Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 12:13 Go to next message
This is something a little different.

I'm building a 2JZ-GTE for something that as far as we know has never had this type of engine used for before. Sorry, can't say at this stage what it is!

Anyway, this engine will be built to produce between 600 to 800hp depending on the situation at the time. I can get this power figure, I'm not worried about that. What I don't know is how reliable it will be in a situation where it would be under full load, full throttle at around 150kph for 20kms at a time during competition for up to and over one hour.

Does any one have any accurate(not just opinions) info or know a source of info on these engines about specifics on building them strong. Any info on getting power out of them is welcome also.

A few things on this though. Very little on this engine is remaining stock, inside and out. I'm after specific info on any known weaknesses etc, not fundamental things like building it with forged pistons. There are no restrictions on this engine for hardware, software or fuel other than it must remain around 3000cc to be eligable for the class it is being used in.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Geoff

Note: Don't ask what the engine is for cause I won't tell. At least not yet. Feel free to have a guess though!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh wow, you're so special Razz

if nothing is staying standard, why the quesion?

if byuilding this type of motor, you should know that rpm is inversely proportional to component life, but you will already have chosen rods and corectly sized rod bolts to suit.

your only concern is in block and head strength, and in the durability of the crank. as you know for the crank, this will be determined by the alignment in the block (ie magnitude of rotational fatigue loading) and balance. possibly head bolt stretch at the power you are talking about may be a concern.

basically, all you really need to worry about (since you are getting better hardware) is cooling.. as long as you choose the right bits of metal to stay together, and it is tuned corectly, and your rpm is sufficiently low to delay the onset of faitgue failure to after the end of each race Wink, then the only operational issue is reducing the heat in the block and head, and keeping the oil functional.... dry sump may be a good idea just from an oil cooling point of view

i am assuming that yu will have a steady supply of cold water for cooling and will also have space for a significant oil tank in the ski boat/offshore boat? should be easy.
Cya, Stewart
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GefGef wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 22:13

full throttle at around 150kph for 20kms at a time during competition for up to and over one hour.

GefGef wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 22:13

Note: Don't ask what the engine is for cause I won't tell.

Yeah, real hard to guess that one. Razz
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pfft, boat. He might be building a generator to, uhmmm, assist him in his horticultural activities for all you know. He might even be a she. You just never know Razz
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 22:48

No I'm not special and that really isn't necessary is it?!

Serious question. Does anyone know specifically any known weaknesses of these engines? I'm not talking general fundamental things like pistons, rods etc...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Generator at 150km/h? Hmmm...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supraforums.com is the place to go for serious 2JZ tech discussion. Plenty of people there have pushed the engine to (and beyond) its limits. You'll find most people around here don't have that sort of budget (although I wish I did).
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's quite a good idea, a generator at 150km/h.

What weaknesses are you LOOKING for?
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 23:22

Hopefully none. I don't know. That's why I'm asking questions.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GefGef wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 23:18

oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 22:48

No I'm not special and that really isn't necessary is it?!

Serious question. Does anyone know specifically any known weaknesses of these engines? I'm not talking general fundamental things like pistons, rods etc...

sorry, was just taking the piss (lightheartedly) regarding your last comments Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink no offence intended Razz

stoopid smilies Wink Cool
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GefGef wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 23:33

HyDrA wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 23:22

Hopefully none. I don't know. That's why I'm asking questions.

well.. what stock parts are left? block, head..... anything else? thoe two items sem ot be well proven in service, as long as you keep temps under control, and you should easily do that with the amount of cooling water available, and speeds...

also since you are running flat chat most of the time, you can probably get away with a bigger turbo, and kep it more in efficiency region, producing less heat as well...

are you using water to air IC? how much water can you pick up without afecting the ... hydrodynamics?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chat to Dave Warby (loosecannon) on here, hes got a 2JZ powered hydro.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its 1jz isnt it?
go all out and do what ken warbys got Cool
that thingas is so mad in the water
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like any race engine for a boat it will need dry sumping,forgies,h-beams etc. there are no problems with them. for a boat i would go 7-1 comp ratio and 35 psi boost or so and get the cams to work at 5000 rpm. will last alot longer. use the torque and dont rev it to high,as its under constant load. use a 70 weight oil and a pre heater on the dry sump tank.change oil every race, and make sure you setup a very good cooling system. the 1j has been used in boats a few times. still going to be a job and a half keeping up with the front running sb2.2 chev's.
id be looking at putting oil sqirters on the valve springs as they are going to get hot, depending on the seat pressure.
mick
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time i visited he had a 2JZ-GE in his hydo, was a little while ago now tho.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Wed, 27 July 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is dave warby he in tamworth?lol ive just moved so tamworth a bit new!one of the race guys told me the warby's are from here?
mick
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO WEAKNESS! 2J IS TEH KING!

