Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
260z Conversion Fri, 06 May 2005 12:50 Go to next message
Was wondering if anyone has done a 2jz conversion into a 240z/260z?

Send a private message to this user    
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Fri, 06 May 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Why? Especially on a 240Z. It's a classic and best left as it was built. It's a wonderful car.

To answer your question, sorry I don't know of any such mods being done to a 260Z. It'd certainly be an interesting conversion in any event.

seeyuzz
river
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 260z Conversion Fri, 06 May 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it would be better to go on a nissan forum and ask if an RB26DET had been put in to a 260z. Yes i think they are both good options, i have herd of a 350 chev being put in to one or maybe it was a 240z but both similar.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 260z Conversion Fri, 06 May 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've seen a 13b turbo into a 240z... it makes the engine bay look very very empty
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Fri, 06 May 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if youre up for it, go the full rb26 4wd conversion... easy enough to do
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Fri, 06 May 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard of a 1jz going into a 240z aparantly alot better than a rb25 torque wise. Are you gonna get traction with the torque a 2jz makes????
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my older brother put a rb20det in his 260z, then later swapped it for a 427 chev. ive seen a few with rb25/6 and 2jz. y not put a 1uz in it and twin turbo it, theres plenty of room in that engine bay.
filthman
Regular

May 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not try the RB30DE out of a VL (the best engine holden used wasn't a holden engine!! Laughing) , fitted up with the RB20 / 25 twin cam head, with or without a turbo. Keeps everything Nissan. I was researching it myself before I got back into '35's, its not hard to do. Even without the twincam head, theres plenty of high power (as in 10 / 11 second) RB30DET's on the road. I think the standard RB30DET is about 140kw's, with no intercooler. Basic turbo mods - as in intercooler, better turbo (a nice GT or similar) and aftermarket ECU will make it a nice quick reliable road car. It'll leave your Gen3's for dead.
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im planning on going NA, and for the price you cannot beat a 2jz, much more power stock than an RB25de and cheaper to get than an RB30DE and with the added bonus of VVTI

Ive seen a 2jzgte conversion on hybridz.org but the guy welded a brace from the cross-member back to the chassis rail and used the original 2jz engine mounts, i dont really wanna go this way, i want to use the original Datsun crossmember, and not weld stuff to the chassis rails,

The engine mounts on the 2jz block are located back of centre on the block which means they are 7-10" approx behind the original L-series engine mounts,

There was a bloke who installed a 1jz into a 240z and he got around this same problem by using "other" bolt holes on the block which were much closer to the front on the engine,
Removed AC on the passenger side and i dont think there was anything in the way on the driver's side that got in the way,
Then just fabricated up some engine mounts and used "other" bolt holes on the block which were in a more suitable location,

The problem i have is that im not sure if you can do the same with the 2jz block,

Can anyone tell me if the 2jz block is the same as the 1jz externally?
Like there will be a bunch of bolt holes closer to the front of the block that i can use like on the 1jz?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easily the nicest conversion that i was shown pics of was the Nissan VH45 V8 from the nissan Q45 luxury car, but it was twin turbo.

Pics of blue Z down the bottom of page

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/engines/pages/q45v8 z-testfit.html

This is some extremely nice work.

Something worth considering...

Jezza
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
filthman wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 11:40

Why not try the RB30DE out of a VL (the best engine holden used wasn't a holden engine!! Laughing) , fitted up with the RB20 / 25 twin cam head, with or without a turbo. Keeps everything Nissan. I was researching it myself before I got back into '35's, its not hard to do. Even without the twincam head, theres plenty of high power (as in 10 / 11 second) RB30DET's on the road. I think the standard RB30DET is about 140kw's, with no intercooler. Basic turbo mods - as in intercooler, better turbo (a nice GT or similar) and aftermarket ECU will make it a nice quick reliable road car. It'll leave your Gen3's for dead.

its nots as cheap or easy to
1. find a rb30 in decent nick (one that hasnt been thrashed by habib and his cousins)
2. to put a twin cam head on a rb30 bottom end

than it is to buy a rb20 or rb25 motor and bolt that in.

its also quite expensive to build an 10 second rb30 motor

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 05:58]

aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know if the 1jz and 2jz use the same block?
or,
If they dont, what the differences between them - ie.......bolt hole locations.....

