Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Electronic Speedo conversion Mon, 12 September 2005 04:20 Go to next message
I am looking into getting rid of the cable speedo on the 86 an converting it to an electronic one, as i'm changing the dash and all that i figured an electronic one will be better suited, plus i snap'd the cable when putting the dash back together.

So has anybody done one? I was thinking of hunting down a late model rola box, ripping the bit's off that and seeing if they can be fitted to a T50 then run the wires to the dash and hay presto, but i don't think it will that simple, nothing ever is
  Send a private message to this user    
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Electronic Speedo conversion Mon, 12 September 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez J,
do a search Razz

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=80590&start=0&rid=2426&S=485be7554c4 2f930683bcb37cbbbf5ad

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Electronic Speedo conversion Mon, 12 September 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not that simple

i have brand new speedo sensors to suit toyota gboxes

but the speedo might not be accurate so to get it accurate u need an electronic speedo adjuster

all up it could be about 300 bucks just in parts just to get the speedo to be accurate

TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Electronic Speedo conversion Mon, 12 September 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We just fitted a Autometer electric speedo to a Gemini we put a CA18 in , it will work with hall or magnetic sensor and is easily calibrated , but not cheep around $600 for the speedo , VDO make one for around half the price .

Trevor
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Electronic Speedo conversion Mon, 12 September 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pricol would also do one at about half that again!!

There are adaptors available out there which literally screw onto the standard speedo gear drive to give an electronic pulse output.

You then use a Jaycar "Digital Speedo Corrector" kit at around $45 retail - http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5380

Bob's your mother's brother.
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Electronic Speedo conversion Tue, 13 September 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out the ford performance parts dealers, as they like to put toyota boxes in and im pretty sure the fittings for the T5X and W5X are the same, so getting the speedo sensor will be easy(used to work at a ford wrecker/performance re-seller). as for the jaycar speedo adjuster, ive bought a few things from jaycar b4, and they all work great... just need to keep them outta sight cause they a bit ugly Very Happy.

Cheers, Owen
spoon33
Occasional Poster

October 2003

Re: Electronic Speedo conversion Wed, 14 September 2005 06:39 Go to previous message
jaycar!
$65 from memory.

make your own hall effect sensor (runs off the driveshaft)
comes with a pre wound spool which saves a shiteload of time.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5279 &CATID=&keywords=speedo&SPECIAL=&f orm=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Ke yword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax =&SUBCATID=
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA70-JZA70 Air Con wiring and Oil Pressure sender.
Next Topic:AE82 RWD or 4WD?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:21:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058469772338867 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.