Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tandanus
Newcomer

March 2004
GA Galant Eng conversion Fri, 25 March 2005 20:58 Go to next message
Hi all,
My GA Galant engine (1500) is smoking like crazy. Ive replaced the valve stem oil seals but its just as bad. So Im thinking of swapping the motor for something else. Im told a 2.0 or 2.6 Sigma will fit if I move the gear box mount back a couple of inches, but this looks like a welding job and I cant weld. Will my existing gearbox and/or bell housing bolt onto the Sigma motors ? Any other ideas ?
Cheers
Tandanus
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) Make a mount out of chipboard or woodcraft and take it to a metalwork dude and say, "Copy this but in steel."

2) ????

3) Profit.

Or you could use some 6mm thick angle iron to extend the plane the mounting holes in the car are on back wards. Then you could use the gearbox Xmember and bolt it to the angle iron. No welding required, just drilling.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2005 01:35]

81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use the 2.6 out of the magna its injected and the fly dont forget you will need to mod your tail shaft too.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a 2.0? L sigma at P&PL with factory turbo on it at present Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you gotta wonder about people that join a toyota specific forum and make sure their first post is about a mitsubishi
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey we like all the meats of our cultural stew!

Think about it Greg....this poor fellow would join a Mitsu forum to find the place littered with posts like:

"I just bought a mad '96 Lancer coupe from my cuz and fitted a sik Evo 9 body to it. Because it is painted in harlequin, can I still lower it 5" but removing the springs and still run 21" chromi3z? How hardwould it be to fit a b00st gauge?"

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2005 05:31]

tandanus
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info guys. No need to worry about my motivation - I just figured that car modifiers are car modifiers and take an interest in all cars. I guess some dont - my mistake. And what's "P&PL" ?
Cheers
Tandanus
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pick & PayLess - it's a pull your own stuff off style wrecker.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just call me biased Smile
we do love all modding. we just dispise ricers (well, most of us do)
flyinwall
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sat, 26 March 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call me biased but old school is still best school and another option is to drop in a 4AGE or a 2/3TG just to be different as they will probably cost about the same or less to buy
Secoh
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: GA Galant Eng conversion Sun, 27 March 2005 02:50 Go to previous message
you don't have to move any damn thing to fit an astron into a galant, other than remove the radiator spacer on the later ones and fit a smaller fan, or run a thermo fan.

www.performanceforums.com is a better place to ask galant questions than toymods.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:vaccum sensor
Next Topic:culprit of loud cabin drone???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:56:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045249462127686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.