Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Sun, 17 April 2005 08:18 Go to next message
just a thought that would make shopping through the for sale sections easier (particularly the cars for sale) what about making the mention of the State that the seller lives in mandatory in the topic of the thread (maybe the first thing mentioned? eg. [QLD] FS: blah blah blah). I was just looking around in there for a car for my GFs dad (he needs a car to do a paper-run in the mornings) and its VERY tedious to click on every car that looks okay only to find out its on the other side of australia.
Like i said it's just a thought.
Even just updating the sticky?

Thanks for watching.

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Mon, 18 April 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not really a good idea because it stops people from looking in certain ads.

Just because its not in your state doesn't mean its not something you'd look into buying.

It only costs about $1000 to go from east coast to west coast, and even less if you are going from west coast to east coast, and even cheaper if you are moving things around the east coast.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Mon, 18 April 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree but you can split up the viewers into 2 distinct groups.
1. people who dont want to buy from interstate and
2. those that dont care where its from.

the first group would benefit greatly from not having to check every ad, but the second group would only be affected in that they would have to read another word in the topic of the thread.

i agree that some people may not look at all the ads if this was to happen, but some people dont want to look at all the ads.
A change like this would give them the option.

Personally i would be shopping in there right now but theres just too many ads and i honestly cant be stuffed clicking every ad to find out which state theyre from.

If there are other lazy sods like me, then theyre not looking at ANY ads, which is far worse for the sellers.

Im just trying to offer a helpful suggestion which i think would benefit both the buyers and sellers of these forums.

Thanks..
Aaron

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Mon, 18 April 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr_Love wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 16:08

...lazy sods like me...

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

How do you expect to find a car by being lazy?

Hoping for one to just land in your lap?
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Wed, 20 April 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not for me so i dont care as much about finding one, but i AM looking for one.
I was using other places such as carsales/carpoint/etc., but i thought that buying from toymods for sale page would help somebody out and the car should be well looked after, since if theyre here theres a good chance they like their cars.
i would just prefer not to have to spend 3 hours sorting through the 'too far away' pile when it could only take 15 minutes.

Like i said, the car is for my GF's dad's newsagency. I am merely doing him a favour by looking, since he doesnt like computers.

A simple change like this would benefit everybody. It doesnt have to be implemented on everybody straight away, a slow rollout would do it.

I dont mean to upset anybody, but i really do think this is a good idea that will benefit a lot of people.
thanks.
-Aaron
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Wed, 20 April 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with the doc.
other forums i visit use this idea and i works for me!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Wed, 20 April 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also agree

its a good idea.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Mon, 25 April 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also think it should be compulsory to state a price in for sale threads.

im getting sick to death of "pm me for price" or "make me an offer", or "make an offer and ill let you know" etc.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Mon, 25 April 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would make it so much easier if you had to put the state/price in teh Title. Its just annoying to find what you're after and its on the otherside of the country. It wouldn't affect those who don't car where its from but it would greatly benefit those who are only looking to buy in their state, as someone already said! please Toymods moderators etc. etc. make it compulsary! lol!
Thanks
Troy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially) Sun, 15 May 2005 21:57 Go to previous message
Great idea.
It's annoying clicking every single link and when you hit the back button, it doesn't refresh so when you're tired and after you've clicked a hundred links you start clicking on links you've already clicked on!

It basically has no disadvantages.
It benefits people who only want to buy in their state.
People who will buy interstate will click it regardless.
So it's win-win. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Alternate Theme Problems
Next Topic:Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:00:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060899257659912 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.