Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon5.gif  Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 03:47 Go to next message
Hey all!
Went to repco today to grab some new plugs for the MZ20... so they are telling me that the standard NGK ones are platinum - bout $19 a pop. Just a query, what plugs are other 7mgte users running and where do they get them from? im not really in the mood to spend $120 on plugs Razz
Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeap. I got NGK platinums for my 7mgte. $80 bucks though Razz . Why don't you try a Toyota spare parts joint? They might end up cheaper for once.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i just got bent over for irridiums as well.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask ed, he got me some standard ngk's and they been perfect so far (over a year now)

They came from nissan and came in nissan/ngk boxes, spose i could take one out and give you the code.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got some too (i havent put them in yet though.. theyre sitting in my glovebox waiting for my MSD leads to arrive from the US..)

apparently the platinums are better than the iridiums.. heard a lot of stuff about iridiums not being all theyre cracked up to be and the platinums being bulletproof..
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 16:54

ive got some too (i havent put them in yet though.. theyre sitting in my glovebox waiting for my MSD leads to arrive from the US..)

apparently the platinums are better than the iridiums.. heard a lot of stuff about iridiums not being all theyre cracked up to be and the platinums being bulletproof..

I guess we will see once it's tuned.
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, ok no worries. Apparently the platinum ones last for frickin ages, so thats why they are so pricey. Dunno what the difference is really, i just dont wanna pay so much money Wink
Dingaling > If you could get me the codes of them that would be great, have you had any probs with them?? Other than that, looks like its off to repco for some platinums.... goody.
tim123c
Regular

May 2003
Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sat, 02 July 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate i work for a parts place.
The NGK platinums are supposed to give a better spark and last 100,000kms. My customers always freak at the price as well, so i give them an alternate standard NGK plug.
For Eg.
Even the 100kw corolla motor specifies platinums.
(my old motor)
It specs BKR6EP plugs to be used, and i had no reason myself to use them so i used BKR6EY (has a "Y" grooved electrode rather than the Platinum one)
I prefer to pay $3 a plug and change them more often than pying $20 for the others and having to clean them all the time.

Basically just replace the P on the end with a Y in most cases

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2005 09:15]

MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon6.gif  Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sun, 03 July 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, i got the shits and bit the bullet, just bought the platinum ones. The bloke at Carbitz gave them to be for $13 a pop, so it was alright. Cheers for the feedback all!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Plugs for 7mgte Sun, 03 July 2005 12:59 Go to previous message
i bought some double platinum plugs for my 7mge, they cost about 19/ plug...but they make a fucken huge difference in go power!

The 7mgte plugs have a smaller gap than the non turbo ones.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:probs with gt4
Next Topic:Transmission Conversion HELP!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 22:46:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049281120300293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.