Yeah thought about the VH45, but its supposed to be a real pain in the A#s to get in the engine bay of a zed and run a manual transmission behind,
Its like 80cm's wide, so it just fits - im pretty sure that bloke from Japan ended up welding new mounts to the Chassis rails so he could get the engine as far back into the engine bay as possible (i could be wrong.........),

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from memory the 1jz and 2jz have different bottom ends as people often combine the greater capacity 2jz with the better flowing 1jz head making a 1.5jz wether that is because the bore is bigger or the stroke is longer i dunno
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2JZ bottom end is taller
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys for the info,

Dont suppose anyone has any side on pics of both the 1jz & 2jz engines,
I've managed to track down a few pics, but nothing the has much detail,
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i dont have any pics - but at the last Cooloolah Car Club motorkhana in Gympie there was a 260Z with 1UZ-FE!

and it sounded extremely sexzy ...

only down side was that on the wet cement skid pan it hand next to no traction at all and at times verged on uncontrollable ... tho the driver's right-foot probably had something to do with it Wink

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a pic from my conversion:

2JZGE.

http://www.norbie.net/ifli4u/2jzmounts.jpg

There is another set of bolt holes to the rear (left) in the picture.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 09:58]

scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a 1j will fit as too will a 1uz. was looking at this conversion a while ago but yet to find a 240z donor vehicle for the right price.
good luck with it all
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 07 May 2005 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 16:43

from memory the 1jz and 2jz have different bottom ends as people often combine the greater capacity 2jz with the better flowing 1jz head making a 1.5jz wether that is because the bore is bigger or the stroke is longer i dunno

ive yet to see an oucne of actual proof about this whole 1jz > 2jz head flow rubbish. its just one more bit of americal-forum-bred crap that doesnt seem to die. show me the flow figures

1.5jz is done simply by 1jz owners who can upgrade their block easily and simply to get another .5L capacity and keep all their fancy turbo gear
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1uz, 1jz and 2jz will all fit, but its how you get them to fit,

The 1uz has mounts in the middle of the block and being a V8 isnt as long as a straight six - so the way ive seen folk mount this engine is way back in the engine bay and then welding new engine mounts to the chassis rails,

The 2jz ive seen mounted in a Zed was done by doing kinda the same thing,

The 1jz ive seen in a Zed just mounted the engine on custom made engine mounts which were closer to the front of the block, so was able to retain the original Datsun engine crossmember mounts,

With the 2jz because it's is taller i was wondering if there would be any issues with this engine hitting the bonnett if you try and mount the engine on the original engine crossmember mounts?
& Whether or not there is enough bolt holes on a 2jz close to the front of the block to be able to secure custom engine mounts (drivers side should be sweet, but the passenger side looks like it might be a drama),

The only way ill know for sure is putting a 1jz and 2jz engines side by side and taking some measurements and pics.............

Anyone know where i can do this in Canberra?

Just curious aswell - anyone know what is a good price to pay for a W58 Supra 5spd conversion to mate up to a 1jz/2jz engine?
(JZA80 bellhousing, W58 box, Clutch, Flywheel, Shifter, Tailshaft, Clutch fork.....etc...etc)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the picture above shows the mounting point is between cylinder 2-3. I'm pretty sure it won't go much further forward than this.

You will definetly need custom mounts made up regardless.

With the taller block, just need to drop it lower in the engine bay if its a clearance issue, but we have used identical set of mounts for a 1jzgte and a 2jzge in an MA61 supra. The 2j does sit alot higher, also due to the intake manifold across the head.

But if you can find the correct configuration sump to get around the crossmember, that would be your best starting point.

Front sump off a chaser is rare and hard to find, mid/rear is the most common off JZA80 supra's and true rear sump's are off crown's and can be difficult to find, but wouldnt fetch the price of the front sump.

As for all the components, flywheel $2-300, bellhousing $300, tailshaft will be custom, but a yoke could be picked up from an MA61 supra for nothing if you get one with a shagged center bearing.

Gearbox $300+, but if you can, see if you can pickup a manual from a JZA80 supra which will be W58, get the bellhousing, clutch slave and clutch fork all in one package.

Pickup a clutch off the shelf from an Exedy dealer.

Any shifter from a W58 box will suit, but will need modifications to fit a JZA80 supra box as they have a shifter exention mechanism that needs to be sorted out.

