Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:06 Go to next message
We've all heard the "I beat a rexie" and "I trashed some bogun in a monaro" stories. Well rather than booring everyone with that rubbish, I find it much more interesting to talk about what spanks my dumb arse. Some of you may recall my previous & repeated arse-kicking by a certain Evo 8 (which I later discovered to be the demo car for tuning house "Ruf Performance" Shocked).

Well guess what it was this time!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~josh_and_sarah/Ouch.jpg

His vanity plates said "My F1" or some such. I don't think you can make it out from the crappy phone-photo though. And don't worry mods, it was all perfectly legal - this was taken after we both reached the end of the M2 and turned onto seven hills road. Our little encounter was coming out of the toll booths on the M2. I didn't actually notice him at first at the toll booths while I was paying the old-fashioned way with coins. It was only when he started revving at the gate before he took off that I saw him. A revving ferrari makes a VERY distinctive sound. We both took off together, and 5 or so seconds later it was all over.

Yes, I got obliterated.

Not by as much as I would have assumed, but it was a sound thrashing nontheless - we only got to about 100 km/hr, but he'd managed to get 1 1/2 car lenghts on me in that time. I'll tell you now - there is nothing scarier than reaching for third gear, when you can hear the car "next" to you still topping out first.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 07:08]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your car is well slow.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you are well gHey
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of ghey, have you managed to check out Greg's bucket recently Glen? It's actually driving and stuff! OMG!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duly noted
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no hahahahaha

danger wil robinson

that would be a large serving of sketchy, a side serve of dodge, and an upsize of hold the f**k on.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

and an upsize of hold the f**k on

Made more so by the fact the seats aren't in yet Shocked

At least not as of about 24 hours ago. It was just one rickety celica seat held in with 1 1/2 bolts, and it tended to upend you into the boot under load Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh well, better luck next time Laughing

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car seems to cop all the flak these days Razz
and whose fault is it that they haven't come over with the last of the dye I need and some back seats to copy off? HHHMMM?
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I have more important things to worry about than your car... like my car for example.
And finding somewhere to live.
In that order.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft bloody ricer...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not bad.. more boost
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:06

pfft bloody ricer...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing ditto!!!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing fucking funny!!! Better luck next time Very Happy
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice pic my mates house is just on the corner of that Very Happy
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know y u lost this race and i will say it over and over again... u need the 5ME.. then we would see some more results!! Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The lesson here is don't drag off really bloody unaffordable sports cars unless you have put alot of money and other stuff into your car to rival said bloody expensive sports car.
At least it was yellow, If it was red you wouldn't have even seen him, as the red ferrari's have more horsepower, everybody knows this... Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I suppose I should really stop picking cars that out-price mine by a factor of ten (in the case of the evo) and a factor of 20 or more for this latest one Smile
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 00:36

Yeah, I suppose I should really stop picking cars that out-price mine by a factor of ten (in the case of the evo) and a factor of 20 or more for this latest one Smile

You just need to up the anti a bit like a mate of mine did up here on the Gold Coast. He HAD a stock GSXF750. Add one turbo, larger injectors, aftermarket ECU and some funky USD suspension and he has a tried and tested Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati, multiple Porsche owning machine....for less than $12000 including purchase of the bike :/ And still gets about 200km's to a tank of juice! Well he did until he was buggerising around with his ECU's tuning hand held and decided to remodel the arse end of a mirage that pulled out across 3 lanes into his Smile

Don't feel too bad though, when i first got my FZR250 i jokingly took on a brand spanking new ZX10R, my first gear = 80km\h, his = disappeared over the horizon Sad
What worse still is i got beat in my poopra yesturday...to an excel Sad Oh the shame, the fact that it sounded turbocharged(and had a dirty great bit FMIC...well comparatively big) is not the point. Oh woe is me.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 21:23]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 00:18

i know y u lost this race and i will say it over and over again... u need the 5ME.. then we would see some more results!! Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

thats what i tell the fairies over on the cressida forum with their fancy 1JZ's and 2JZ's and 7MGTE's...

all they need is the high power delivery and single cam of the 5M-E and its game over.

speaking of which, my sig on the cressida forum -

http://www.supload.com/012005/gameover_the5m-eclub_merudo_hi.jpg

tee hee hee
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"More than you can afford pal. Ferrari!"
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 09:33

you had to quote that dreadful movie, now didn't you?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon you did pretty well considering the price difference. I think he would have been well surprised at how well you kept up.

