Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sideeways
Regular

March 2004
my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 06:16 Go to next message
hi guys, heres a pic of my trueno. nice meeting some of u at the recent meet. im in a dilema now. im not sure if i should spray my car white or leave it burnt *touch wood* as it is. what do ya guys think? if i spray it white, the front and rear bar will still be black. any suggestions? oh and im in melb, is there a good and reasonable priced panel beater u recommend? i dont mind sanding the car down :)myself Rolling Eyes

http://img272.echo.cx/my.php?image=picture0069ht.j pg

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 06:19]

Send a private message to this user    
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DT Panels in springvale... the place looks dodgy but i wouldn't take my car any other place

speak to vu... tell him shiri sent you Smiley =

p.s: don't go white... it's been done to death...
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet looking trueno mate
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW! Shocked
do it gloss black!- nothing beats it Surprised Wink Cool
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, its looks awesome the way it is i reckon with the white rims (hehehe, race style) but heres an idea, you could put some lacquer or finish over the black to shine it up (gloss) and do a panda scheme with silver paint or gold as the trims,, either way, looks sweet
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your car looks decent in that picture at the moment, if anything get the whole car done sprayed gloss black, otherwise dont bother It looks nice as it is. I'd like to hear and see more about this trueno.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with the others. Keep it black. If you want more bling just go gloss instead.

AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i was wondering who owned that matte black hachi.

i think i saw you around blackburn?

oh and KEEP IT MATTE BLACK FUKKIN TUFF AS

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:33]

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What eva u do dont paint it dark purple Razz haha as im running the same te37s as u are and wearing redlines, otherwise they would look like levin/trueno twins. Looks nice.

I dont suggest white and white wheels, doesnt look that good to me. Maybe bright orange or even a gunmetal grey/charcoal silver semi pandarized or even fully pandarized wouldnt look too bad!
sideeways
Regular

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo shiri, will i get a realllllly special price if i mention u? hehe thanks buddy! i know white is common but i like common and i reallly like white! o m g i love white OR black and since now im getting sick of this matt black thing, i think ill go white. dont know yet but most likely its gona be white Razz
sideeways
Regular

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm seems that u guys like gloss black hehe but i think if i were to leave it black it will be matt black..i wan whiteeeee dam it..so hard to make up my mind.. basically i want my car to look like this.
http://img99.echo.cx/my.php?image=whitetrueno19ij. jpg

all i need now is the front lip. so niceeeeeeeeeeeee oh by the way do u guys know whats the difference between this white car's sideskirts and mine?

nightdevil, eheh dont worry i wont paint it purple, im not really a fan of purple..no offence ur car is HOT! (nice wheels ehhe) its just not me to have a purple car or any other color besides matt black, black or white. Razz

AZAE86, u saw me in blackburn? hmm? i live in east so yea.. hehe say hi the next time u see me! what does urs look like? maybe ive seen u too?
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideeways wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 04:13

AZAE86, u saw me in blackburn? hmm? i live in east so yea.. hehe say hi the next time u see me! what does urs look like? maybe ive seen u too?

well i saw a matte black hachi with redlines on whitehorse road coming from box hill.

and i would be too ashamed to pull you over my hachi is off the road atm for heart transplant so i was in an xf ford :S
sideeways
Regular

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooooo ic ic yea thats prob me then..whats with this redlines thing? heheh nice meeting u! heart transplant? wanna share more details? Very Happy
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideeways wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 04:19

oooooo ic ic yea thats prob me then..whats with this redlines thing? heheh nice meeting u! heart transplant? wanna share more details? Very Happy

your tail lights are called redlines because of the...well you know...

and all will be revealed in good time Wink nothing crazy, just good old toyota NA power.