See here: http://www.norbie.net/Project2JZ/Phase9.htm

aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmmmm...........probably a really easy to know if the 2jz will fit in the Zed is comparing it with an RB30 engine,

RB30 is quite tall, taller than the RB25/26, so...........

If the 2jz is roughly the same size as the RB30 height wise, than i could use the original crossmember mounts and not have clearance issues............

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about i go measure my 2jz for you?
filthman
Regular

May 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 15:57

its nots as cheap or easy to
1. find a rb30 in decent nick (one that hasnt been thrashed by habib and his cousins)
2. to put a twin cam head on a rb30 bottom end

than it is to buy a rb20 or rb25 motor and bolt that in.

its also quite expensive to build an 10 second rb30 motor

I didn't say that building a 10sec RB30 was cheap. This level of power never is.

Yes habib has never done a great service to the VL Laughing , which wasn't a bad car. Remember Skylines of the same time had the same engine, and most were driven by Grandpa Very Happy .

I had been looking at building this exact engine for a HR Holden but decided against it, but from the information I got from numerous engine builders it shouldn't have been to difficult.

Granted I've never actually built one myself to be able to confirm. Embarassed

Every bit of information that anyone gains on this website should be researched yourself BEFORE spending the money.
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra - that would be awesome mate, and ill go measure an RB30 i've got lying around in an old commonwhore Wink

I'll go do it now
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a bloke in NZ (company called RIPS) that can build you a RB30DE/T Hybrid engine for about $3500 AUS which includes a rebuild motor, and engine package (intake, injectors....etc),

They say they are good for 300-350kw on stock internals, but they say they can be made to make 500kw on stock internals
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
approx 540mm high from the top of the step at the rear of the block (seen in the pic above as the little triangular section at rear of block) to the top of the crossover pipe on for the intake.

The sump is then 90mm deep at the front and 60mm deep at the rear (this is with a front sump), and these heights are additional to the block and motor heights measured above.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've actually got both 1JZGTE and 2JZGTE engines kicking around the shed at the moment Laughing You're welcome to come have a look... However it's a bit far to walk! I'll see if I can get some passable photos of both if you ask nicely.

I'd probably look at the V8 option first - Nissan 8 would be great, except they're a lot harder to find, and generally much more expensive. The Toyota V8 is a good option because they're easy to get, cheap, you can get different sumps for them, there's a variety of gearbox kits, and quite a few people know how to make them go alright either NA or turbo. I'd be looking at an NA 1UZFE with as much done to it as you can! It'd sure sound the goods...

Otherwise, take a look at a couple of old Zoom mags to see the 1JZ into Zed conversion to give you a few ideas. I'm not really into the RB so much, as the 20 is gutless down low, the 25 tends to be overpriced and not as gutsy as it should be, the 26 is seriously expensive, and the 30 is gutless/sounds dreadful unless you start doing a fair bit of work on them (i.e. feed it boost).

The 2JZ definately sits up notably higher than a 1JZ, but is a potential option NA (GT, this is YOUR cue!), or turbo.

The VL Commodore is NOT a good car.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/Mark2JZ/JZA80/suro4_1.jpg

mmmm tasty.
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the measurements BlackSupra,

I took some measurements of the RB30 in the VL Commodore,

Bottom of block to top of intake manifold is approx 533.4mm (21") and if you include the sump from the front its 685.8mm (27"),

So if you include the sump the 2jz is 630mm top to bottom at the sumps lowest point,
And,
The Rb30 if you include the sump is 686mm approx,

But less than 1cm in difference between the block/head/intake height between the RB30 & 2JZ, therefore if you can cram an RB30 into a Zed and use the mounts on the original crossmember, you can cram a 2JZ into a zed and use the original engine mounts on the crossmember,

AWESOME..............

But will obiviously need to whip up some custom engine mounts,
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin pics would be awesome champ,

Just need pics of both sides of each block, ive managed to track down a few pics but nothing that great
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, I'm a purist - a Toyota engine in a Datto is heresy.

