Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DavisJD
Occasional Poster

November 2004
4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Wed, 27 July 2005 14:21 Go to next message
as the title says looking for a superchareger pulley kit, was looking at the Nevo 175mm kit, if you have any advice or similar kits please PM me with all the info you can.
thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 14:22]

Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Wed, 27 July 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy new 175 nevo kits for $550 i believe http://www.nevo.biz/
DavisJD
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Wed, 27 July 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ive been and had a look on the site and been in contact with them, just looking to see if anybody had anything no longer needed to sell to save me some $$$, these mods are getting damn expensive!!!!
leaven
Regular

June 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Thu, 28 July 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New these go for $650.
I have one for $500. Not that expensive considering the power increase and time to install.

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Fri, 29 July 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the ea falcon a/c pulley upgrade 14 - 15psi Evil or Very Mad
leaven
Regular

June 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Fri, 29 July 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome chrisellis.
How much you getting from that right now.
DavisJD
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Fri, 29 July 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EY just read your post about the EA falcon pulley kit for 14-15 psi! u running that in your GZE? Can you tell me where to find any instructions on how to do this Mod? Also im wondering how well the engine will take 14-15psi? ive got an upgraded fuel system , and wold engine management and it will be sporting a front mount cooler if i get the supercharger pulley. But will the engine withstand that sort of boost for very long as my car is a daily driver!. any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks alot.
Oh any by the way, the Nevo kit new is $550, not $650

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 08:05]

toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Fri, 29 July 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The nevo pulley kit is a proven product that will last the other setup sounds like it might cost a bit more in the long run when the supercharger cooks itself.Now I know S/C's are pretty cheap but add labour,towing, etc and you would be better running the nevo
As for price have you spoken to the guy at Nevo yet did he give you the price??? they were $650 only a couple of months ago

Just some advice
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Fri, 29 July 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DavisJD wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 18:00

EY just read your post about the EA falcon pulley kit for 14-15 psi! u running that in your GZE? Can you tell me where to find any instructions on how to do this Mod? Also im wondering how well the engine will take 14-15psi? ive got an upgraded fuel system , and wold engine management and it will be sporting a front mount cooler if i get the supercharger pulley. But will the engine withstand that sort of boost for very long as my car is a daily driver!. any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks alot.
Oh any by the way, the Nevo kit new is $550, not $650

info here;
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=75726&start=0&rid=5640&S=2c901306cda ae26fb8a618ccd9f056b3

currently im in the process of doing the conversion.. but the guy who started the post has done it. and ive heard of it being done many times b4. I will be more than happy to run such boost on my gze, semi forged, ceramic coated pistons will be more than up to it, just keep your cooling systems up to scratch and u should have no drama's. I mean u dont have to be into it all the time, but when u want it the power will be there. Also if your worried about the engine, u can always run a boost limit from the ecu (im sure wolf will have this feature), i know my mircotech does. I dont think this will stop the s/c from generting the 14 psi but the engine will only get what u want it to. Also im sure you will find rpm is much less needed, i think i will be running a 7000rpm cut, if not lower, for safety's sake and besides, gze's arnt revvy engines, by then uve had the best bit and the next gear is waiting for you.

as for reliability, sc12's are not the most reliable things when it comes to upping the pressure. Ive heard 2 stories where ppl have blamed the nevo pullies for cooking the s/c on there gze's, so it doesent concern me, if it dies replace it, or better yet upgrade to an sc14. I mean even if it does go, u can always buy a new one and whack it on with ur standard pulley if u didnt enjoy 14psi Evil or Very Mad
DavisJD
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Sat, 30 July 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decisions decisions!!! tough decision this one! cmon ppl help me ou, which path do i take?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Sat, 30 July 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it was me id go the smaller supercharger pulley as its not going to add weight and ruin response like some of the pulley kits can and you wont have to remove the timing pointer + use a smaller idler pulley i think if you do most of the work yourself it would work out alot cheaper. Plus chainging the crank pulley while the motor is in the car can be a pain its alot easier to work from the top of the motor. Plus later you can add a slightly larger pulley and aim for 16-17psi.
DavisJD
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 4AGZE supercharger pulley kit Sun, 31 July 2005 08:05 Go to previous message
Engine will be out of the car when all the works been done. Its undergoing some decent upgrades!!! 16-17 psi will me my supercharger wont be lasting to long. Though as others have said u can limit boost etc. Im gona have to sit on this decision! for a lil longer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: R154 TAIL SHAFT
Next Topic:air flow meter 20V Silver top
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:57:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042188167572021 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.