Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Aftermarket ECU legalities Mon, 06 June 2005 11:50 Go to next message
Far as I know, they are illegal and also engineer's usually refuse to engineer them (in NSW).
Just curious if anyone has any input or loopholes, especially for NSW. The tightass state regarding autolaw. I even believe I heard thatthe reason why Australia is having problems standardising road laws is because NSW refuses to be slightly lenient to meet the other states.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Mon, 06 June 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are able to be registered in NSW, but they must be emission tested and they must be "locked" so no changes can be made.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Mon, 06 June 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive talked to afew engineers and they have no dramas with them aslong as they pass emissions
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Mon, 06 June 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 21:54

They are able to be registered in NSW, but they must be emission tested and they must be "locked" so no changes can be made.

how does this work when you can reprogram some factory ecu's???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Mon, 06 June 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Factory ECU's aren't by definition reprogrammable Wink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Mon, 06 June 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but some are so like allways the system is flaud
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Mon, 06 June 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 05:44

but some are so like allways the system is flaud

Look at the smiley dude, look at the smiley. By definition they aren't a reprogrammable ECU.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 21:54

so you buy your aftermarket ecu, set it up, and then you have to get it "locked" so changes can't be made"

well, isn't that peachy
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Factory ecus use wats known as closed loop. Hence they use the o2 sensor to alter the AF ratio to meet the standard for emmisions 14.7:1 which inturn allows the car to output correct CO2 and NOx gas emmisions to meet epa requirments, and yes manufaturers do test this before they bring a car out. Closed loop operates within varying throttle and rpm ranges. An aftermarket ecu does not allow for this function. Though here in victoria you can have a car pass emisions with an aftermarket computer, you a have to tune it to meet the appropriate ADR for the build year of the car (pre 6/76 does not need to meet shit all requirements and u can run a aftermarket ecu) Then you will have to have the car tested by the appropriate autorised testing facility, Ford, Holden, Toyota ect and there is one private firm called VIPAC who do emmision testing and they will provide you with all the certification to prove that the car is epa legal so you can prove to epa that the car is 100% emmision legal. Though this all comes at a price from memory i think Ford were last charging $2500 for the test and VIPAC about $1500. If your car fails the test first time you will have to pay the same amount again. So its really not a cheap excersize.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here in WA, they don't really give a rats about all this. In NSW, the emissions test is free.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe i might just have to pick up and move states, cause it seems victoria is absolutly GHEYYYYYY!!!!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, this is news to you? Razz

sorry man. I came from Victoria Very Happy
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure the emissions test in NSW is free?
And also I was under the impression Victoria was the best state to be in legalwise for performance cars. I heard u can have Evo3's and other imports there that are considered non-eligible for road rego in other states, and u can legally put like a 13bt or 20bt in a small car like an ae86 there.....
hmmmm
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 13:01

Sure the emissions test in NSW is free?
And also I was under the impression Victoria was the best state to be in legalwise for performance cars. I heard u can have Evo3's and other imports there that are considered non-eligible for road rego in other states, and u can legally put like a 13bt or 20bt in a small car like an ae86 there.....
hmmmm

This is what I've been told by a mate who is doing it. And as for legalities of modified cars, you'd probably find WA is the most lenient...exlcuding our draconian wheel laws.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RACWA does emmision testing for $55.

Look into RACV and others.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fattony wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 10:20

Factory ecus use wats known as closed loop. Hence they use the o2 sensor to alter the AF ratio to meet the standard for emmisions 14.7:1 which inturn allows the car to output correct CO2 and NOx gas emmisions to meet epa requirments, and yes manufaturers do test this before they bring a car out. Closed loop operates within varying throttle and rpm ranges. An aftermarket ecu does not allow for this function. Though here in victoria you can have a car pass emisions with an aftermarket computer, you a have to tune it to meet the appropriate ADR for the build year of the car (pre 6/76 does not need to meet shit all requirements and u can run a aftermarket ecu) Then you will have to have the car tested by the appropriate autorised testing facility, Ford, Holden, Toyota ect and there is one private firm called VIPAC who do emmision testing and they will provide you with all the certification to prove that the car is epa legal so you can prove to epa that the car is 100% emmision legal. Though this all comes at a price from memory i think Ford were last charging $2500 for the test and VIPAC about $1500. If your car fails the test first time you will have to pay the same amount again. So its really not a cheap excersize.

top of the line ecu's are able to run in closed loop i.e motech, autronic, ems
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even the bottom ones are beginning to do it now.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey: I might be sayin I COME FROM VICTORIA soon aswell.

no_tofu_speed: Sure you can put a 1uz in a ke30 here if you wish, but the problem is you still have to prove emission compliance with an aftermarket computer and that is $$$$ in this state.