Do this I say. RB30 bottom end, RB25DE head, ITBs.
http://www.nispares.com.au/RB25_NA2.JPG
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll see if I can remember to slip the camera out for a few minutes tomorrow Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sun, 08 May 2005 03:07

4agte wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 16:43

ive yet to see an oucne of actual proof about this whole 1jz > 2jz head flow rubbish. its just one more bit of americal-forum-bred crap that doesnt seem to die. show me the flow figures

1.5jz is done simply by 1jz owners who can upgrade their block easily and simply to get another .5L capacity and keep all their fancy turbo gear

ok mate dont have to get narky its not like i was sayin it like it was gospel
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im just sick of seeing this still propagating through space
quest
Regular

April 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Sun, 08 May 2005 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Other options.....
I've seen at least 3 different websites with 7mgte transplanted into old Z cars. Looks at home in a left hand drive chasis, where your brakes/steering gear not tangled up with exhaust/turbo plumbing.
7Ms are no more expensive to get sik power from. There are a few 10sec full weight daily driven air conditioned street, heavy arse mk3 supras about. In the lightwt Z, that power will scare u silly.

Seen a 280z vg30dett transplant, auto tranny ran mid 11s, stock turbos
There is also a 700hp 280z with a sohc vg transplant that used a bone stock sport ute v6/ microteh/ big turbo and made close to 700 to the wheels! Not bad for a dirt cheap torque monster
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Mon, 09 May 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought about the 7mg but they arent a whole lot cheaper than a 1jz, wreckers were asking around the $1200-$1400 mark for them,
whereas you can pick up a 1jz for about $1500,
If i was going turbo than i would just spend the extra couple of $100 and get the 1jz,

VG30DETT are supposed to be such a nightmare to get into a Zed,
Just because of the twin-turbo's and the V6 configuration its a really wide engine and does not fit between the strut towers without some serious mods to the engine bolt ons
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Mon, 09 May 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin, yeah get your ass into gear and take some pics of those engines Very Happy

Seriously though, that would be sweet mate, ive managed to track down a really good side shot of a 2jz, but nothing yet of a 1jz - but all the pics you can manage would be sweet champ
quest
Regular

April 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Mon, 09 May 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since all 1Js are 'imported' to the u.s., price difference between 7M is huge. We've put used gte pistons/exhaust mani/ct26/440s on a dirt cheap 7mGE that went really hard. The w58 stood up surprisingly well in the 3000 pound hull. An inexpensive 'experiment'.

The sohc VG has also stunned many with the outstanding hp and tq they make boosting low priced bone stock powerplants snatched straight outta sport utes. Z31 folks regularly see 500hp/500 ft-lbs tq from this smooth runner. That stock sohc vg/280 I mentioed above, finally let go at over 700whp at the dragstrip, 3.3L version iirc. Significantly narrower powerplant than the twin cam, quite compact and capable still.
Just some relatively inexpensive boosted considerations that may compete with your normally aspirated choice, pricewise

There were two *stock internal* rb25det not far from here, both dyno'd 500hp+ to the threads. Swapped into s13 and s14 chasis, ran 11.1 and 10.8s. 260 perhaps same wt as s13? It would be my choice in a right hand drive chasis... all nissan to boot
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Mon, 09 May 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of the niceset conversion ive seen was an old neighbours 240Z with a 7MGTE, and did it fly, naturally the newer 2J would be a better albiet more expensive option, but dont scrap the good old 7m for the job either.
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Tue, 10 May 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The NA 2JZ pumps out 220hp from the factory and the 7MG is pretty close to that, not alot more, i know you could more easily pump up the output from the 7MGTE than you could an NA 2JZ, but the extra expense of a new exhaust, intercooler and piping i would have to do for the 7MG to start with, I would just prefer to stick with the NA 2JZ - plus i'd prefer to NA over turbo (just my personal preference),

And from what ive found the 1JZ and 7MG arent that far away from eachother price wise, if i was going to go turbo, i would just go with the 1JZ
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Tue, 10 May 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 02:08

im just sick of seeing this still propagating through space

honestly get a life if shit like that bothers you so much

it has been done in the states tho
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Tue, 10 May 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please excuse the time taken for me to actually do this... Oh, and also note that I'm not exactly a masters student of the school of photography! The 2JZ pics are a bit of a bugger to take because there's not a lot of room around the engine... Anyway!

The 1JZ:
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20110.jpg
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20111.jpg

The 2JZ:
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20112.jpg
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20113.jpg
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20114.jpg
http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/Big%20Don/Picture%20115.jpg

Hope these at least begin to help!

