Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Nokia car kit wiring Wed, 28 September 2005 22:36 Go to next message
Before I burn the computer and electricals up in my bosses Territory Ghia - just double checking:

4 Wires - what are they?

Red: = + Pos
Black: = - Neg
Blue: = Acc + pos
Yellow: = Radio Mute?

Can somebody clarify this? Got pulled out of the last car and been a while since I've done it?!
  Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was pretty sure that the blue wire goes to radio mute and the yellow goes to the accessories.

On car stereos the ATT or attenuate (mute) wire is normally blue or a blue with stripes. At least that's what i've seen on my Sony and my bro's Clarion when i put them in. Also, on those same two car stereos the yellow wire is one of the power wires (can't remember if it's the "switched power" or "constant power" wire though). From that I would assume the Nokia car kit would be the same with it's colour codes... often there is an industry standard for things like that to reduce confusion when they're being installed.

DISCLAIMER: I installed my car stereo 2 years ago and the above information is purely from memory. I installed my Nokia car kit but that too was at least 18 months ago. Do not complain if my recollections are inaccurate. Double check what i have written before acting on any of it.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You realise there's a phone interface plug in these? If you pull the centre of the console out you are likely to fuck the ecu as it is contained in the there.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And you had the wiring right. On nokia kits the blue is acc and yellow is mute
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 14:00

And you had the wiring right. On nokia kits the blue is acc and yellow is mute

Was this always the case? Good thing i had my little disclaimer down the bottom. Surprised
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, this has always been the case......
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks for that! I know the Nokia kits were opposite to Radio wiring with Yellow & Blue! Found that out the hard way years ago! I was double checking! Smile Appreciate the help
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you install it already?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do these Ford things need to be fed earth to mute or +12V to mute?
Also you can get these "Mobile Present" cradle arm things for the newer Fords so that you don't have to drill holes in the dash to mount the cradle... I was quoted <$45 for one today for a BA XR8.
Definately a worthy investment!
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mute is negative trigger. You can also buy the presenters for all new falcons and territorys. If you stick your hand up behind the fuse panel you will feel two plugs taped up, one is blue and one is white. The blue one is a 4 pin plug, the white a 2 pin. The blue plug has constant, earth, acc, mute. The white 2 pin plug is for the stereo speakers when the stereo is muted, therefore you can run your phone kit through the speakers. Just cut the plug and lead off your speaker and plug from the data box to the white plug. neg/pos doesnt matter as it is mono.

All you have to do is crimp male spades onto your wiring and the wires will plug straight into the blue and white plug
Hope this helps
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might just say, in no circumstances take the centre stereo out to get to the wiring. The ecu for the car is in this unit and if tilted to far the ecu shuts down, as if the car has rolled. An installer from down here did this, then rang me to ask what was wrong, I couldn't believe it................$3000 later..............
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I ask why the f'ck would you set things up so that the ECU would completely shit itself if you turned it upside down???
Ford logic... I will never understand!
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Installed it Very Happy . Piece of piss! Thanks for the help

Its so easy with the plug (phone interface) ready to go already wired into the loom! With an original ford console cradle - looks professional too! I didn't think it would be that easy! Audio mutes and all is good! Very Happy
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Nokia car kit wiring Thu, 29 September 2005 12:03 Go to previous message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 21:12

Now I ask why the f'ck would you set things up so that the ECU would completely shit itself if you turned it upside down???
Ford logic... I will never understand!

AGREED!!!!!

from what i was told it has something to do with the fact that if the car rolls........it shuts down the car to prevent an electrical fire. and the degree of tilt i heard was so little, that i thought the car would probably exceed that when going on a serious 4wd expedition!!!! something like 50 degrees. They do leave the antenna connector behind the tissue dispenser though, thus making fitting in rf adapter for an i-pod or the like easy.

Yeah 74. The phone plugs in new cars make things a hell of a lot easier. Commodores also have these, along with rodeos, and magnas. Sadly, Toyota still hasn't caught on and put one in their cars. At least they have mute though.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:car carring/towing devices
Next Topic:Sponsor - Dominator Engine Reconditioning - Opinions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:00:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057790279388428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.