Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
ma61 not starting Tue, 29 March 2005 08:13 Go to next message
ok guys. got the thing back together, all is good, but no spark, when turing the engine, i have NO spark, key in the on position, turn the dissy by hand it sparks, turn the motor by the key and turn the dissy by hand and ive got no spark. changed th emc from one out of a working (but smashed) supra, still nothing, ran the whole ignition sys off a seprate battery (thought it mite have been a power drain) but still nothing, ive treid everthing i can think of but still cant fix it.... do use have any idea of what it could be?? any help at all, no matter how simple is appreciated.. thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ma61 not starting Tue, 29 March 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the coil+ignitor is definetly getting power during cranking? Test it on the plug(s) going to the ignitor with a multimeter while cranking.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ma61 not starting Tue, 29 March 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to have a similar problem..

is yours auto?

i used to have an issue where sometimes it would be in P and not start, and i had to fiddle with the stick a bit before it would behave and crank over.. not sure why. maybe give this a go..
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ma61 not starting Tue, 29 March 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are two circuits feeding power to the ignition coil. One goes via the ballast resistor and provides an 8v power supply for normal running; the other bypasses the resistor and gives the coil a full 12v hit during cranking. It sounds like the cranking circuit is broken, which would explain why you have spark when turning the dizzy by hand but not when cranking.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: ma61 not starting Tue, 29 March 2005 22:04 Go to previous message
jesus norbie do u know everything about MA61.. or did secertly work with toyota to create this car ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:blitz english instructions needed
Next Topic:3t-gte --> Ta22 mount question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 23:21:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083029270172119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.