Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Sun, 01 May 2005 22:24 Go to next message
Has anybody had any problems with their 1G conversions where the idle stepper moto doesn't appear to be getting any signal from the ecu... resulting in unwanted and probably not healthy idle patterns?

We had the same problem on my first conversion and never found an ideal solutin for it.

Cheers,
Kirk
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Sun, 01 May 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've tried two ISCV's and neither do anything. Both middle pins get 12v as they need, and they seem to be grounded by the outer 4. I have yet to test the motor itself however.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know how you go... we are just bypassing the stepper for now until we can find a definitive solution.

Kirk
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kirk - do you want to loan mine to see if the problem is universal or just specific to your ISCV?

is not being used at the momen and has been stored indoors and wrapped-up since buying it.
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, i've had similar problems on my 1GGZE, unusually high idle when cold and eratic 'hunting' idle - real anoying. Looks like i've fixed it by cleaning the motor part of the ISCV and the part that bolts to the intake - but make sure it goes back together right or it will idle real wierd. I also reset the computer and it was much happier.
Glen.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have coolant going to them, they offene get clogged up and stick, also the one way flapper inside the manifold gets stuck too.

I ended up putting a complete gasket/blanking plate on my one.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Charles, but I've got a spare one here at the moment. No joy Sad

The funny thing is it was running perfeclty whilst in the half cut... and the second funny thing is we had the exact same problem with the first conversion we did.

We've practically done the same as you at the moment bugman and blanked it.

Since we are not running power steering or air con... the only thing we really have to worry about is the cold starting. It should be fine for the time being though.

Kirk.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it would appear Cool1 isn't around to say it, but I'd be assuming you don't have a good enough earth for everything. Double check they are all connected correctly.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah, i have a 4gauge wire earting one of the bolts that holds down the stepper motor - nobody can tell me my earths are bad!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 13:44

Bah, i have a 4gauge wire earting one of the bolts that holds down the stepper motor - nobody can tell me my earths are bad!

And the earth at the battery end?
And the body?
And at the ECU?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 11:50

they have coolant going to them, they offene get clogged up and stick, also the one way flapper inside the manifold gets stuck too.

This flapper you speak of, the 7MGTE has one too, I presume its a boost thing?
How easy can you move it with your fingers?
Coz I'm pretty sure mine was stuck last time I tried.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're all thick, or at least better than factory.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure this has prob been said, but that motor is only used for cold start enrichment, if its giving you grief, take the stupid thing out and just bump up your idle if its to low via the t body.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt its purely there for ColdStart.
The throttle body is supposed to be airtight.
At idle, ALL the air comes through the ISCV.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't there like some form of bypass on the throttle body for idle?

I dunno, I haven't looked much into the whole airflow around that area. I just want my cold idle-up!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 16:42

Isn't there like some form of bypass on the throttle body for idle?

Not on 7M's, 1UZ's or 1JZ's.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2005 08:48]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So that idle speed screw on the throttle body does nothing? Smile (speaking of the 1G-GTE here)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the manual fine tune for idle.
Will change it about 200-300 revs open to close.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Idle Stepper Motor... Mon, 02 May 2005 10:04 Go to previous message
Still lets air past... but who cares, I only care about my cold idle right now Razz

I guess it's possible that the ISCV is caked up inside or the damn thing isn't getting power when it's needed?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Guard Rolling
Next Topic:1uz-fe, overall width with exhaust manifolds
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:24:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094459056854248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.