Very Happy

I hope this helps you out in your investigation

Dan
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just dump 15 grand into it and overnight parts from japan if you need to and it will decimate all

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunty wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 10:27

just dump 15 grand into it and overnight parts from japan if you need to and it will decimate all

you just reminded me of that ffast and the furious comic

WHERE'S THE TURBO?!

I DUNNO, I THINK ITS INSIDE THESE JAPANESE ENGINES. NO WORRIES, I CAN GET A KIT OVERNIGHT FROM JAPAN.

I can't... I have that...

Stupid Ricer?

Yeah, that.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOO-JAY-ZED NO SHIT!

They are tough engines... heaps of people are making big HP even with the stock bottomend. Clean up the head (casting daggies?) and better cams for your situation. All the usual stuff.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What on earth is a TOO-JAY-ZED Confused...

everything I know came from fast and the furious, 'cos it is king, so you must be talking about a ...

"TOO-JAY-ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" ; Wink

But seriously, keep a tab on the revs, 'cos at that kind of endurance level, the valve train and oiling will be limitations. I wouldn't worry about the integrity of the block (in the short term).
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the 2jz-gte is the greatest inline 6 ever built. Probably the greatest 6 cylinder ever built. I'm judging it on not only power output, but reliablity engineered into it from those superior japs.

No weaknesses/design fualts have really surfaced that i know of with these engines, maybe the sequentional turbo setup is the only fualt i've read with these engines, otherwise toyota made this engine close to perfect IMHO.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 11:33

I think the 2jz-gte is the greatest inline 6 ever built. Probably the greatest 6 cylinder ever built. I'm judging it on not only power output, but reliablity engineered into it from those superior japs.

No weaknesses/design fualts have really surfaced that i know of with these engines, maybe the sequentional turbo setup is the only fualt i've read with these engines, otherwise toyota made this engine close to perfect IMHO.

*Cough BMW M3 3.2l inline, Porsche 911 GT3 3.6 Flat six, any TVR motor cough*, i wouldn't sprout praise too prematurely there are plenty of marvellous inline sixes in the world.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's wrong with the sequential turbo setup? I thought that was a good thing?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"*Cough BMW M3 3.2l inline, Porsche 911 GT3 3.6 Flat six, any TVR motor cough*, i wouldn't sprout praise too prematurely there are plenty of marvellous inline sixes in the world."

Sure they are good too, but i think the 2jz-gte is better, the germans used to be the best with engineering but i don't think they are anymore, they can still produce some sweet expensive cars. But there reliabilty has gone down the drain. And like i said i wasn't judging the 2jz-gte just on power but also reliabilty.
The japanese in my opinion are making the most reliably cars these days(for last 20 years really), and i'm not surprised, They have a strong mechanical and electronics industry.

Heck i have a toyota sewing machine for the early 1900's that is still operating perfectly. (all mechanical, must take a video of it in action)

"What's wrong with the sequential turbo setup? I thought that was a good thing?"

Yeah it's a great system, all i was pointing out tho is that if there is a weakness/design fualt with the 2jz-gte, the sequentional setup is about the only thing i've ever read about going wrong with them(common?), something to do with a valve. Not much to bag a 2jz-gte out with, compared to the 1jz-gte turbo's or 7m headgaskets.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peh...

Tell me if someone gave you the option of having a toyota 2jz over a m3 motor that you'd have the toyota..

I'm a toyota fan and all, but seriously, you'd have to have mental issues if you had the 2j.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porsche motors lmao "over engineered piece of crap" quote from race engine builder that does gt3's for racing.laughed my guts out when he said it. lets not get into the suspension geometry!
bmw make nice 6's and 8's but not worth the money they charge for them. and tvr poms arnt know for there engines,that said they made some mean planes in WWll{must have been an aussie designer}.
lol
mick
p.s please dont talk about gay, fast and the frivolous,it makes me cringe,what a load of horse shit those couple of movies are.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure i'd take the M3 motor, sell it buy a 2jz-gte work it and still have a nice chunk of $$ left over to pocket.

And the poor bastard that buys the shizer m3 motor will be selling his house to replace the worn rings, or whatever eventually breaks.

