Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ra60 strut grief!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtmick
Regular

September 2004
ra60 strut grief! Wed, 31 August 2005 17:05 Go to next message
i have ra60 struts in my sprinter and am aware of the 0 or positive camber hassles! and before you make me aware of the search button, i am seriously confused with all the different opinions in the posts.
i am also aware of the control arm conversions.
should i go the mx62 lower control arms(will the balljoint fit the ra60 steering knuckles) and get the technotoytuning camber tops to try and solve the problem.
i would also like to get some decent inserts and am aware shortening or spacers are needed with the multitude of suggested shocks.
is it true that the stub axle geometry is not the best?
would love some feed back from people who have actually cured these problems.
regards; mick.
  Send a private message to this user    
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: ra60 strut grief! Thu, 01 September 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

i was toying about with using MX62 control arms on my RA60 to acheive decent negative camber for racing purposes. however the control arm ball joint is different in MX62 control arm. its different in 2 ways; the hole for the balljoint in the control arm is bigger in the mx62; and the taper of the shaft coming out of the balljoint is a bigger diameter (fatter).

so basically, you cant put ra60 struts and steering arms onto MX62 control arms and ball joints.

and.....you cant put ra60 balljoints into the mx62 control arms

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ra60 strut grief! Thu, 01 September 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It can all be done with whichever parts you want...

If you want to use xA6x struts and lower arms, do so, and you'll have to look at getting a strut bend to tidy up the camber.

If you want to use Cressida lower arms (62 or the 73) you can, but I really don't suggest the Cressida steering arms, they're far too long. Instead, you need to get someone with the appropriate tapered reamer to alter the xA6x power steering arms.

As for shocks, springs, etc., once again it all requires some messing around, but it's not hard.
gtmick
Regular

September 2004
Re: ra60 strut grief! Thu, 01 September 2005 15:01 Go to previous message
thanks brett and mr shin its a start. looks like ive got a date with pick a part on sat!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T series bellhousing for W55/58 box's
Next Topic:st184 instrument cluster help plz
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:04:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045020580291748 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.