Note that the 1JZ has a front sump (Chaser) whereas the 2JZ sump is further back (Supra) - however these are totally interchangable. There's plenty of good holes to anchor engine mounts to on both engines, so really the only thing to suggest which one you might use is price.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:36]

aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Tue, 10 May 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin, Thanks heaps for that mate, you are a legend Smile

I've been offered a low clicks 2jz & 5spd Manual for about $2300, seems like a decent price for it,
The 1JZ & W58 package was $2500, so not a whole lot of difference, but i would prefer the larger capacity NA engine over the 1jz,
So im most likely going to go with the 2jzge engine
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Tue, 10 May 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good man.
Another to the NA ranks. Would have prefered to see a stonking hot RB30DE though.
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Wed, 11 May 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try to find an old Zoom mag with a 240Z with a 1JZ conversion. They did a series of articles covering the entire conversion. Apparently there were issues regarding the clutch, bellhousing and starter motor. Toyota and Nissan apparently had these on different sides.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Wed, 11 May 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the mags here, come visit and you might get to take a look. I might even offer you a cuppa Razz
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Thu, 12 May 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This website has a long article about installing a 1jz into a 240z, some of the pages havent been scanned properly so you dont get the complete article

http://www.blkmgk.com/Development/TestWEB.nsf
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Thu, 12 May 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/uber-2/

http://members.optushome.com.au/uber-2/Datsun%2024.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/uber-2/Datsun%2026.jpg
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Thu, 12 May 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love the carbs!
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Thu, 12 May 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was apparenly back in the late 80's so i think we can let him off!
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 14 May 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone tell me what a good price is to pay for a

2JZGE (with VVTI)

&

2JZGTE (with or without VVTI)

With lowish km's, like 60k-100k on them?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 14 May 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on a lot of things, eg is it a half cut or an engine package, does it come with a transmission, does it have an ECU and intact loom, is it manual or auto, did it come from a Supra or a Crown or an Aristo... etc etc.

To give you an idea an Aristo half cut seems to be around $4500 (auto) and JZA80 Supra is around $7-8k (6sp). Both with non-VVTi 2JZ-GTE.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 14 May 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Recently for Ryan's car he paid $800 for a non-VVT 2JZGE with ECU and nearly all the loom, with no gearbox.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 260z Conversion Sat, 14 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 02:14

that was apparenly back in the late 80's so i think we can let him off!

Was I bagging it? Razz I remember a few twin-turbo 8 pot projects from the 80s, but not too many people started taking the whole idea too seriously until a few years ago.
splatt
Regular

October 2004
Re: 260z Conversion Tue, 05 July 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Threads been quiet for a while, if the original poster is still out there, I've just got all the goodies together for a single turbo 1JZ VVT into a 260Z, time will no doubt kill my fun,I will post pic's as it progresses, Where can I get a rear sump(Crown) in Sydney at a reasonable price?I have a front sump(Chaser)(NOT SELLING AT THE MOMENT! Keeping it intact in front cut to run and test as I'm going, the big problem will be getting the harness across. IMHO it does not matter if you're using 1jz or 2JZ, mounts will have to come from the rails, Dat subframe is too far forward.
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: 260z Conversion Tue, 05 July 2005 07:34 Go to previous message
Hi Splatt, im still out here, im about half-way through installing my 2jzge VVTi into the Zed, and its a real pain in the a#s, its such a tall sucka with the intake crossing over the head, clearance is very very tight, at the top and the bottom,

As far as the engine mounts go you can easily use the Datto crossmember for the mounting of the engine, or you can do as you suggested and mount rails going back from the crossmember to the TC rods (check hybridz.org - dude did this and there is lots of pics)

Ive got a pic of the Passenger side engine mount of a 1jz into a 240z, i dont know how to post it though,
They used the original Datto crossmember and fabricated some engine mounts to connect to the block, this way meant that you can not run Air-Con though, this is what im doing, there are lots of good bolt holes forward on both blocks,

With the turbo'd motor im pretty sure your clearances will be a real nightmare (width wise), the bloke who had the above done to his zed used a pretty odd looking engine mount, looks like its almost solid - its a cylinder urethane suspension bushing wrapped in mild steel, very very little movement of the engine,

And of course the 1jz and 2jz turbo'd engines are alot easier to fit height wise because you dont have the intake crossing over the head, wish my f#cking intake didnt cross over the head Smile

By the end of tomorrow i should hopefully have some pics of my engine mounts completed in MDF - and if all goes well, touch wood, i should have the gearbox crossmember and engine mounts completed by the end of this week, early next week,

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Greddy full auto timer
Next Topic:ae86 aircon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:03:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010381937026978 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.