Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2TG/3T power output?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
2TG/3T power output? Wed, 06 April 2005 08:00 Go to next message
Ive been searching for this for a little while, but noones posted any power figures for the 2tg/3t hybrid.

im aware of the tech article on the toymods main site which states "This 2T-G type engine puts out a maximum horsepower of 124"

obviously, the hybrid, being 1.8 would produce more,

however, ive since foun d this little tidbit of info.

"95 hp, 109 ft-lb torque, 1770 cc displacement"

this is referring to the 13t,

now, i realise that the 2tg, with the smaller displacement, has better power figures because of the fact its a twinky...

i was hoping for somewhere near 135 ish hp? is this reachable?

and should i stop thinking about turbo'ing it? i was also, hoping for about 8-9 psi...

it shoudl be able to handle this shouldnt it?

Cheers for the help,

Eldar.O.
  Send a private message to this user    
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Thu, 07 April 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you'd have to build it pretty wrong to only get 135hp at the flywheel out of it. i think they usually make about 70-80rwkw, which is roughly 140-160hp at the flywheel.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Thu, 07 April 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome Very Happy

much better than i expected, hopefully the 2TG/3T and T50 will be in within a few weeks, just depends on $$$

Cheers mate!

Eldar.O.
big c
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Thu, 07 April 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey buddy, i've got a 2tg/3tg hybrid in my race car. got it dynoed at 120hp at the wheels and 530 ft pound of torque. room for improvement too. i'm only running 42mm webers with 32 chokes, low on compression, loose manifold, no trumpets, dirty old oil and cold bald slicks...... i shouldve checked all this before i took it!!! Confused
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Thu, 07 April 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, thats amazing, im planning to run full synthetic and all that jazz, nothing but the best, if you know what i mean Smile

Eldar.O.
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Sat, 09 April 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My TA22 rally cars origional motor was a 2TG/3T hybrid. It was bored 40 thou, standard comp, had 205 grind wade cams(think were only bout 260 deg duration) and only had the 40mm solexs. It made 99.9 hp(74kw) at the wheels.

The engine in it now is still technically a 2TG/3T hybrid but isn't an engine you can use on the street every day. Not going to go into detail but for what its worth it currently makes over 140hp (104kw) at the wheels.

Geoff
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Sat, 09 April 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
104? thats impressive, please! go into detail!
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Sun, 10 April 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It isn't difficult to get that sought of power out of a 2TG but it is by no means cheap, but a lot of cost goes into making it reliable as well.

In brief, its 1940cc, around 11:1 comp, 308deg cams, well ported head, EFI Hardware 45mm quad throttle bodies, Haltech ecu, pacemaker extractors through to a 2 1/2 inch mandrel exhaust.

It starts producing real power at around 4000rpm and is rev limited to 8 mainly for greater longevity. When its on song it sounds absolutely awesome! 104kw is by no means the limit either. We actually believe there is something not quite right with my engine and it should produce a bit more!

A notable Toyota engine guru in vic somewhere once told me you can't get a 2TG to flow enough air at 1940cc to rev much past 7000. I can well prove otherwise!

Geoff
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Sun, 10 April 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the untouchable was building a huge 2tg/3t hybrid, out to 2 litre with forged pistons, everything lightened and knife edged, 11:1 comp ratio, 304 duration rally cams, electronic ignition, etc, etc, the works....

would have been interesting to see the power it made, considering we researched and researched and found no-one had built one like it before...

ah well.. Very Happy
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Sun, 10 April 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a similar build to GefGef with 99 Rear wheel KW's. Only notable difference is that mine runs 45mm Webers and hasnt got a lot of headwork (more for reliability). Although a rally car it is as happy on the road as a dirt track. Starts pulling (torque) from just over 3000rpm. Redlined at 7000rpm although there is more there! Smile

GefGef - I assume the extra KW's are from your EFI set up and port work. And yes its costly to get this sort of power from a 2TG! I agree when on song these engines are one of the best sounding Very Happy

I believe a high comp and worked 1600 would produce the same sort of top end power but will not be road friendly. They rev to around the 9000rpm mark!!!
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2TG/3T power output? Mon, 11 April 2005 09:34 Go to previous message
i myself have been toying with the idea of the 2tg/3t hybrid. Finally got off my ass....

getting a 2tg with solexs, race cams (not sure of degree or duration). Rebuilding from mate mechanic to get port and polished, lightened flywheel, bored out to 1800 (so 2lt with 3t pistons) and perhaps a billet crank...not sure. On top of that, the clutch should be getting up to a heavy status....rest is stock till it is all paid off. I am guessing 90rwkw....am i wrong? I should post pics, cuz i just had some race seats put in and they look absolutely sick.....few other things to go, i want 100kw at the wheels...i'll be happy.

cheers,
crok.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:blowing blue smoke - 7MGTE
Next Topic:AE101 digital dash -> AE101 Analog dash loom????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:50:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048220157623291 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.