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 11:43

*Cough BMW M3 3.2l inline, Porsche 911 GT3 3.6 Flat six, any TVR motor cough*, i wouldn't sprout praise too prematurely there are plenty of marvellous inline sixes in the world.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... The GT3 Flat six is not an inline six. But they sound evil Evil or Very Mad ! My boss still hasn't let me drive his carrera... Sad

But you can't possibly compare these engines. On the topic of the post, who the f**k would put a BMW M3 engine on a boat?? The BMW, porsche and TVR are focused engines, effective in their respective fields, compared to the ever reliable toyota engine, with it's vast hp potential.

As I see it, they have completely different purposes, and each does what they do extremely well.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^a guy has two lambo motors on a boat !
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 18:22

Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 11:43

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... The GT3 Flat six is not an inline six. But they sound evil Evil or Very Mad ! My boss still hasn't let me drive his carrera... Sad

But you can't possibly compare these engines. On the topic of the post, who the f**k would put a BMW M3 engine on a boat?? The BMW, porsche and TVR are focused engines, effective in their respective fields, compared to the ever reliable toyota engine, with it's vast hp potential.

As I see it, they have completely different purposes, and each does what they do extremely well.

he also stated it was probably the best six cylinder engine ever, oh and i wouldn't say BMW's aren't reliable read ads for the old E36 and many of them have clocked up plenty of kays and are still kicking or the old M5 with the six plenty examples with over 200k kms.
See what you have to remember is europeans do a lot of driving so there cars are built to last, no matter what they run they are pretty damn reliable with the exception of italians and a couple of french cars.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes and i'm not the only one that has made that statement, i seem to remember Julian Edgar from auto speed having the same opinion (pretty sure thats the guy)

It was quite amusing today at work when i ventured into a bmw forum and here are these bmw nuts praising the 2jz! a few of them really regretting sellign there jza80 for beamers. i shit you not i will dig the link up and post it. But enough shit flinging.
Everyone can have there own opinion.

I don't doubt those claims of old beamers bieng reliable. They were as were most german cars back then, it's only recently within the last 10 years that they have dropped the ball with reliabilty. Weather that be there electronics are failing rather then the mechanical side i am not sure. But read some of those reliabilty surveys.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those reliability surveys are a load of crock they are created in the us for starters and simply work on number of complaints. Now i put it too you who is more likely to complain about their car even if it be that the dash is slightly not square a BMW owner or something that just purchased a Korean or US car for 10K US vs 50K for the BMW. the surveys mean jack as they just reflect that a rich ppl whinge over little things, though they probably have a right to cos if you pay that much for a car it better be perfect.
Put it this way if you go out and by a hyundai you are gonna expect something to go wrong, by a bmw you wouldn't so you are gonna complain.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Watch the crank pulley/harmonic balancer. They can come apart on you. Aftermarket isn't always a good idea either as it can mess up the whole harmonic balancing thing. It's the rubber bit in the middle that apparently gives way and you end up with a free-spinning crank.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they might mean didley squat, depends how they got there statistics, i dunno. But your argument about the expensive car vs the cheap car isn't a good point as the lexus's were usually the winners in those surveys.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2JZ is not necessarily the best 6 potter ever made - I sure as hell wouldn't fit one to a Kenworth! It's all about the intended purpose...

BMW have (and still do) make some great car engines, for their intended purpose. However, having completed 200,000km doesn't necessarily make an engine completely good - there's plenty of VNs out there with multiples of that on them, and I wouldn't exactly describe them as a particularly desirable engine...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 20:55

Yes and i'm not the only one that has made that statement, i seem to remember Julian Edgar from auto speed having the same opinion (pretty sure thats the guy)

It was quite amusing today at work when i ventured into a bmw forum and here are these bmw nuts praising the 2jz! a few of them really regretting sellign there jza80 for beamers. i shit you not i will dig the link up and post it. But enough shit flinging.
Everyone can have there own opinion.

I don't doubt those claims of old beamers bieng reliable. They were as were most german cars back then, it's only recently within the last 10 years that they have dropped the ball with reliabilty. Weather that be there electronics are failing rather then the mechanical side i am not sure. But read some of those reliabilty surveys.

cos Julian knows all huh.. i read it in autospeed/fast fours/hot fours forums, it must be true... Rolling Eyes anyway...

