Toymods » General Car Talk » Z2 86 Soarer Compliance plate anoyance

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
icon8.gif  Z2 86 Soarer Compliance plate anoyance Fri, 07 October 2005 10:51 Go to next message
my FUN day.
i decided to go down to the RTA inspection center to get my car rego t/fered to SA plates from the NSW plates i purchased it as.

and they ass told me sharply that my car was not complied. this is a problem, i couldnt find for the life of me the compliance plate anywere on the car, but it did have i what i assumed was and engineers compliance plate but according to this 'guy' i wasnt.

now i need some clarification.

the plate says stuff like "Modification Plate"
and has the Vin/Chassis, Engine numbers, and has like a modification code of : LX2
approval certificate = NA********IG
  Send a private message to this user    
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Z2 86 Soarer Compliance plate anoyance Fri, 07 October 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like its not complied man, the mod plate may have something to do with engine changes or the sort. My NSW complance plates are like 2 green plates rivited into the engine bay, near where the build plate is. Take a pic, and show us this modification plate u talk about.

Chris
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Z2 86 Soarer Compliance plate anoyance Fri, 07 October 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 19:45

sounds like its not complied man, the mod plate may have something to do with engine changes or the sort. My NSW complance plates are like 2 green plates rivited into the engine bay, near where the build plate is.

Depends when it was complied.

Different years had different rules.

I had an 83 Supra that had NO compliance plates on it. Must have been imported pre-1990

I have an 84 Soarer that has a green plate on it, and a NEW number stamped on the strut tower. It was complianced in 1992.

Now some cars have purple plates.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Z2 86 Soarer Compliance plate anoyance Mon, 10 October 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SA 15 year old imports dont get compliance plates for about 7 years after they are first registered, becuase they ran out right away and there is something like a 7 year wait on the production of the plates...

I stand by the fact that the SA Govt are the biggest bunch of pole smokers in AUS
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: Z2 86 Soarer Compliance plate anoyance Mon, 10 October 2005 04:35 Go to previous message
my 89 crown doesn't have any compliance plates on it that i got rego'd this time last year, have taken it to get a pink slip today and they asked me where mine was alsobut the guy that done the compliancing told me that it didnt need plates, so im not 100% sure but i've got alot of papers that say its comlpied
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What engineer???
Next Topic:more help with car audio/electricle question?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:53:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054750442504883 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.