Though i can speak for brands like motec as i have had no exprience with them, but i happen to have an ems in my car and i can tell you that they do not run closed loop. They do use a ego sensor, but this is used to tell you 1. air fuel ratios and 2. it has a function called autotune, this is the process by where you input your desired air fuel ratio on the dyno, run through your load and throttle points for the ecu and it automatically tunes the fuel maps to suit your desired air fuel ratio. This is done on the dyno and not on the street and it is a function only used to assist in the tunning of fuel maps. I know Autronic also uses this function also but i think the process of how it works is a little different to EMS, but as i dont have enough expirience with Autronic i cant comment if they have a facility to run closed loop (i.e adjust a/f ratios via reading output voltage of a ego sensor, convert that to a a/f reading and then tune the computers fuel output to run a desired a/f ratio which in most cases is 14.7:1, this process is done LIVE via the ecu while the car is driving to meet all different conditions) whereas other ecus have the ability to tune a desired A/F ratio using an ego sensor but once this tune is done once, its not able to be changed.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Modern factory ECU's generally only run in "closed loop" mode up to a certain throttle/rev range. Beyond that, the O2 sensor is just a reference, like the knock sensor, temp sensors etc. The best emissions output isn't able to be judged solely from the O2 sensor at higher loads - otherwise emissions labs would be ghost-towns !

As an example, the Gen III basically runs the injectors from a loop with the MAF sensor and O2 sensor, while the Ignition timing is more or less set to max, until the knock sensor picks up detonation. Get to around 40% throttle though, and it jumps to the maps set in memory. This is why aftermarket tuners can ditch the MAF sensor from the intake tract when they get up around 300kw, running the ECU in "speed-density" mode (like the 300kw GTS).
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fattony wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 20:54

Chris Davey: I might be sayin I COME FROM VICTORIA soon aswell.

no_tofu_speed: Sure you can put a 1uz in a ke30 here if you wish, but the problem is you still have to prove emission compliance with an aftermarket computer and that is $$$$ in this state.

Though i can speak for brands like motec as i have had no exprience with them, but i happen to have an ems in my car and i can tell you that they do not run closed loop. They do use a ego sensor, but this is used to tell you 1. air fuel ratios and 2. it has a function called autotune, this is the process by where you input your desired air fuel ratio on the dyno, run through your load and throttle points for the ecu and it automatically tunes the fuel maps to suit your desired air fuel ratio. This is done on the dyno and not on the street and it is a function only used to assist in the tunning of fuel maps. I know Autronic also uses this function also but i think the process of how it works is a little different to EMS, but as i dont have enough expirience with Autronic i cant comment if they have a facility to run closed loop (i.e adjust a/f ratios via reading output voltage of a ego sensor, convert that to a a/f reading and then tune the computers fuel output to run a desired a/f ratio which in most cases is 14.7:1, this process is done LIVE via the ecu while the car is driving to meet all different conditions) whereas other ecus have the ability to tune a desired A/F ratio using an ego sensor but once this tune is done once, its not able to be changed.

an ems stinger or ems 8860

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 11:44]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Factory ecus use wats known as closed loop. Hence they use the o2 sensor to alter the AF ratio to meet the standard for emmisions 14.7:1 which inturn allows the car to output correct CO2 and NOx gas emmisions to meet epa requirments, and yes manufaturers do test this before they bring a car out. Closed loop operates within varying throttle and rpm ranges. An aftermarket ecu does not allow for this function.
Pretty much everything stated there is false.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know some engineers ask for emissionstest een on a factory import engine with factory ecu

they used ot have a ruled

that the very first engine say an fj20 or sr20 into a datsun 1600 conversion that was done would be tested and if passed

then they would take these results and say that every other similar conversion with same engine and ecu will have same emissions so once one car was passed the rest would pass too without havin to go for a test

these days most cars no matter if the conversion has been done before will need an emissions test
the engineer says whether u need one or not
i dont know why but some do and some dont want one

there is alot of differences with one to another enginner
so if u shop around u might find a lenient one

it all depends what he wants to let go or not let go

the price of tuning a car with aftermarket ecu and then also in closed loop to pass an emissions test which is very strict would scare most people away from goin aftermarket if u had to do the emissions test

a 200 to 300 dollar dyno tune will probably not pass a proper emissions test

if u have seen a graph of an emissions test it has the limit of what it should be and then over the top a graph of what actual is and theres hi and low points when u accel and back off and even then it has to be spot on

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree i have also found that most engineers that i spoke to didnt require and emmissions test while a few did all required a noise test tho...

I know where ill be taking my car to get engineered
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Tue, 07 June 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto that. noise test required, no emissions test required.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte: Hehe i wouldnt touch a stinger, not enough available outputs ect

RWDboy: can you tell me why pretty much everything in my statement is false.
Here is 2 quotes from Autospeed, author Julian Edgar which i think supports my statement.

"Oxygen sensors are used by the engine management system for feedback – the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) uses the signal to keep mixtures around what’s called ‘stoichiometric’, or an air/fuel ratio of about 14.7:1. From the designers’ point of view this is a desirable air/fuel ratio because the cat converter works best at this ratio, so emissions are able to be kept low."

"In most cars, the oxygen sensor is used in a closed loop process to maintain an air/fuel ratio of about 14.7:1 ("stoichiometric") during idle, light load and cruise conditions. In this way, emissions are reduced and the catalytic converter works most effectively"

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 03:19]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fattony wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 10:31

4agte: Hehe i wouldnt touch a stinger, not enough available outputs ect

RWDboy: can you tell me why pretty much everything in my statement is false

im going with the big dady 8860 but from what i understand the additional anologue imputs about 7 or 9 of them you can use lambada sensors exhaust temp sensors air temp sensors and you can reference these to alter the boost and ignition fuel etc in real time but thats just me i could be talking out of my ass
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh all these sensors you list can influence a aux output and input (such as misfring in exhaust for turbo rally and drag cars for quicker spool or anti-lag) and also on aux outputs to control a number of devices and the fact that it has a few outputs to use makes it a great system but the only auxiliries that effect fuel and ignition is the inputs and they control anti lag ect, which arnt not much to do with closed loop, they will make a car more emission illegal if anything lol. Fuel and ignition trim is also altered in these modes but it still misfires the car and makes it run rich. Imagine if the local law saw a car misfiring like a rally car when you down change lol.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fattony wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 13:16

Yeh all these sensors you list can influence a aux output and input (such as misfring in exhaust for turbo rally and drag cars for quicker spool or anti-lag) and also on aux outputs to control a number of devices and the fact that it has a few outputs to use makes it a great system but the only auxiliries that effect fuel and ignition is the inputs and they control anti lag ect, which arnt not much to do with closed loop, they will make a car more emission illegal if anything lol. Fuel and ignition trim is also altered in these modes but it still misfires the car and makes it run rich. Imagine if the local law saw a car misfiring like a rally car when you down change lol.

anybody else here have an opinion on what i said above???
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engineer's

Whats that? Laughing

My car was never done and i never had any problems with anyone Rolling Eyes
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in nsw dude

ring the rta help line - they will give u the number for the emissions testing centre in penrith

as for closed loop - you will find most GOOD aftermarket ecu's these days have a capability for closed loop with use of a 02 sensor - ie. microtech, haltech, etc

even megasquirt have closed loop capabilities

as for engineering - the way the computer is "locked" as someone quoted rather loosely, is by removing the handset - as long as the fuel and ignition values are predetermined without a handset showing\ available to driver\passenger to alter values

the purpose of having this as a prerequisite to passing an aftermaket computer is so that ppl cannot amend any values once an engineer has passed a car based on emissions testing for a given setting - obviously if they are altered (ie more fuel or richer mixtures or timing etc) then the emissions values will change and if taken to an EPA or emissions testing centre for defect purposes, then the engineer's name is at risk for passing a car with shitty emissions

the other reason is that if a car has been provided with a standard ECU that CAN be remapped somehow, then no other computer can be engineered unless the car is engineered as an ICV (individually constructed vehicle - READ: BIG BIG money) - this also comes down to emissions and safety

so basically, if ur putting a 3sge in for instance, then you need to run the 3sge computer (from australian spec celica or mr2) to control the motor, but if ur turboing say a 4afe which never came out released with forced induction in australia, then you MAY be permitted to use an aftermarket ecu - i stress MAY. Same goes for motors not released in australia either - for eg. the 2jzgte or 4agze maybe

how do i know this - im going through the hassles now of engineering my 2.8 litre turbo gemini
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 14:43

Engineer's

Whats that? Laughing

sorry to say mate but u dont know what sort of risk ur running

the government has to (by the rights conferred in the constitution) setup an independent funding scheme that covers Australian citizens in the event that a life is lost or someone is severely or even remotely injured. this is called the nominal defendant trust fund

now let me explain it like this, when litlle barry with his illegally modified turbo rolla takes off wheelspinning from harry's pies, and an old, drunk bloke is crossing the road near the pub where the pedestrian crossing is, and barry doesnt see the red light cos he's too busy double clutching, and hits the man crossing the road, police come

now when police come, they call the ambulance for the old man

then they make a report - it is found that it was barry's fault.

Now everything is cool cos he will get fined and probably do a bit of time for neg driving or whatever but point of the matter is, it comes down to who will pay the old guy's medical bills and compensation.

now obviously barry has CTP green slip - which is to cover him for things like this occurring

but the insurance company, seeing how much of a punk barry is, is gonna look for things to prove against barry to disclaim liability for paying the compo to the old guy barry hit.

so the first thing they do is try to pin it against him for neg driving - now under the laws unless he intended to deliberately hit the old guy with the knowledge that he will die or get injured, then they cant pin him for this - so they fail on that cos its proven that he didnt have that inention.

so what now, ok , "looks like barry has an exhaust on the back of his car" says the insurance inspector, lets look for other mods done, cos surely barry wouldnt be fully sik if he had just the exhaust on its own

so he opens up the bonnet and see's mr garret smiling at him, and sir turbonetics having a cigarette with mr enforcer, so he asks them for more info, and they do the runner

so looknig for more answers, the insurance inspector finds that this is registered as a n/a 1.6l 4ac1 carby - uh oh

so now the insurance company has reason to show why barry is not covered by his CTP green slip anymore, referring to clause such and such which stipulates that the cover is conditional upon the car remaining in a compliant state with the pink slip and any other applicable motor vehicle laws - and they bring mr garrett and sir turbonetics to court as witnesses against this

so now, the plaintiff (old guy), has sued the insurance co, the insurance co has counter claimed against barry, and the judge will call for a new hearing for barry and the old guy - so barry has no money or assets cos all his money has gone on the rolla - so the shifty solicitor calls for the nominal defendant to be used as his client is broke

so u know what that means, johnny howard and pete costello will now draw a bank cheque from the RBA In favour of Barry to the value of 1.5 million dollars, all thanks to barry

Cheers barry!! - youve just f^&%ed it for everyone else

so you see why they dont want little hoons driving uncomplianced cars?? - if cars were engineered or legal in some way, insurance companies cant get out of paying, which is a win win for the government cos they dont have to pay out of their pocket, and they will collect more tax from the insurance co due to its continued standing

so this is where law makers intervene and make all these laws against modifying - cos the government sure does not like forking out money from its own pocket for little barry's and the like

also, this ruins a driver's life - YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THIS PREDICAMENT !! DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE SAVING OF WHAT - 500 DOLLARS TO A GRAND WORTH OF COMPLIANCE ISSUES !!!

make sense??
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trd3sg wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 14:58

fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 14:43

Engineer's

Whats that? Laughing

sorry to say mate but u dont know what sort of risk ur running

the government has to (by the rights conferred in the constitution) setup an independent funding scheme that covers Australian citizens in the event that a life is lost or someone is severely or even remotely injured. this is called the nominal defendant trust fund

now let me explain it like this, when litlle barry with his illegally modified turbo rolla takes off wheelspinning from harry's pies, and an old, drunk bloke is crossing the road near the pub where the pedestrian crossing is, and barry doesnt see the red light cos he's too busy double clutching, and hits the man crossing the road, police come

now when police come, they call the ambulance for the old man

then they make a report - it is found that it was barry's fault.

Now everything is cool cos he will get fined and probably do a bit of time for neg driving or whatever but point of the matter is, it comes down to who will pay the old guy's medical bills and compensation.

now obviously barry has CTP green slip - which is to cover him for things like this occurring

but the insurance company, seeing how much of a punk barry is, is gonna look for things to prove against barry to disclaim liability for paying the compo to the old guy barry hit.

so the first thing they do is try to pin it against him for neg driving - now under the laws unless he intended to deliberately hit the old guy with the knowledge that he will die or get injured, then they cant pin him for this - so they fail on that cos its proven that he didnt have that inention.

so what now, ok , "looks like barry has an exhaust on the back of his car" says the insurance inspector, lets look for other mods done, cos surely barry wouldnt be fully sik if he had just the exhaust on its own

so he opens up the bonnet and see's mr garret smiling at him, and sir turbonetics having a cigarette with mr enforcer, so he asks them for more info, and they do the runner

so looknig for more answers, the insurance inspector finds that this is registered as a n/a 1.6l 4ac1 carby - uh oh

so now the insurance company has reason to show why barry is not covered by his CTP green slip anymore, referring to clause such and such which stipulates that the cover is conditional upon the car remaining in a compliant state with the pink slip and any other applicable motor vehicle laws - and they bring mr garrett and sir turbonetics to court as witnesses against this

so now, the plaintiff (old guy), has sued the insurance co, the insurance co has counter claimed against barry, and the judge will call for a new hearing for barry and the old guy - so barry has no money or assets cos all his money has gone on the rolla - so the shifty solicitor calls for the nominal defendant to be used as his client is broke

so u know what that means, johnny howard and pete costello will now draw a bank cheque from the RBA In favour of Barry to the value of 1.5 million dollars, all thanks to barry

Cheers barry!! - youve just f^&%ed it for everyone else

so you see why they dont want little hoons driving uncomplianced cars?? - if cars were engineered or legal in some way, insurance companies cant get out of paying, which is a win win for the government cos they dont have to pay out of their pocket, and they will collect more tax from the insurance co due to its continued standing

so this is where law makers intervene and make all these laws against modifying - cos the government sure does not like forking out money from its own pocket for little barry's and the like

also, this ruins a driver's life - YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THIS PREDICAMENT !! DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE SAVING OF WHAT - 500 DOLLARS TO A GRAND WORTH OF COMPLIANCE ISSUES !!!

make sense??

Well, lucky i dont have that car anymore ay Laughing

I do actually understand the legalities behind having a car engineered, i just never got the chance to do mine before the car was destroyed.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 05:22]

trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair nuff

its just not fair mate to mislead ppl on engineering

i bet most ppl dont even know about the above

sorry to have been rude if i was
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt that senario would arrise often there and all you have to do is make sure you dont own any assets have the car regisered to the company and when he sews you declare yourself bankrupt problem solved Laughing Laughing Laughing
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice story, what time's the next one? Haha nah totally agree there, however its more of a do as i say not as i do issue with me, hopefully ill be all good by the end of the year when i update my engineers certificate. One thing that may help you out with your original question that i've just found out when consulting my engineer, is that here (in canberra) i dunno about where you are, but i have to enclose my Microtech LTX-8 in a plain plastic sealed box so that it will pass rego... i was like wtf??? Apparently because the microtech says "not for street use" and (im assuming) because of the before mentioned issues with them, it needs to be covered so that when it goes over the pits they cant see it and therefore makes one more thing on my car "legal" as such. Go Figure

André Ribeiro
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 18:05

i doubt that senario would arrise often there and all you have to do is make sure you dont own any assets have the car regisered to the company and when he sews you declare yourself bankrupt problem solved Laughing Laughing Laughing

actually under s192 of corporations act 2001 a director can be held personally accountable for any actions he\she deliberately did that caused a loss to the company

and i think s 185 gives criminal sanctions for deliberately doing this to defraud

as for remainder of comments - im just trying to get ppl to wake up and see why compliance is important - i mean this is only my second day on this site and its great - but cos of the volume coming through, a lot of ppl dont read the right shit and its gonna create misconceptions - anyway - im gonna try stay compliant as much as possible - i definitely dont want more hassles than what i already do get man

BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a 1.8 turbo running in my what was a 1.6 turbo 323. i had to run an aftermarket ems (microtech) they had no worries with it at all. i got it registerd no worries even with out engineering
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After hearing all the shit every1 else gets away with in other states im really starting to think the slogan should be on vitorian plates is "Victoria-own a modified vehicle and you better be prepared to bend over and take it from behind" pitty that doesn't fit though
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Aftermarket ECU legalities Wed, 08 June 2005 09:26 Go to previous message
trd3sg wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 18:41

4agte wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 18:05

actually under s192 of corporations act 2001 a director can be held personally accountable for any actions he\she deliberately did that caused a loss to the company

and i think s 185 gives criminal sanctions for deliberately doing this to defraud

as for remainder of comments - im just trying to get ppl to wake up and see why compliance is important - i mean this is only my second day on this site and its great - but cos of the volume coming through, a lot of ppl dont read the right shit and its gonna create misconceptions - anyway - im gonna try stay compliant as much as possible - i definitely dont want more hassles than what i already do get man

i think you are starting to take this all a little toooo seriously and for your first point to work you would have to suggest that your turbo corrolla man intended to hit the man diliberatly. I dont see how the company is going to be affected by this other than the fact that the director is bankrupt as they would sue the driver not the company as the driver is responsible for the accident not the company.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:if your in prison for 20 years this what you could do to 4ag
Next Topic:Need help finding 1GGTE Corona website.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:39:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096027851104736 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.