BMW motors are excellent NA motors. they have high volumetric efficiency over a large rpm range, and because of this make great torque numbers.. this may make them fel a little slow because the torque curve is flat.

the 2jzeeeeeeee is an excellent turbo motor, built strong and with a big enough turbo, it can make excellent power, but i would venture in NA form, it is not as good as the beemer..

the big difference is that the BMW motors are typically tuned for lower rpm than toyota motors, and consequently have a wider rpm range of good torque, but may not make the _power_ numbers of a toyota motor....power ain't everything Wink

sure 2J is a good motor, but BEST is far too subjective a matter to continue post-whoring about Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my favourite part was when the people who dont even own either of these engines were arguing. Laughing
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be nice Rob Razz
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Thu, 28 July 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 03:29

sure 2J is a good motor, but BEST is far too subjective a matter to continue post-whoring about Laughing

Yeah... That's what I tried to say like 10 posts ago... Rolling Eyes

And I don't think this is on topic... There was never any suggestion of anything other than a 2JZGTE being used in this "top-secret" application. It's amusing how bitchy everyone got though!! Laughing
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah i'm outnumbered Shocked

bah, ok lets change that to one of the best 6's then, to stop me getting flammed.

But anyhow, one last shit fling? the bmw is without a doubt an awesome NA motor, i guess this m3 motor is actually more effecient then a honda NA motor? or at least like you say has a broader torque curve. (maybe honda are just the ultimate with na 4's)

But it still bugs me that no one is looking at it from a reliabilty point of view, the m3 motor is tuned and running very near it's limits wouldn't you say old oldcorollas, I have not really seen/heard of these motor's bieng worked up, maybe owners don't wan't to mess with there brand new BMW's. 2jz-gte isn't even close to it's limits. But then again i'm comparing a NA to a Turbo so i'll go worship the 2jz privatly from now on. Confused *cough traitor*

Back to you Geoff!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually you can work the M3's a couple euro tuning companies in aus will get them to 300kw as a package NA.
Plenty of tuners in europe Haman or whatever but they usually end up bolting turbos on the sucker and making nutty power.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yo, corona RT142.

I'm not denying that the M3 is an awesome NA engine, nor am I denying that if I had the money and middle aged sleaze factor, I would indeed own a porsche gt3 RS over any other car. In fact I would go so far as to say that I prefer NA power to turbo power, but sometimes you gotta admit that power wise (and torque curve wise), the 2JZ is just warming up by the time it's putting down numbers equivalent to the german technology.

And yeah, power to capacity, the honda F20 (174kW:2.0L) kills the M3 engine, but it has to be at 9000rpm to do that. If you look at the area under the torque curve for these two engines, the M3 has a significantly greater amount of useable power at lower rpm.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 00:27]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 10:25

And yeah, power to capacity, the honda F20 (174kW:2.0L) kills the M3 engine, but it has to be at 9000rpm to do that. If you look at the area under the torque curve for these two engines, the M3 has a significantly greater amount of useable power at lower rpm.

exactly...
the F20 is making 105Nm/L, the BMW is making (iirc) 100Nm/L.
the difference is, the S2000 is doing it between 7000-9000rpm (or something), and the M3 does it betwen 1500-5000rpm....

yes the honda makes more power outright, but the BMW motor, with similar intake development, could do the same thing.. ie increase power as such and dramatically reduce power band...

sucks when a motor falls of cam tho Razz.. laso sucks wen your euro barge is dragging dead weight.. decisions decisions...

anyhoo, back on topic, i reiterate what i said before.. she'll be foine, sinc eyou are replacing most bots anyway.. a good tune and careful attention to engine temps and EGT's (think of it like aplane motor i guess) and she'll be sweet..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually the M3 has 365Nm of torque making it 114Nm of torque per L
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were's gefgef gone to?
mick
p.s if you want real power motor,dont get a 2j,bmw or ferarri,get the mighty 4ag!lol
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like the thread has been successfully derailed Rolling Eyes

Speaking of great inline 6's what about the holden 186 or 202 Surprised I heard they are the bestest ever Wink

Mick, leave the 4AG out of this or you will have every sprintah owner in here fighting to the death over its supremacy.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 05:18]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh, spoontah dorito boys Razz

"my 4AG smells like cat food" Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 10:04

actually you can work the M3's a couple euro tuning companies in aus will get them to 300kw as a package NA.
Plenty of tuners in europe Haman or whatever but they usually end up bolting turbos on the sucker and making nutty power.

What compression ratio and revs are required to make a 300kw M3 engine?

BTW if you wanted to compare apples with apples you would be comparing 2jz-ge with the m3 motor. M3 is highly tuned from the factory whereas the 2jz isn't that highly tuned. I have heard of a NA jza80 supra in brisbane that was running 12's so they can make some power.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 15:38

What compression ratio and revs are required to make a 300kw M3 engine?

