Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
:PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Thu, 06 October 2005 09:29 Go to next message
Well guys, Soarer is here on monday , shes gonna be a greeezy bitch that mattae86 and i will have to scrub like a skinny white man scrubbing a large black mans back in jail

What i wanna know , is how friggin harsh are the pits ?
i know if the engine is oily and something like Indicators/wipers/lights/wheel bearings/powersteering/seatbelt retraction isnt working to the full potential then im not going to pass.

but what should i do on monday morn when i pick her up,like what should i check for and or obviously do when i get her to "maybe" pass first time

and no im not joking about passing 1st time . heh Sad

so yeah some advice would be just dandy !

cheers gents
-Richo
  Send a private message to this user    
Jeepers
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Thu, 06 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't go in there with an attitude and make sure everything works, my previous exprience is they pick on the young guys in modified cars, or idiots.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Thu, 06 October 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf are the pits
b05c0
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Thu, 06 October 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inspection for rego in WA...
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Thu, 06 October 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1st time!! haha...good luck

but yeh best to get someone older to do it for you, they pik on p platers especially

i had my mum pass the car once and got alot less hassles

alot of my mates try and get their mums to do the same thing, and works

but yeh what i said before when talking to you on msn

most importing thing they look out for are mods, which u dont have. any oil leaks, all lights working inside and outside and steering play,horn,wipers - safey issues pretty much

and make sure interior is neat and tidy as much as possible

and try not to get an old guy...haha!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Thu, 06 October 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
made it sound like some sort of death arena out of mad max... well atleast thats what i picture WA to be like Laughing

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Fri, 07 October 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure everything is working and no oil leaks and you will have no probs at all.
Fenris
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Fri, 07 October 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My RA40 got yellow stickered and I thought it was the end of the poor beast. They looked it over asked me to replace a steering arm and clean up under the engine and gearbox.
I sent my girlfriend to put it over the pits in a tight top on a cold day.
They didn't realise the speedo didn't work and the thing ran like a tractor.
Hire a karcher or some high pressure water gun and go to work on everything on the underside so it is super clean. Make sure the wiper & washers are working properly and no clunky steering.
Battery clamp is on, number plates are nice and shiny.
Etc. real basic kind of stuff.
Not too harsh really. If my blue rusty pimp car can do it then you shouldn't have any problems.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Fri, 07 October 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As Skip said. Make sure everything is working, make sure it's clean. If there are any oil leaks you know of, fix them, or clean it up and hope it doesn't come back before you get there.

For god sake don't go to Warwick. I recommend East Perth, they seemed like a much nicer bunch of blokes.

Just dress neat and be polite, they're public servants and they know they hold the power. Oh, and no low-cut tops, they might want to get you back for a second look Wink
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Mon, 10 October 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more tip bring a spare rag with you, stop in a quiet street near the pits and give anything underneath a quick wipe if it needs it, then put rag in bin Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Mon, 10 October 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and don't drive like you did on Sunday Wink
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Mon, 10 October 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan hit the nail on the head lol, Matt and John are both hoons Razz

but we still love them! i must say, matts u turn after the cruise had finished was mighty impressive Shocked

Eldar.O.
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Mon, 10 October 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just hope u get the guy that owns a z2 soarer.. had a good chat with him, he let me pass with coilovers and a loud bov..

make sure there is NO oil anywhere get the shit sprayed out and degreased.
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Tue, 11 October 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

made it sound like some sort of death arena out of mad max... well atleast thats what i picture WA to be like

And that is exactly what it is like so come over here and try your skills "Raggeddy Man".

LOL

Seriously, It's not too bad just be prepared to come back for a second visit if need be. The tip of the last minute clean with rag is a good one.

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: :PERTH:- Wanting to know how harsh 'the pits' really are Tue, 11 October 2005 07:41 Go to previous message
well.

GOOD NEWS I PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
NOW ITS STEREO INSTALL TIME !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:horrific drag racing crash
Next Topic:Audi Wagon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:04:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055129528045654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.