Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bennettaru
Regular

July 2004
ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Tue, 01 March 2005 08:17 Go to next message
i was just wondering who the canberra guys use?

when the work i want done on my car is too advanced (or i just cant be stuffed) i will take my car to Kambah to have it worked on by a mechanic who used to work at EVO called Ben, his a fucking champion and definatly knows alot about cars!

so who do you use??

Send a private message to this user    
duongy
Regular

September 2003

Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Tue, 01 March 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is currently at tuggeranong car care, i saw quiet a few imports there.

ive heard MANY great things about trojan motorsports in mitchell, and integra automotive in queanbeyan, but they are fairly out of my way...but then again good service is worth it i guess
chosen1
Regular

March 2005
Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Wed, 02 March 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Integra in Qangers is good - Ed is the guy there... knows his shlt backwards and is a very nice guy... he's been invited by Nizpro to all sorts of events and if u go past the servo, u will never see a shortage of imports out the front... only prob, he's a fair way out

i had only ever taken my car to Ed, but when he moved to shelbyville, i started using Ben. he used to work at Evo motorsports and now works from home... excellent mechanic and now i wont go anywhere else.. what he doesnt know, isnt worth knowing. not only is he into piston engines, but he has built some insane Rotars and is an auto electrician by trade - a fcking good one too !!! all up, Ben is the best i have seen and i will not let anyone other than him or Ed even touch the bonnet of my car.
at the moment i drive a 180sx, with a fair bit of love put into it, but when my soarer is cleared and gets ticks in all the box's, it too will be looked at, by only Ben's eyes.
bennettaru
Regular

July 2004
Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Wed, 02 March 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chosen1 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 11:36

Integra in Qangers is good - Ed is the guy there... knows his shlt backwards and is a very nice guy... he's been invited by Nizpro to all sorts of events and if u go past the servo, u will never see a shortage of imports out the front... only prob, he's a fair way out

i had only ever taken my car to Ed, but when he moved to shelbyville, i started using Ben. he used to work at Evo motorsports and now works from home... excellent mechanic and now i wont go anywhere else.. what he doesnt know, isnt worth knowing. not only is he into piston engines, but he has built some insane Rotars and is an auto electrician by trade - a fcking good one too !!! all up, Ben is the best i have seen and i will not let anyone other than him or Ed even touch the bonnet of my car.
at the moment i drive a 180sx, with a fair bit of love put into it, but when my soarer is cleared and gets ticks in all the box's, it too will be looked at, by only Ben's eyes.

thats what im fuckin talkin about!!

good to see that someone else can express how damn good he is!!

chosen1
Regular

March 2005
Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Thu, 03 March 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the biggest thing is being able to trust the person u leave ur car with... if hell was to freeze over and i had to take my car to someone else other than Ed or Ben, id be camping my little white ass in the driveway of the shop with a video camera and bat.

i left my first 180 with a guy in monash and the little fckers he called apprentices were driving it round all day and when i picked it up, i wasnt happy with the work - i could still hear the noise i put it in for... so little fcker no.1 jumped in with me (him driving) and off we went.. he redlined the first 2 gear changes and said he couldnt hear anything.. he then got really offended when i went fcking troppo at him... the car was cold to start with and i told him when i dropped it off, that u can only hear the noise at low revs, due to the loud exhaust - so when he redlined twice, i just about punched him out... then as we got back to the house, he went straight up the driveway and scraped the fck out of my front bar !!!! i was not a happy camper that day.
duongy
Regular

September 2003

Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Thu, 03 March 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ben you're talking about...is at tez' automotive in kambah?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Thu, 03 March 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

the biggest thing is being able to trust the person u leave ur car with... if hell was to freeze over and i had to take my car to someone else other than Ed or Ben, id be camping my little white ass in the driveway of the shop with a video camera and bat.

i left my first 180 with a guy in monash and the little fckers he called apprentices were driving it round all day and when i picked it up, i wasnt happy with the work - i could still hear the noise i put it in for... so little fcker no.1 jumped in with me (him driving) and off we went.. he redlined the first 2 gear changes and said he couldnt hear anything.. he then got really offended when i went fcking troppo at him... the car was cold to start with and i told him when i dropped it off, that u can only hear the noise at low revs, due to the loud exhaust - so when he redlined twice, i just about punched him out... then as we got back to the house, he went straight up the driveway and scraped the fck out of my front bar !!!! i was not a happy camper that day.

Sounds like a familiar story that most modified car owners have experienced at least once.

I have a good network of people I trust my car with for wheel alignment/suspension (Chris at Inline), diff conversions (Rob at the Diff Dr), tuning (Jake at Jakes Performance). I had to take my car to another place for a wheel alignment once and I waited around while they did it, the guy working on the car took it for a spin around the block. I stood out the front of the place and could hear him redline each gear and get a lot of wheelspin on my new sticky rubber Mad Understandably I was annoyed and under no circumstances will be going back there.

People need to respect other peoples vehicles, especially when you pay the c$%ts for it.

Luckily for me I do all the work myself apart from the dyno tuning, and wheel alignments so I rarely have to leave my car unattended and if I do they get 7psi to play with instead of 20psi (except for my tuner who can dial in what ever he likes).

As a tip I would let places work on a nice car that regularly work on performance cars, that way yours is just another job, not some new exciting toy to play with after working on v6 commodores and camry's for weeks on end.
bennettaru
Regular

July 2004
Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Fri, 04 March 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duongy wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 09:13

the ben you're talking about...is at tez' automotive in kambah?

he works from home.. but i was told he does work at EVO 2 days a week?? not too sure though

chosen1
Regular

March 2005
Re: ACT USERS: Mechanic in Canberra.. who you use? Fri, 04 March 2005 02:58 Go to previous message
he is based at home, but if work is being offered eslewhere, im sure he isnt going to turn it down.. and besides, he is good, lots of ppl know this and they r always after him.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:changing rego from NSW to QLD
Next Topic:Stripped interior - legal or not?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:45:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046079158782959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.