No idea its just what is claimed by some of the tuning houses in ads in the back of motor. Ie they have kits for the Audi S4 for 300kw and the M3 for the Same power don't say what is done just advertise that they have mods available for that power etc.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

No idea its just what is claimed by some of the tuning houses in ads in the back of motor. Ie they have kits for the Audi S4 for 300kw and the M3 for the Same power don't say what is done just advertise that they have mods available for that power etc.

Prolly just a hiclone, a turbo zet, and a 3" tip. Thats a recipe for success on any late model FWD four cylinder.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The holden 202 is better than anything bmw could make even of they joined forces with toyota.

haha fuckers as if i bet some bogan got excited for a second there
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah we just thought stupid tasmainian fuck thats been sucking too much nawwwwwzzzzzzz Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigh. So much for serious tech discussion. No wonder the original poster has disappeared with helpful comments like the above. Rolling Eyes
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is a classic example of the kind of shit that makes me wish there was a way to ban retards from posting in the tech and conversions area.

I best ad that to the list for things to setup in the new forum I guess.

Please people, this is supposed to be a serious tech and conversion discussion area. If you have no knowledge or the only info you know came from a magazine, a forum or the back of a rice bubbles box please don't bother cluttering up discussions with it.

Yes I know the original question is a bit pointless but just not replying would work.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Fri, 29 July 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 17:23

This thread is a classic example of the kind of shit that makes me wish there was a way to ban retards from posting in the tech and conversions area.

I best ad that to the list for things to setup in the new forum I guess.

Please people, this is supposed to be a serious tech and conversion discussion area. If you have no knowledge or the only info you know came from a magazine, a forum or the back of a rice bubbles box please don't bother cluttering up discussions with it.

Yes I know the original question is a bit pointless but just not replying would work.

god josh, if i stick to the above i couldnt post anything,not even in outhouse!lol
mick
p.s first time i have ever quoted someone josh!you feel privlidged.
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Sun, 31 July 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a quick thankyou to the few that responded seriously.

The secrecy is because the person that is paying me to build this engine for what ever reason doesn't want it public. I maybe don't agree so that is why I posted the way I did.

To those that questioned the point of it. Why is it pointless? Tell me please. Why is it pointless to believe that maybe someone out there might have some actual real world experience with these engines that may have something to offer, something I may have overlooked or just don't know about. I've got a hell of a lot of experience with building standard and modified Toyota engines, do I think I'm an expert? Absolutely not, at least not like the experts on here.

What the fuck was I thinking to believe that I might have got some benefit from this. It really is quite disheartening that there are so many experts on this forum that have no actual hands on experience and feel the need to give people a hard time just because they are actually trying to have a go. Every time I've had something to offer through my own experience some dickhead has just had to say something negative. I feel embarrased that I've dragged myself that low before and said things in reply that I shouldn't have. Some of you people really need to get a life.

Again, thankyou to the few that actually had something to offer.

Geoff

Note: Maybe some of that is a bit of an overreaction. But it comes from the constant frustration of seeing thread after thread tainted by idiots that clearly have NFI. It's simple. If you don't know, don't post. If you want to talk shit, start a new thread. If you can't be constructive, shut the fuck up, and before someone feels the need, yes that includes me!

1GZFEmeets300ZX
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Sun, 31 July 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be serious, to make them reliable make it rev hard and smooth, good balanced internals and good valve train. the extra revs mean less boost required in the lower revs, hence less stress and chance of detonation. dont forget to keep the engine temp and boost temp under control cos they kill engines quick!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Sun, 31 July 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i thought the information that was required had already been added.

It had drifted waaaay off topic so i figured the thread was finished with. I'll try not to do it again.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 800hp 2JZ-GTE Sun, 31 July 2005 09:58 Go to previous message
1GZFEmeets300ZX wrote on Sun, 31 July 2005 15:39

to be serious, to make them reliable make it rev hard and smooth, good balanced internals and good valve train. the extra revs mean less boost required in the lower revs, hence less stress and chance of detonation. dont forget to keep the engine temp and boost temp under control cos they kill engines quick!

i think you will find this is what gefgef was talking about when he said"What the fuck was I thinking to believe that I might have got some benefit from this".
pm sent gef gef.
mick
p.s well said but there is alot of young blokes that get bored and or like to help.i know i get bored from time to time and might give someone crap{how much horsepower does a lightened flywheel give you?,as an example}but the older heads will usually answer most question properly if it hasnt been answered 1000 times before.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZGTE into a RA23
Next Topic:Power FC and SAFCII compatability
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:32:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013545989990234 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.