Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » The "NEW" twin turbo set-up......

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

icon12.gif  The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 01:34 Go to next message
ftp://lrwilliams@members.optushome.com.au/IMGA0694.JPG

hehehe....love my work Twisted Evil ftp://lrwilliams@members.optushome.com.au/IMGA0689.JPGftp://lrwilliams@members.optushome.com.au/IMGA0690.JPG
  Send a private message to this user    
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0689.JPGhttp://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0690.JPGhttp://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0694.JPG
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice dude! How long till it's going?

Just intrigued where you got the adjustable upper control arms from.
http://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/armsandrod.JPG
Cheers Dave.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look like they may be from Noltec.
Sweet setup mate, that's gonna haul ass. Smile
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx guys!!

Yeah, they are Noltec items, $275 a pair. Really well built tho...

It will be on the road in bout 3-4 weeks.. Very Happy

Joel,
It better haul arse after the amount of time, effort and $$$ i have put into it!!! But there is no doubt in my mind that it will Smile
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more important than where u got the control arms.. where did u get those pink panties!! haha. SPRUNG!
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks sweet dude Smile Smile
Do you think that it will be at the dyno day running?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now that's a high mount!!

Can't wait to see it at the dyno day!

And I too am interested in where those pink panties come from.... Laughing
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but Max youre only interested cause you wanna sniff the crotch!!! Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 25 December 2002 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I wanted to know so that I could give you a Christmas present...

I wonderr if it's made of wool... Laughing
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Thu, 26 December 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pink panties...WTF???

Wont be ready for the dyno day....even if it was i probably wouldnt put it on...cos obviously i would already know how many berries its got
streetknight
Occasional Poster

November 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Thu, 26 December 2002 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey what car r u putting it in????
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Thu, 26 December 2002 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks very nice Phil, shame it won't be ready for the Dyno Day.

I will do the 1GGTE's proud tho....my car will be on a car
trailer to get there.

Congrats - nice work.
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Fri, 27 December 2002 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tina. I am stoked with the way everything has turned out so far. I MAY be able to have the car at the dyno day, but it wont be tuned, so no time on the rollers for me.

Here are a couple more pics, with all the water lines hooked up (looks like a dude in a spacesuit has jumped in the engine bay!), and just one of the car....http://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0698.JPGhttp://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0699.JPGhttp://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0660.JPG
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 28 December 2002 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, looks very nice.

Just a quick question, what did they dude in the spacesuit do? Is it some form of heat shielding/tubing for your water lines?

If so where did you get it from?

Thanks.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 28 December 2002 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gotta ask, what sorta turbo & psi are you using to get 300kw out of the 1G?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 28 December 2002 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wanna know what sort of turbos they are? Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 28 December 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, that too.
tho I'm assuming since it's non-sequential that they're the same (at least, i think it's non-sequential?)
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 28 December 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turbos are garrett/nissan R33 GTR T28's with steel exhaust wheels. Non sequential.

I will be running somewhere between 14-17psi......

The silver stuff is fire shield sleeving, good for 850-900degC. Get it from Motorsport Connections in Seven Hills. There is 2 other types too, one goes to bout 500deg and the other is up to 1500deg....
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thats just fuggin great.......

Earlier on today, while cutting up some bends for the dump pipes, i proceeded to cut about 6-7mm deep into the middle finger on my left hand Sad . Needless to say it hurt like hell, and ended up with the doctor spending 1/2 hour fixing it up!!! Oh, and had to recieve a f***ing tetnus shot, which now renders my left arm almost friggin useless for a couple of days!!!!

AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Sometimes i ask why i bother......but the answer is obvious, we all love the challenge...and the rewards at the end of it....

Anyone wanna help me with the dump pipes over the next few days?? Problem is, i cant afford to sit around for a couple of days...has to get finished ASAP.....dammit!!!!!!!!
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger!! grit your teeth through the pain, it will be worth it Very Happy

So the turbos are GTR with steel wheels, but what is the compressor housing & wheel combination? They look a lot bigger than standard GTR in those pics.
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah dude, ive been trying !!

Yeah, they are standard GTR comp wheels and housing. I asked the same question when i took one to get rebuilt. Mark at Precision in Wetherill Park was quiet suprised that they had steel exhaust wheels, but stated that the front 1/2 was factory GTR. Its well documented that ALL GTR's have ceramic ex. wheels, even R34 ones (but they are roller bearing centres), so someone has made a good choice on my behalf of building them with steel wheels. Mark seems to think they would be good for a max of 20-22psi Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , which will do me just fine Laughing. Standard ceramic wheels tend to fail at about 15-16psi in a GTR, but there are "stories" of people running 20psi, all day, every day with no hassles......

Enough rambling from me.... Razz
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats gotta hurt!!!!
mate i guess that you are in sydney? If you were up here then i wouldnt hesate to come over and help! Smile I hope that someone does decide to go over there and lend you a HAND and ARM Smile Laughing (sorry i could help myself)
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am interested in where you ran your oil in and out lines from and where you run your water lines too and from (Looks very much like the coolant return area to me). Did you run the oil out from the outlets in the head near the rocker cover and back in the same spot except the plug beside it? Did it require you to plug up that water return down the bottom underneath the engine mount? I've changed mine to single turbo, as you probably already know, and I've now got the same hassles as you, and that is of running the oil and water lines. Help would be appreciated, seeing as you can now only type for a while, and not work. Wink

Thanks in advance
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg omg omg

i love your paint

and dont even get my started on the TT

nice work

Mani
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car looks great dude! A lot less... umm... pink than the last respray... Laughing

But I see that you're making up for that with the pink panties.... Wink
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Its well documented that ALL GTR's have ceramic ex.

