Toymods » Tech & Conversions » A/C Question For AE101 or Silvertop 4A-GE Owners

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Coomer
Occasional Poster

August 2004

icon7.gif  A/C Question For AE101 or Silvertop 4A-GE Owners Thu, 10 March 2005 22:24 Go to next message
Hi,
I'm currently attempting to get the A/C working on my '94 Toyota Celica ST with a 20V Silvertop 4A-GE in it. I've got a few questions that I'm confused about though.

1. Does all AE101s with the 20V 4A-GE use R12 refrigerant, R134a, or do some have R12 and others have R134a?
I found this link, and when I translated it from Japanese, it mentions AE101 air conditioning and a changeover from R12 to R134a, with part numbers for both. I'm not sure on that though.

2. If the AE101 uses both types of refrigerant, are the compressor fittings and line fittings different for each type of refrigerant?
I've read that R12 and R134a use different fittings, but again, I'm not sure on this.

3. Which line goes to which connection on the compressor?
There's the large silver line that goes into the firewall and hooks up to the A/C compressor. Then there's a smaller silver line that goes into the firewall and hooks up to the A/C condensor(I think that's the name of it...it's the radiator-looking thing) and finally hooks up to the A/C compressor. My question is, which line goes to which part of the compressor?

Here's a picture to illustrate this:
http://www.6gc.net/forums/uploads/post-1-1110481070.jpg

4. On my spare silvertop 4A-GE, the lines are still attached to the compressor, but they're cut. However, they've got these big metal things, pictured below. What do these things do? I know that my '95 Toyota Celica ST doesn't have these. And do I need them? I planned on using my stock ST lines on my car.
Pictures:
http://www.6gc.net/forums/uploads/post-1-1110481080.jpg
There's the 4A-GE compressor.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/uploads/post-1-1110481088.jpg
For comparison purposes, here's the 7A-FE compressor and the stock Toyota Celica ST lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's starting to get hot over here and I'd love to have my A/C working.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 22:32]

Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: A/C Question For AE101 or Silvertop 4A-GE Owners Thu, 10 March 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20V compressors are a bitch, they have different fittings on the compressors to a 16V 4age and AE101 4afe. I ended up with one like yours which had the lines chopped, so i am pretty much stuck with no air con on that car until i can either get the 20V compressor lines or a 4age 16V compressor.

As for which goes where..... i cant remember!!!
I have all the pics at home, but of course im not there, and wont be until later in the weekend.

Send me a PM over the weekend if you get desperate and ill have a look for those pics.
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: A/C Question For AE101 or Silvertop 4A-GE Owners Fri, 11 March 2005 00:43 Go to previous message
My Silvertop came with the A/C all piped up still. I will have a look for you if I can. I am trying to figure out how to get the bits working between my 6A-FC bits and the AE101-bits.

Trev
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Shock help
Next Topic:Which swaybar?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:59:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005842924118042 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.