Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Chaser Power Steering Q's Sat, 04 January 2003 19:57 Go to next message
Hey, Wondering if someone can shed light on the function of two wires...Via a plug...coming from the steeringjust next to where the column goes into the steering system...I dont know steering very well, but I know that the 7M cressie's power steering doesn't have it, but on second hand it's a new power steering unit, it was replaced a hundred thousand km's ago, could it have been there before? help appreciated, I'm doing the swap this week and would like to have power steering...

What have other 1j peeples done here?
  Send a private message to this user    
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chaser Power Steering Q's Sat, 04 January 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mines just hanging there Very Happy what i plan to do is just hook up some power to it with a switch so i can go from hevy to light (if you leave it disconected it will be hevy) i was going to go the veriable thing but i figured eventually i'll be using hard or soft....you can hook it up properly....in the chaser cut on the dash support next to where the stereo system sits there is a green box about the size of a ciggi packet this is the little dood that reads you speed and ajusts the level of stiffness in the wheel i thin grant (sixworks) mentioned he had the diag for it.....hey are you getting grant to do your wiring loom????
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: Chaser Power Steering Q's Sun, 05 January 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks, I knew I shoulda just pm'd you! Smile

I didn't want to take the loom up to syd, I'm in canberra and I kinda like doing the wiring stuff. I've done a fair bit of it before and I'm completing my computer engineering degree at uni. So i hope that might mean I can handle it. And In the near future I want to develop some sub systems maybe for uni, like make my own avc-r or safc...It can be done! Smile

Also like you said about every bolt in your engine bay, I'd like to know about every wire too. I have had Grant send me all of the info he could down to me and he was extremely helpful in compiling the info... Thanks a heap about the power steering, now i've gotta track that box down, I've ditched the shell at the tip after ripping out the loom and wiring, hope I mighta retrieved that box, if it was there in the first place. Not really too worried though, might see if grant has the voltage specs for the control and I'll wire one up like you suggested. Is it particularly heavy to steer?
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chaser Power Steering Q's Sun, 05 January 2003 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i like it heavy but it just feels un natural while your parking and its not too heavy i actually like the feel of it it nice....ohh and the switch on/off type is a cool easy way out of it hit the switch for parking, off when driving Smile my wiring actually isnt finished there is a plug there that hooks up the air con ect... that still isn't hooked up Embarassed i might leave the beast with grant to sort it out one day... man there have been many really cool ways of leaning the fuel off alittle but not to sour your efforts grab yourself an safc you wil not regret it i promise (look for a second hand one though paying 610 for a new one is a touch steep but it really is a great device....the wiring i pid a guy to fix up for me using the diags prolly simular to the one you got (we all share those diags but keep them close some arsehole workshops chrge you for em) i honestly think tha he done nothing to my car cheak with grant but all the plugs bar one all plug in i think you can just plug tha shit in and kick it over....i think this cause the only thing that remained disconected was the one that didn't fit Embarassed keep me posted dood!!!!! buythe way did you run the line so you can boost it up before you dropped in the engine???? Rolling Eyes
T.J.
Occasional Poster

September 2002
icon8.gif  Re: Chaser Power Steering Q's Sun, 05 January 2003 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fully recomend boosting the beast up before you drop it in as
ive just found mine to have f****d turbos.
There is nothing worse.

tj
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: Chaser Power Steering Q's Sun, 05 January 2003 23:25 Go to previous message
I think he means to do the bleed lines before putting the thing in the car, I'm just hoping it runs, and the place I got it from gives you an assurance, but I'm doubting that...It looks like it's been taken some care of, the last guy had a turbo timer, oil cooler(left me the adaptor!!) Very Happy and a slightly bigger exhaust...So these may have prolonged the turbos life I hope...

We'll see when it goes in I guess...
I'm now looking at how the bleed lines work, any pointers on this?

mx83toy...
The plugs on the engine harness that connect to the car have to be re-arranged a fair bit, I'm still trying to figure the air con out, most of the rest is pretty good, I've got one plug figured, the dash one...thats an easy one, and it has lines coming in for boost guage, oil temp, water temp, oil level etc...its pretty damn cool.
Air con on the chaser uses two wires, an amplifier and a clutch. I cant figure out how to wire this one....I might have to call on grant for a bit of help there...hmm...I gotta get the system re-gassed as well...

Anyone know about the a/c wires?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:30psi=What waste gate???
Next Topic:wat engine is a 13T & which car is it from???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:57:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053110122680664 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.