I believe the N1 GTR had all steel turbines.

If you have managed to pick up a set of these turbos you've done very well for yourself.

Can I ask what you paid for them?

[Updated on: Sun, 29 December 2002 22:30]

TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 29 December 2002 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strad,
For the oil lines i used the 2 head outlets where the standard turbos are run from, and for the oil drains i had to modify the steel pipe that runs along the block to suit the new set up (friggin mongrel of a job!). As for the water, the 2 top hoses that you see runing into there thermostat housing (water outlet for the motor), these are the return lines. The water feed lines are are down the block, kinda underneath/next to the water inlet from the radiator. Hooking the water in/out and oil feeds up was easy, the oil drains are a bitch...just cos i have 2 turbos. If it was a single it would be a hell of aloy easier....

Mani,
Thanx dude

Max,
Shuddap bitch Twisted Evil

Remedy,
Yeah, the N1's were the only ones built with steel wheels (forgot to mention that!), but i have never seen an N1 turbo to compare mine to, so who knows!
I paid $525.20 for them ($25.20 postage from Melbourne), oh and $850 to get one rebuilt, needed new comp wheels and new internals and new shaft.... Confused

[Updated on: Sun, 29 December 2002 22:37]

TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Tue, 07 January 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i suprised myself this arvo. I finished tacking up the dump pipes and collector pipe, so i thought i would measure them to see how far out from equal length they wer. During the time i was building them i made no attempt to measure anything, just cut up bends and straight pipe and put it together.....

One of them is 850mm long and the other is 895mm long.....DAMN!! I couldnt get them to be that close if i tryed!!

So i will put up some pics Razz http://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0711.JPGhttp://members.optushome.com.au/lrwilliams/IMGA0712.JPG Very Happy Very Happy
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Wed, 08 January 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All of a sudden, my 1G doesn't look all that exciting Sad

Awesome job mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh.
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

icon10.gif  ITS ALIVE....IT's FUGGIN ALIVE Sat, 11 January 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28,
Thanx mate

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Had some dramas trying to start it on thursday and friday, kicked over a few times but wouldnt run.....went out a bought a set of higher temperature plugs today, put them in, and it fired up first crank Rolling Eyes . Of all the things it was only a set of fouled plugs. Sat there with the laptop for an hour and now it idles "fairly" smoothly at around 900-1000rpm.

Oh, and it sounds like a friggin tractor with no exhaust on it at all (straight out the back of the turbos Laughing Razz
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 11 January 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long now untill you unleash it to the world??

good to hear that its now runnin! Smile
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 11 January 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately about another 3-4 weeks Crying or Very Sad . I cant get the i/c built for anothe week or so, and i still have to get the dump pipes ceramic coated...so we will have to see
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 11 January 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck!!!! i hope that noone messes you around!

BTW those dump pipes look sweet Smile Very Happy
bennyweb
Newcomer

January 2003

icon12.gif  Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sat, 11 January 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats sweet that it's running...glad to hear those hotter spark plugs we talked about did the trick Wink
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Sun, 12 January 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, thats rite ben Razz
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Mon, 13 January 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much did it cost you roughly to build your setup?
Would you consider helping me building up a similar setup to yours? I would pay you for it as well?

Very Happy
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Thu, 16 January 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abe,
If you can wait a few months i MIGHT consider selling you my complete setup. But at the moment, i dont think i wanna build another one......cant be bothered!!
1ggtze
Regular

September 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Thu, 16 January 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work, My celica has got the standard tt and the motor is a 1ggze, twin turbo and supercharger 25/6psi. Wolf comp and 500cc inj.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/1GGTZE/ 1GGTZEa.jpg
its a bit of a handfull!!!!!
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Thu, 16 January 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you get some better pics of that up.... looks very interesting...to say the least!
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Fri, 17 January 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Traction issues - I'm keen as... let me know when your ready to sell it? how long roughly?
do you know what other turbos can fit the T28 flange?
how much did you pay for your motec ecu? and who fitted it?

Cheers
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Fri, 17 January 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abe,
Not sure on how long til i want to sell them. I got the MoTec second hand (unused) for $1850.........$2500 new. i fitted it.

1ggtze,
Damn!! Now that looks like a complex engine bay Shocked . How do you manage to run 25/6psi on the standard turbos??
1ggtze
Regular

September 2002
Re: The "NEW" twin turbo set-up...... Fri, 17 January 2003 08:30 Go to previous message
the supercharger boosts the turbos up. with the twin turbos only it runs about 9 psi but with the supercharger switched on it runs up to 26 psi. it doesnt have an intercooler yet, inlet temps get pretty high.but one is on the way!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My girlfriend has bought a car!
Next Topic:trd echo?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:16:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067379474639893 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.