 for half the trip, which may sound fast but im a trained drive in a car thats built for it. most of the fines i have got before 20 was because i hadnt learned how to look out for radars and know were they are likely to sit. my worst being taken to the station for driving a street regoed race commodore at 240km\h in an 80 zone{rural area} the reason i was caught because the road was a dead end 5km from were they spyed me. we used this road to test the race cars as there was next to nil traffic because of the dead end. they had just served a warrant or something on one of the last propertys on the road and were heading back on the main road to do some radar work so had it on to show the new constable a thing or to about it. the sargent went metal at me for good reason{i didnt think so at the time} i lost my licence for a year and cost me $800. but i was lucky as i was a race driver. i drive a car that is very unstandard with a full rollcage and have yet to be pulled over in it. when you consider the amout of km i drive a week i must be doing something right{no im not a cop!haha}. i have a few mates that are cops both genral duties and D's so they arnt all bad, just a few young ones get a bit of a power trip going so you just be polite and you wont have a problem. the main reason they pick on young people as these drivers are the worst at speeding as they have no experiance{not matter how good you think you are an old good drive is better than a young good driver everytime.} they will do high speed in traffic{not all} and go from lane to lane in a car that is just above standard not knowing what they are really doing. im just getting things together with some of australias top drivers to get a advanced driving program going for young people so they will have a better idea what happens to a car at speed so they can control it, as you will never get them to slow down but you can teach them to handle it better. before someone says what about the old foggies that do stupid things, well im here to tell you they are as bad as young people that speed, because they think people like myself are idiots but dont realise that some people have speacially built cars and have had years of training and practice. you will all have had yound and old dipsticks that dont keep to the left and take 20km to overtake because they are doing 111km\h in a 110km zone. the time this cost me everyday drives me mad but i have to live with it{wonder if they would mind when they are just about to leave a petol station and said no just wait there for 5-10 minute because i think you should, as i dont see any diffrence in this,but they seem to}. it all comes down to if your on you P's or a few years into your blacks you just have to cop{haha} the cops on the chin and be polite till you get older. there is no other way,i had to go threw it and had times when i hated them but on the whole they arnt to bad.
god i hate typing, i two finger type so it takes awhile.
mick
p.s i wrote this to give you an insight to what i have learnt in my 32 years on the planet,that is all and if it helps one of you great but dont flame me because i wasnt flaming young people just bring a diffrent light to things.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmmmmm..... how will the cop know it was you who reported them?
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think u need to leave ur name and stuff then they can just look up the name and see the rego i might be wrong tho.

oh my mate got defected a week ago made a booking on the 30th october his appointment is on the 7th of january hows that for a waiting list! They cops down here are going crazy on defects, might be different in the eastern states but here if u drive a mildly modified car ie exhaust or anything else that stands out big wheels, bodykit ANYTHING the cops are going to hassle u P plates or not. P platers get it worse tho.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 03 November 2002 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what i know you don't have to leave your name,address ect and you can just say you would rather not tell. but they can get your phone number even if its unlisted so i believe but i honestly can't see why the cop would bother going through the records and finding out where you live and what you drive.

and also i don't see why they would pull you over for no reason as if you made a complaint about them in the first place they wont want to pull you up as they would be scared of you making another complaint. just my two cents Smile
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Thu, 07 November 2002 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work at a car yard and a young cop came to test drive a R33 skyline. he drove 180km/h in a 70 zone, he saw the cops, he said out loud, i'm a cop everyday and i have to see me on my day off, he slowed down to about 130km/h they caught him at that,
stoped him he pulled out his badge, and the other cop just said mate your a cop you should know better, he did a small burnot as he left............no fine nothign

now, every job has its bad parts and its good parts, we have to do shit work, but we get certain previlages, (retail store, u get cheaper goods, ) etc, i'd say every job has its advantages, and i'd say every person uses the adventages of their job and prides in them... these's guys are cops, they have to do some hard shit, so if they get the previlege of driving fast, let them enjoy it, if u want to drive fast, become a race driver or a cop.... and do the other stuff they have to do...

i do think tho that sometime they do pick on younger ppl but if u show them respect when they pull you over and be smart about what you say u can get away with a lot. (even if u'r young)

thats my story
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Thu, 07 November 2002 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll agree with you Freaky...

I always show respect when I get pulled over by a cop driving behind me... Don't be a smart ass and you will usually get away with nothing or getaway lightly...

If you be a smartass, then they will pull your car apart just for fun, check everything, defect you and leave you there to put your car back together...

