Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
86drift
Regular

October 2003
Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Thu, 19 May 2005 13:49 Go to next message
Just got myself a rear strut brace from japan- it has 3 holes on each end- ive pulled the back seat down-take off most of the side panels and cant for the life of me work out where they go

Ill take a few pics if needed though any tips on wtf rear strut braces generally go in the hachi would be apreciated
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Thu, 19 May 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It all starts with a large drill.
LAA.80E
Regular

April 2005
Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Fri, 20 May 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Laughing
kane
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Fri, 20 May 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here ya go

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10028 4

This will sort you out.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Fri, 20 May 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAA.80E wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 10:01

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Laughing

And you thought i was kidding. Rolling Eyes
86drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Fri, 20 May 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right you are dude..... damn Confused

definately wasnt expecting that-thought it would mount where the rear seat clips bolt up

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Sat, 21 May 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i came up with a brace that u can make in like 10 mins that bolts onto the rear seat clips and allows u to keep the back seat as well.....if ur interested i can send u a photo and measurements on how to make it....works a treat....and is good for some of us that like to actually own a car with some interior Rolling Eyes Wink

Cheers

Adam
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Sun, 22 May 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey arent these products a complete load of BS?

Bobski: can u do a pic I am curious if you did it the way I think u did. Did u feel a differece with it?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Sun, 22 May 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Sam, they arnt the most useful. But they do look pretty, and when you get given one for a 21st present they kinda expect you to put it on the car.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Trying to work out where rear strut brace attaches-AE86 Sun, 22 May 2005 15:32 Go to previous message
i cant do a pic as i dont have a digi cam....but its easy enough to explain....im pretty sure u guys have seen that a-spec brace someone made up b4....but it ment u had to remove the rear seat...my design is the same but instead of facing it foreward off the rear seat mounting brackets i faced it backward....which means u can still mount the seat clip things and everything looks standard at first glance...if it was carpeted that is and not painted bring orange that is Rolling Eyes

i used 6mm flatbar for the end plates and 20 or 30 mm dia tubing as the brace

it works pretty damn good but now my suspention needs work
its hard to tell with these sorts of things though but at least i know that the back doesent flex cos unlike some of those braces like the one that goes around the strut mount this one is connected to solid structual bits and not just sheet metal and in the end it cost me about $9 to make and its mainly used to hold my 5 pt harness on so for that price what can i say Very Happy

plus it looks cool Razz and makes me drift fully sick yo like takumi Laughing

thanx

Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What does PS mean
Next Topic:Rear main seal 3sgte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:55:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050098896026611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar