Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Fri, 24 June 2005 14:03 Go to next message
This is not mine, but im just doing a community service for anyone interested :

Specifications:
Car Model: Toyota Caldina GT-T ST215W (1998 - 1999)
Engine Model Code: 3S-GTE
Power: 260ps/191kW @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 324Nm @ 4400 rpm

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?produ cts_id=748

Cheers.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 14:15]

Send a private message to this user    
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Fri, 24 June 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have they stil got it?
I checked it out about 2 months ago.

I reckon its overpriced though.
I can understand an ST205 Celica GT4 half cut being expensive because they were rare in Japan too, but the Caldina is all over the place, so there's no issue with supply.
Only problem is with people like this who are trying to cash in.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Fri, 24 June 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but they have a lot of extras;
In addition, the front cut also includes: front brake discs, front brake callipers, brake booster, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, engine mounts, steering arms, power steering rack, steering column, pedals, radiator, oil cooler, intercooler, thermofans, air-conditioning system.

I know which model il be looking for when it comes to a engine conversion Smile, and you say they are common even better.

I bet you can take them down in price maybe $3500 if not less.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Fri, 24 June 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried the logic I just wrote on them, but it didn't work.
I know I could get a Caldina turbo halfcut for about NZ$3000.
Just becomes a bugger shipping that over here.

& I'd be expecting all of that on a halfcut (actually I'd expect the gearbox to be included too)

We just need for more importers to know these cars are out there & to start bringing them in. The biggest problem is that the panels are useless.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Fri, 24 June 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 00:43

I tried the logic I just wrote on them, but it didn't work.
I know I could get a Caldina turbo halfcut for about NZ$3000.
Just becomes a bugger shipping that over here.

We just need for more importers to know these cars are out there & to start bringing them in. The biggest problem is that the panels are useless.

There not useless for you lol, i was thinking about getting a engine from NZ later on, so ur saying you have found one from NZ?.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Fri, 24 June 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that place is always overpriced tho.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Fri, 24 June 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was looking at doing the 3S transplant to my car, the Caldina was the only car I could legal get the engine from due to it being built in 96 unless I could find a GT4 halfcut from the last 3 months of production.

There is a wrecker over the who consistently gets Caldina GTT's in for wrecking.
They were the only one who replied to an internet enquiry from overseas, who I've used them ever since. Prices are pretty reasonable too.

http://www.toyotaparts.co.nz/

I was thinking of going over there & going to the yard & stripping the parts I needed out of a car.
Mainly to make any shipping item smaller & lighter.

Personally, my suggestion would be to approach an importer & tell them that you want a halfcut from a Caldina. Tell them they can get a damaged one (front left or front right) as they are a lot cheaper to buy.
Also doesn't matter if the brakes & suspension are damaged as the suspension won't fit your camry, & the brakes are the same as the ST185/ST165 GT4's (ie 2 spot)
I doubt you're going to do a 4wd transplant, so they could even get an auto (only about 5% of Caldinas built are manual)
I even doubt the radiator would fit.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Sat, 25 June 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it true you cant get a st215 1999 caldina engine engineered into a 1992 car?, but i could get a 1991 st185 3sgte engineered?.

Thanks Steve, thats a great site Cool .

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 07:17]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Sat, 25 June 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RTA want an engine the same age as newer so that it at least meets the same emision controls. You could get a slightly older engine IF you could prove that it meets the emissions controls of the year your car was made.
Its very difficult to do, so its easier simply to get an engine newer than your car.
toy.car
Regular

January 2003
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Sat, 25 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i have to say that is over priced. there are places now that can order cuts in for $1000. $1500. LESS. and thats sent to where ever you want it sent. ST205 GT4 half cut is the way to go. BIG BRAKES on all of the ST205 celica made 1994 till 1999 and they are not hard to find. oh the intercooler is better, all the parts will fit in the st185 engine bay as the st185 and st205 the same floor (engine) plan. So it abolt up job. the st205 is far more raceie that the others. so save the money for mods.

but if you spent the money on engine build turbo upgrade you get more BANG for your buck. why spend $3000.00 to $4000.00 on a standed motor when you could mod the one thats there in the car. Put some cams in the st185. the mod list is endless. As for non turbo cars there other thing you can do. why not put 4 throtel bodies on it. the motor will sound like it wants to eat anything that gets in the way. or put a garret on it they are so cheap now.

i have owned both st185 and st205 the only parts i put on the st185 was the brakes and the gear box then i sold the st205. the st165, st185, st205 and MR2 turbo all have one and the same engine block.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 23:34]

turbocaldina
Regular

July 2004
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Sun, 26 June 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct if im wrong but doesnt the 205 have a better block as its colling is way better? and i agree that the front cut is way over priced and for that money the gearbox should at least be included
toy.car
Regular

January 2003
Re: Caldina ST215 3SGTE Half cut Sun, 26 June 2005 08:12 Go to previous message
the block is the same head has changed on the st205. this is over priced $4000.00 NO gear box, watz the bet you cant by engine with out the other because its in the half cut. so it will cost you more for the gear box. then more for then to ship it to you.

keep the money mod the motor that you have. MORE BANG for you BUCKS.

my st185 kicked my st205 ass after i upgraded air, fuel, and exhaust 3" into 4" but i didnt stop there...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AG bigport cams
Next Topic:FS 7M and 1J engines
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 11:57:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053520202636719 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.