Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » auto to manual conversion tips...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:14 Go to next message
Hey guys,
This weekend I'm doing a conversion from auto to manual and just wondered if any of you have done this before and perhaps run into problems. What were they and how can I make sure I don't screw up. I've got all the parts (I think) - man. tailshaft, gbox, spiggot bearing, crossmember, clutch assembly. Someone told me I may need an alignment tool or an old gbox shaft to line clutch up properly. What are your thoughts? Thanks heaps!
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car?

Quote:

Someone told me I may need an alignment tool or an old gbox shaft to line clutch up properly

The clutch aligning tool is cheap and available from spare parts store, but I have seen many people use other methods to line the friction plate up Wink

Sounds like you have the parts fairly sorted, are you just planning to fit the pedal assembley from a manual version of your model of car?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 04:19]

shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'75 Ta22 yeah - Looks like all the brackets and holes are there.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a read
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/gbox_conv_1.h tml
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice, the TA22 conversion will be very straight forward. Just remember to sort out the start cut for the auto i.e. the auto will be wired not to start in drive etc, so when you remove your auto you normally just bridge this, or turn it into a stealthy kill switch.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've done this plenty of times. Its as easy as pie so dont stress.
You dont need a clutch aligning tool as you an line it up easily my eye. Just remember to wire up your reverse lights and the start enable.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting crUZsida!! Thanks for that link.

I'll print that out and keep it handy for when I've compiled all the pieces for my manual conversion on the soarer.

edit: just flipped through your guide, you make it sound like you could do the entire thing in a few hours if you didn't have to go and get your driveshaft lengthened!!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 04:44]

shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: auto to manual conversion tips... Thu, 14 July 2005 04:39 Go to previous message
cool - My worries are gone. I think I'll have to set up a kill switch now as I'm not trusting the standard locks after I'm pouring all my money into it. Thanks guys.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:whats required 4agze in ke20?
Next Topic:URGENT, advice needed ASAP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:23:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053269863128662 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.