Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Dammm Mon, 30 December 2002 14:55 Go to next message
Now this gets me thinking:
http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/featurecars/2002/ falcon_adrian.html

Do I spend big money on my Celica and do 12's or do I spend big money on my Falcon and do 10's???? Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dammm Mon, 30 December 2002 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you could build up your Falcon motor like that, throw it in a T Bucket and do 8's, but cruising the Celica will always be better.....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dammm Mon, 30 December 2002 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i'm gonna stick with the Celica! Thats if I can get the damm halfcut! I was hoping to get it today for a birthday present but they reckon they are too busy to get it going Crying or Very Sad
turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dammm Tue, 31 December 2002 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo falcon 6s are old news. they have been doin them for over a decade its just ford have actually realised that if they slightly change from there bogan status people will still actually buy their cars. holden still havent woken up.
physh
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dammm Thu, 02 January 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turbo falcons are indeed old news.... HOWEVER...

As the driver of a brand spanker of a BA XR6 Turbo... the new Falcon Turbo ain't no one-off job.

It whips the pants off my 3TGTE TA22, even through the corners and under brakes. (OK OK, I know - the quest is now on to beat the XR in the '22... anyone got a stronger gearbox, drive shaft and diff for me? *grin*)

240kw and the torque table the new turbo 6 has from the factory is the best stockie 6 cylinder I have seen. This side of a $150k BMW M3 that is... Smile

The ford donk has twin cams, dual infinitely variable VCT, intercooled T04 equivalent garrett BB turbo with thermo-siphon coolant circulation... this engine package is technologically a freakin fantastic piece of work.

Anyone in Canberra is welcome to come for a drive with me, and I guarantee you that it is a brilliant piece of engineering from Ford.

Sure, it's not as good as a M series BMW 6, but when you look at what Ford have done, it's pretty damn impressive.

</end Ford owners rant>

Hmm.. Unfortunately I can see the point of the "bogan" name being given to falcodores, but hey. Each to their own.

I gave up trying to choose between toyota and ford... i own both! Smile

Cheerio!

-nick
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dammm Thu, 02 January 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you can drive it to Brisbane and take me for a spin in it Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: Dammm Thu, 02 January 2003 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A turbo DOHC engine with a rev limit of 6,000rpm can't be taken seriously.

You're forgetting a few inline 6's like the 2JZ and RB26... Unless you're talking about 6's that are sold in Australia...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dammm Fri, 03 January 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is nothing really wrong with a turbo engine that redlines that low...its not going to make super-high power figures...

The Falcon 6 and the new V8 are massively under-square which means they make SHITLOADS of torque much lower in the rev range...they aren't to be written off so lightly.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dammm Fri, 03 January 2003 12:08 Go to previous message
to back up pyhsh - i agree with the BA turbo

and for 43 thousand - can you buy a brand new skyline or supra ?? THEN try and get insurance for them without having to see " just cars " THEN try and source local parts that dont cost you an arm or a leg .

I dont think even supra or skyline have the stock power levels over the barra 6 - Displacement does help here i guess Rolling Eyes
Im waiting for the first "aftermarket " tuned xr6 turbo to be publicised .. theres 300kw in that motor easy with the right gear - just how far beyond do they go

the bottom end on that dinosaur is bloody hard to kill - the body in a falcon will be rotted away a long time before the inline 6 dies ..

Torque is the key here - those Ba's are way undertuned - mainly cause higher boost saw the 6 spanking the pants out of the new fancy 8 fords bringing out ( i think 6.5 pounds of boost is the quoted figure they run )

Some people need to pull their heads in a little and give ford a bit of credit for making the "barra" 6's . For a local car - they are the best out there at the moment - and before anyone says ooh camry or ooh magna - look at the figures - magnas suck so hard they should rebadge them " hoover " and until toyota wakes up and puts a motor thats not asleep in a camry - and beefs up the looks - they will always take second fiddle to commodores and falcons , especially with GMH thinking of that HV6 donk coming out here in the next commodore - It has the power to go toe to toe with the barra so ive read

I wont even start on the avalon ... Yawn
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New Sport or Just for Idiots ?
Next Topic:Just bought a new (well old) TA 22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:21:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045671463012695 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.