-edit and btw your sidesteps are JDM style where as that white one has bigger aftermarket ones i think.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 18:36]

sideeways
Regular

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i know what the redlines are but whys everyone so crazy over them? i got mine with the car so..yea..lucky me?
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah lucky i guess, they go for about $400 i think???

gah thats it im off to sleep -_-
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Fri, 20 May 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more like $500 Razz

the sideskirts on the white trueno look very similar to Origin, but aren't...

just head down to DT panels and speak to vu mate... he'll do you the best price he can... as i said i wouldn't take my car anywhere else and i'm rather anal about looks. he's on this forum... find his nick 'evilsub'

shiri
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sat, 21 May 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paint it a nice metalic gloss black, with a quality 2 pak clear on top and buff it hard core

i will personally gaurentee that it will look tough!
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sat, 21 May 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 14:30

.... buff it hard core

i will personally gaurentee that it will look tough!

/\Rofl! lol. Metallic black all the way man. But put a blue pearl through dark blue pearl through it. Mmmmmmmmm.
Thanks
Troy
TWN-CAM
Regular

December 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sun, 22 May 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leave it, looks tuff. needs some flares tho! did some1 say streeter
no car
Regular

September 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Mon, 23 May 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u considered limited black, the two tone wif black and silver?
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Tue, 24 May 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 16:31

p.s: don't go white... it's been done to death...

i still reckon do white, its not like people get sick of ferrari's being red.

besides that man thats a real nice lookin car, i dont even mine the matt black finish looks real drifta. id still like to see it white with black.
Sgt. Twin Cam
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Tue, 24 May 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gunmetal grey........would look very tidy i reckon.... Wink
AEBG
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Tue, 24 May 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi sidewayzeee,

i think ur car is absolutely PIPING HOT! panda green is pretty hot option if ure sick of being to common! just like the one for sale recently!

did u spray the car urself or at a panel shop? thinking of getting my dads lancer done in that colour too?

anyway cheers buddy! well done!! y does it seem all so familiar? Very Happy
sideeways
Regular

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Wed, 25 May 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks bocka! white rulesssssss hehehe i am in love with white! hmmm we shall see..
AEBG familiar cos..er..i wonder why..cant seem to get rid of ur smell from the car!!!!!!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Thu, 26 May 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like to see another gun metal grey
or titanium matalic ae86
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Thu, 26 May 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no car wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 21:58

have u considered limited black, the two tone wif black and silver?

personally i cant stand that paint job Confused
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Thu, 26 May 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I garantee, that if you leave it matt black, it will look tough. Just keep the pannels strait, and matt black looks good, with those clean wheels.
sideeways
Regular

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sat, 28 May 2005 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeaaa i agree with 86drft, im not really a fan of silver so yea. thouught of making it a matt black panda but..hmm shall see..
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sun, 29 May 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how bout reverse panda? ive always wondered wat itd look like...
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sun, 29 May 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forced_induction wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 10:08

how bout reverse panda? ive always wondered wat itd look like...

wow i just got that image in my head, i reckon it will look sweet!, I call shotgun on reverse panda for the brisbane area
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sat, 04 June 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone get a black and white panda trueno and invert the colours on photoshop.. i would but........................... Rolling Eyes
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sat, 04 June 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paint looks awesome as is.. i wouldnt change it, the white wheels make it look that 10 times better again too! nice work mate!
bradski
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Wed, 08 June 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i reckon you should just leave it black, maybe put a gloss over it, i reckon white is good but man nuthin beats black, plus its less work for ya, and ya could put some money into where it really counts and get performance rather then looks keep it a sleeper... cheers
GTZLevin
Regular

January 2005
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sun, 12 June 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as everyone else has said.. leave it matt black...or even paint it with blackboard paint so u can leave notes for yourself on the doors etc.. and put anything u want on it that can be washed off...... awesome sleeper ride....

has that big american ganster lowrider feel to it with the matt finish...

now just put in a 3sgte with 400hp and all the trimmings and you'll be set..
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Sun, 12 June 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want your paint Surprised
sideeways
Regular

March 2004
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Thu, 07 July 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this car is for sale Sad
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: my 86 + need ur opinionS Thu, 07 July 2005 20:46 Go to previous message
Sent you PM, just realised you were in Melb though, im in Syd. but yer, leave it to the 4 Sale thread Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Doobs' ST162 (Celica) (56k Beware)
Next Topic:Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Rooted Gen 2 3S-GE Lack of Power
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:06:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063638687133789 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.