BTW I can’t wait until I get to race a Ferrari or other expensive car!
Evil or Very Mad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 09:56

I reckon you did pretty well considering the price difference. I think he would have been well surprised at how well you kept up.

BTW I can�t wait until I get to race a Ferrari or other expensive car!
Evil or Very Mad

Shocked that crazy mofo of a beast would kill it Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you need to pick your opponents more wisely.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Owned again Wed, 09 March 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 07:33

I think you need to pick your opponents more wisely.

Pssht, where is the fun in that? It's always fun to take on a really cool car, even if you know you have no chance Very Happy
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh wat r u talking baout there is no better feeling when u pull up next to some fool in a VK SS and he kicks your arse... i am not saying hte VK is a good nice car... but the 5ME did make him fear me i am sure he could hear it over his increbily quiet SS... even tho he had his air folter sticking out of the bonnet and it was a 12" exhaust..!!!

the bottom line is the 5ME is the mother and god of all toyota engine and there isn't anything i have raced yet that has beaten me (except the VK) hell i can even beat GTR Skyline with the 5ME and this is when the GTR had a rolling start Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes u would be surprised how much power a 5ME iwht almost 300k's would go like... its fright-ful the power
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mind u... jsut thinking about it then... how would u feel if u did beat that ferrari and u knew he was trying !!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude I think something has mixed up a bit, being tasmanian might help explain it but a VK commodore is not exactly quiet, I haven't heard a quiet 308 V8, I think you mean a GEN3 SS so we'll say VT-VZ, the VK was built in 83-85 same age as your supra and guess what it'd probably beat it too.
Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 11:33

u would be surprised how much power a 5ME iwht almost 300k's would go like... its fright-ful the power

yes a car with 105kw is so surprising hmmm not, i reckon my corona would keep up with your car if not beat it lol. only down by a 18kw but 200kg+ lighter, keep dreaming and stick a real engine in it.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 09:33

hahahha

now c'mon all joorsh had a legitimate reason for thinking that he could take this guy. he'd just finished watching the fast and the furious and in that a 'turbo' supra beats a ferrari.... that is all Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but it was a "10 second car", don't you know that would own any ferrari.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 00:44]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i am fuckign joking... if u noticed i put 12" exhaust this thing was fucking loud as.. plus it was V8 5L and it had some work done too it aswell.. it kicked the shit out of me.. i know a VK was built then i can beat VK's with a 6cyl in them but 8s are a different story
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take on anything taht wants to drag, even when I know I'm gonna lose (like that ducatti 996) - you get thumped, but they usually compliment you on how close it was Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 11:33

hell i can even beat GTR Skyline with the 5ME

oooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL just JK, nai am the same i like to give watever i can a run!! although the 5ME does often beat everything it sometimes lose's and yes u do get complimented on being close!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 14:57

although the 5ME does often beat everything it sometimes lose's and yes u do get complimented on being close!

riiiiiiiiiiggghhhtt Rolling Eyes

5m-e is teh sux0r
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 15:04

although the 5ME does often beat everything it sometimes lose's and yes u do get complimented on being close!

riiiiiiiiiiggghhhtt Rolling Eyes

5m-e is teh sux0r

yeah it beats 'everything' on the footpath including those hot little granpa scooter thingys Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 15:04

5m-e is teh sux0r

damn haters

no one understands the POWER of the 5M-E

*shakes fist*
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Owned again Thu, 10 March 2005 05:32 Go to previous message

LOL just JK, nai am the same i like to give watever i can a run!! although the 5ME does often beat everything it sometimes lose's and yes u do get complimented on being close!

i used to be like you- didn't think the 5m was *that* bad... joke about it etc

then i got a new engine and the 5me couldn't feel slower Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:awd turbo camry
Next Topic:4AGZE ??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:33:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063841342926025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.