Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fenris
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Some quick advice please Wed, 14 September 2005 04:19 Go to next message
My speedo cable died a death and I had to destroy it to find out what was wrong with it. Unfortunately it was never able to be fixed as parts had shredded and rusted inside the sheath.
I have a RA40 and parts are getting harder to find. I was wondering if Toyota made a standard speedo cable on their cars and if something from any Toyota will fit.
Obviously its easier getting newer parts and most wreckers I call don't deal in anything as old as a RA40.
So can I pick one up from any RWD Toyota?
Or do I have to make a homemade one?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: Some quick advice please Wed, 14 September 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should be able to get a speedo cable kit from repco. They have a selection of crimp on ends and a cable + sheath you cut to lenght. As long as you have your original cable to match the ends (or maybe they can look them up if you don't) you should be fine. last I checked they wern't too bad with price.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Some quick advice please Wed, 14 September 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar problem, went to the wrecker, he said "haven't had any parts for that type of car for a long time".

So I had a look around the yard and to my surprise found a number of cables from other cars were the same or similar. Ended up using the innner part from a Datto and my old outer.

At the time I was also looking into getting a new one made. I did a bit of searching and found a place that makes speedo cables to suit anything, you just tell them what you want. It was an aussie company, do some searching and it will turn up.
Fenris
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Some quick advice please Wed, 14 September 2005 05:46 Go to previous message
I called Repco and they don't do speedo cables kits. I was advised to try Flexi Drive Agency but they want $82 and are only open 9-5 monday to friday.
I already have all the new inner bits I need but finding the outer sheath is becoming a hastle.
I will have to try the Quokka. At least I can look at the Dattos as well.
Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 RWD or 4WD?
Next Topic:Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:17:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048120021820068 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.