Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 12:30 Go to next message
this is really stupid, but i removed the head of my 4age and put it back together with a new headgasket. It runs fine, but oil pumps out the exhaust side between head and block (i think).

I was under pressure to get this done quickly, and with dodgy light. So I wonder if it is possible to install the head gasket incorrectly. anywone got a 4age headgasket they can take an overhead picture of?

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.billzilla.org/copperhg.jpg
thats a copper 4age headgasket from billzilla.org
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.trademotion.com/sfimages/213747/partImages/213747_131753.jpg
the magic trd floating in mid air gasket Rolling Eyes Shocked
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is your old one you tripper?

did you get the manifold off?
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old one = bin
took manifold off and pretty sure it's coming from between head and block. what you doing next sunday?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yes if the oil comes out its on the wrong way round!dont worry your not the first to do it,i once saw a very experianced{40years}mechanic not thinking and do the same thing!
mick
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feck.
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Sun, 02 October 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I did this myself recently. Dont start or drive the car at all as you'll be blocking quite a few water galleries as well has pumping oil directly into the water gallery as well. So new oil and filter time as well. Sad
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Mon, 03 October 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be putting my 4age back together this week Very Happy I hope i don't make this mistake.

thanks for letting me know it can go on the wrong way

Very Happy
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Mon, 03 October 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a tell tale sign is the headgasket overlapping the front of head and getting in the way of campulley backing plate. of course I just clipped off the excess and blamed crappy non genuine gasket.

doh
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Tue, 04 October 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its official, it was on the wrong way (flipped horizontally).
stahlz_ae86
Occasional Poster

June 2003
    ?
Re: 4age headgasket - is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Wed, 05 October 2005 03:18 Go to previous message
Ah don't stress dude.

Old mate of dad's has been a mechanic for over 30 years and when the intake manifold was put back on the 302....

Yep.

Backwards.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age into ke70 conversion juast a quick question
Next Topic:Something Different For A Turbo GZE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 01:37:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072031021118164 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.