Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
timing belt tensioner Mon, 12 September 2005 10:05 Go to next message
Hi Has any one had trouble with the bearing in the timing belt tensioner of a 4AGE. My engine is making a vibrating noise at 3 to 3500. I have checked the main bearings and replaced the big ends. I removed the tensioner bearing and where it bolts to the oil pump housing was cracked and on removal it fell off completely. Has this happened to any one else?

Thanks,

TY
  Send a private message to this user    
the_sleepa
Regular

June 2005
Re: timing belt tensioner Mon, 12 September 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine does the same.....but it is due to a snapped of bolt on my clutch pressure plate i think.....could also be flywheel as i changed it with the clutch and vibrated ever since....
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
Re: timing belt tensioner Mon, 12 September 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just wondering if it could be the clutch. I changed the clutch in May of this year. I will have to find a way to feal for the bolts on the P-plate. I might take out the starter and see. I think i have a dental mirror in my tool box.

Thanks for the reply.

Is your noise more noticable on deceleration and does it come back later in the rev range?

Thanks,

Ty
the_sleepa
Regular

June 2005
Re: timing belt tensioner Tue, 13 September 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is a vibration at about 2800 - 3000 and again higher in the revs...i will be replacing my clutch with a puck clutch within the next month as soon as iv finished my 4AGTE conversion.....

personally i think mine is the clutch....cause before that it was fine.....although i also replaced the g/box t the same time with a second hand one...
allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: timing belt tensioner Tue, 13 September 2005 15:10 Go to previous message
mine buzzed/vibrated occasionally and didn't seem that bad when replaced.
with the seemingly good condition it was in, i was surprised that it was making noise.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Three speed wipers on RA28
Next Topic:Cleaning PS Resorvoir
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:15:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043151378631592 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.