Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Karlos-31
Newcomer

September 2005
MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Wed, 07 September 2005 09:48 Go to next message
Just completed an engine conversion in an ma70 supra with the analog dash --> 1jz from a jza70 with the analog dash. i didnt swap the dashes around but wired in the MA plugs onto the JZ loom.

last thing that needs to be done is the air conditioner wiring.
i've had alook through the wiring diagrams for both trying to work out the air con but they dont show the connectors and i was hoping someone could remeber what wires they connected so i could save myself the long hours of tracing wires?

another one, oil pressure gauge isnt working. do i need to swap the senders over?

and power steering doesnt seem to be working either. i connected the white/green and white/red wires (for prog power steer), what have i forgotten?

Cheers in Advance!
Karlos

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2005 12:11]

Send a private message to this user    
Karlos-31
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring. Thu, 08 September 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely someone can help me out?

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2005 12:22]

Karlos-31
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Fri, 09 September 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump?
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Mon, 12 September 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
el bumpo

Someone reply, of all the 1jz conversions on this forum as if nobody knows this....

PM a guy called Manny Karlos, he's managed to answer pretty much every question i've had.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Mon, 12 September 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piss off back to your r31 carl! Laughing

The oil pressure senders are different and I'm pretty sure you have to change them over. I did, using the 7m on the 1jz since it didn't have a gauge sender, just a low pressure warning light. We ended up making a fitting out of brass connectors to position the 7m sender out of the way of the air-con compressor, from memory it had fit at right angles to the block, facing backwards otherwise it fouled on the air-con compressor.

What year is the ma70? Did it have progressive power steering beforehand? If not, you have to pull the progressive power steering computer out of the passenger side kick panel in the jza70. Also, if your maa70 is pre-88 you will need the jza70 steering rack (usually you replace the crossmember so the rack comes to).

Air-con wiring I can't help too much with, since I had it done by a f**kwit auto-sparky mob that charged the earth because they didn't listen to me when I said "it's not the same engine as in the manual I supplied"
Karlos-31
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Tue, 13 September 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Piss off back to your r31 carl!

i would but theres this POS white boat anchor in my shed thats put a halt to any work on the 'line! Shocked

well power steering is sorted, wasn't electrical, computer had all the necessary inputs so i checked if there was pressure, had nothing! pulled the pump apart and the pressure relief valve was stuck open. new pump it is!

i noticed how jammed in the sender is. will sort that out tonight. thanks mate!

as for a/c rekon i've got that all sorted too.. just took forever because of the shitful toyota wiring diagrams. why they dont include the connectors in the diagrams like nissan does is beyond me.. Wink
Karlos-31
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Tue, 13 September 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.r31house.co.jp/r31/img2/cc9938.jpg

Cool
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Tue, 13 September 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Looking great mate!!!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Did you get it past regency Ok?
Karlos-31
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender. Wed, 14 September 2005 07:57 Go to previous message
hahah
i wish that was mine! Laughing

nah thats just some japanese guy's 31. i just threw it up to add some class to this forum. heh

my car is all passed but its off the road ATM getting painted, big brakes, big turbo, clutch and box put in. thats about the colour i'm spraying it just alittle darker and more purple.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what are these
Next Topic:Electronic Speedo conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:40:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058870315551758 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.