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Tell on a cop! Thu, 07 November 2002 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you're saying that the cops should be allowed to break the laws that they're supposed to protect?!?!?!??!

WTF is that thinking?
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Fri, 08 November 2002 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they'r not allowed, but there are many things that are not allowed....

they're trained to drive fast, and how to drive fast properly so its not like they'r very likely to have an accident...

the speedin laws are in place to prevent accidents,
(even tho in other countries there are less laws and there are less accidents)

and i'm sure they dont do it all the time, but its like any work, u'r not supposed to bludge, or take sickies or watever, but u do it... accept their jobs are related to legal laws

heheh i dont know, go figure, if i was a policman i'd speed, in fact thats a big reason why i'd become a policman... but i wouldnt give ppl shit and use the power

Confused
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Fri, 08 November 2002 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freaky wrote on Fri, 08 November 2002 14:12

they're trained to drive fast, and how to drive fast properly so its not like they'r very likely to have an accident...

What about those of us who have taken advanced drivers courses ?
Should we also be allowed to break the rules since we are supposedly better drivers than the rest ?

I think not.

What is the point of a law with exceptions ? Ceases to be a law I think.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Fri, 08 November 2002 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freaky wrote on Fri, 08 November 2002 14:12

they'r not allowed, but there are many things that are not allowed....

the speedin laws are in place to prevent accidents,
(even tho in other countries there are less laws and there are less accidents)

and i'm sure they dont do it all the time, but its like any work, u'r not supposed to bludge, or take sickies or watever, but u do it... accept their jobs are related to legal laws

heheh i dont know, go figure, if i was a policman i'd speed, in fact thats a big reason why i'd become a policman... but i wouldnt give ppl shit and use the power

Confused

actually not all cops are trained and aloud to go fast, thats why if they need to go some place really fast you often see the cop car pull over two guys change seats and off they go, its only really the highway patrol guys who have had sufficient training in driving the standard cop isn't aloud to go too fast i don't know what the limit is on them but there is one i know that much,
btw i've seen a couple of cop cars pull over with sirens on change seats then go off quicker then ever.
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: Tell on a cop! Fri, 08 November 2002 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If cops were really trained that well then they wouldn't have accidents like they do when driving the pursuit cars, even the WRX and/or volvos they had have been crashed at some stage or another.

My old man was working near one of their driver training centres on a transformer there, backed out of the bushes and as soon as his tailgate was out a bit the cop driving locked up the brakes until he stopped. Now if they were trained drivers surely they'd have the reflexes to threshhold brake.

I remember a couple of years ago one of the cop cars got a yellow sticker from the Perth cops, because the young constable had been doing burnouts and the rears were bald. It was good to see that the cops dont let their fellow cops get away with everything, but it's human nature to go by the philosophy of "you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours".

I've never had a bad experience with cops, even been let off for 18kph over when pulled over, but I'll report anyone driving like a dickhead.

Speed doesn't kill, stupidity does. it doesn't matter if you're going 100kph or 110kph if you're driving like a dickhead and end up headed for a tree, or worse still a car coming the other way at 100kph, and it doesn't matter if you're a cop or not either.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Tell on a cop! Sat, 09 November 2002 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a funny one for you....

A cop in Wellington NZ was long overdue for a new car (most of the replacement cars had been delayed due to budget cuts) and got sick of driving an unreliable and unsafe car so he defected his own car and walked to work. Actually made national headlines too.
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: Tell on a cop! Sun, 10 November 2002 00:59 Go to previous message
Quote:

What about those of us who have taken advanced drivers courses ?

ITs not up to me to decide how fast people should go...
i was generally speaking the mentality of cops driving faster
but i think advanced driving courses are great

Quote:

cop car pull over two guys change seats and off they go, its only really the highway patrol guys who have had sufficient training in driving the standard cop isn't aloud to go too fast i don't know what the limit is on them but there is one i know that much,

yeah i heard that tooo i think its like 160km/h or somethin they cant chase you above that speed...

Quote:

Speed doesn't kill, stupidity does. it doesn't matter if you're going 100kph or 110kph if you're driving like a dickhead and end up headed for a tree, or worse still a car coming the other way at 100kph, and it doesn't matter if you're a cop or not either.

i agree with that tho, if the cops are driving stupid then for sure, tell on em, but not necessarily just speed. but u gotta olso remember those fogies that sit in the right lane at slow speeds also think we are driving stupid when we overtake them on left... so its all different from a different perspective

by the way how do you's do them quotes with who wrote it as well not jsut the quote??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Pretty funny stuff....
Next Topic:Copper Smash..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 23:41:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063788890838623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.