Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 11:35 Go to next message
Hi all,

Hoping for a bit of expert advice here!

I currently have the opportunity to grab some 550cc denso injectors for my 7MGTE at a bargain price. The dude selling them says that they just came out of a MK3 and that they fit all the 7M hardware perfectly however the plugs are the standard Nissan type and all that is required is new plugs which are an easy mod to the standard injector wiring.

Is this likely to be true? If new plugs is all that is required I'd save a lot of money buying these and they'd help take the (financial) sting out of the lexus AFM I just paid for....

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah or you can just raise the fuel pressure... thats what i did!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/supra80/afpr/
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok.... so what kind of fuel pressure do you run through the 440cc units? (and what pressure through 550cc just for a comparison)?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they are the correct impedance then buy them.

Make sure it wasnt on a 7m running aftermarket ecu.
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lexus AFM was from same guy. He wouldnt have needed the AFM if he'd been using an aftermarket ecu would he? Thanks for the replies guys
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatthe? wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 22:30

Lexus AFM was from same guy. He wouldnt have needed the AFM if he'd been using an aftermarket ecu would he? Thanks for the replies guys

If it was the same guy, from the same engine, then you are correct.
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks blacksupra, put my fears to rest, these injectors will go lovely with my new apexi s-afc and walbro fuel pump, as well as the AFM of course!
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the internal MA61 fuel pump with a walbro 255 internal? Havent opened her up yet, waiting for all the other bits
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Sun, 25 September 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About a 30 - 45 minute job.

Try and have the tank fairly low on juice as it makes life much easier.

Cheers

Michael B
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Wed, 02 November 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hows this conversion going?

Dan
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Wed, 02 November 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going well, just waiting for my radiator which is in being re-cored at the moment. Havent installed the new afm or injectors yet, want to get it running with the current gear properly first. Check the thread in my sig if you wanna see exactly where i'm up to!

Then I'll be up to the central coast to blow away my brother's supercharged statesman, he needs a good shutting-up!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 06:31]

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Tue, 08 November 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know if when you come up! i'll come watch Very Happy

Dan
whatthe?
Regular

August 2005
Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Wed, 09 November 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, 550cc sards, safc and dyno being done at SAS over the next 2 days, so I'll be that much closer to finished after that. Your setup looks pretty similar to mine, what sort of power you making there?
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 550cc nissan plugged denso injectors in 7MGTE?? Mon, 14 November 2005 04:13 Go to previous message
I was making 170rwkw's before the high flow turbo and manual box went in, also the S-AFC wasn't tuned. Not sure what its making now!

Dan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:vr4 frontmount on ae92 sx
Next Topic:MR2 Engine Specs & Info
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:24:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078659057617188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.