Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3T GTE, how many KW's??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
icon7.gif  3T GTE, how many KW's?? Thu, 12 December 2002 12:06 Go to next message
Hi all,
I have a 3T GTE in my TA22 Celica. The engine should put out 160hp in standard form.
What HP or KW readings are people getting at the wheels in standard form? (at 7psi boost)

Also, has anyone got a standard CT20 thats boosted up (say 10 to 14psi) and how much of a power gain can be achieved?

Simon
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 3T GTE, how many KW's?? Fri, 13 December 2002 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently put a standard 3TGTE in a TA22, with W55 supra 5 speed and standard (for now) diff. With standard (7.5psi) boost it pulled 115hp at the wheels. Max torque was at 5850rpm, exhaust was at it's smallest: 2" press bent system
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T GTE, how many KW's?? Fri, 13 December 2002 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi clint, what turbos did you say you had for sale again, and which setup gave the best performance boost? i'm also thinking of boosting the CT20 to around 12psi until I get the cash for a decent turbo, no idea what I would upgrade to yet.
thanks
rob
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 3T GTE, how many KW's?? Sun, 15 December 2002 02:58 Go to previous message
The CT20 turbo's are pretty old in their design. Personally I wouldn't send one past 10 - 11psi, as every Ct20 I've ever seen always leaks oil past their carbon seal and results in mega oil smoke on lift off. Added to that, standard 3TGTE pistons aren't much chop past 10psi anyway!
I recently sold my four into one T28 setup that I built for my 3T, all I have left at the moment is a T25 to suit recon (also needs a new axle), a fully recond T28 (I wound up with two of them in the end), and a new manifold I've been building.
The new manifold is a four into two into one setup and at the moment I've yet to put a turbo flange on it, I could put anything on. Am heading towards a T3 flange as I want the wank factor when I try to sell the car (personally I think it will perform better with the T28, but people have a bigger is better mentallity!). Again, it has been constructed out of thick wall steam pipe bends so it will outlast the cheap exhaust pipe crap.
If you're interested in the manifold, turbo's, want some info on a new manifold let me know?! So the moral of the story is don't push a standard pistoned 3TGTE past ten psi (or be prepared to tell war stories like everyone else), forget about using the CT20 in any performance application, and think about how you want the power delivered to your driveline - the more power the bigger the turbo - but be careful it will also increase the lag, and I'l be half way down the road or round the track with my T28 before you get decent boost!!!
Clint!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lag in the 22RE
Next Topic:Removal of rear tint
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:52:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043518543243408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.