Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Whiteknight
Newcomer

June 2005

Hilux Intercooler assistance Fri, 07 October 2005 11:33 Go to next message
Hi all im a new member and thought this would be a good place to find people that know what they are talking bout

I have a 2.8 Diesel Hilux (3L Motor) and just got a mitsubishi TD04 turbo fitted currently running around 8.5psi ( I want to turn this up to 10ish). Im thinking about putting an intercooler on. From what little knowledge I have and from reading the net so far I think the way to go is a water/air intercooler? Has anyone done one that could send a few pics and let me know from what vehicles the intercoolers to look out for are at the wreckers or the calssifieds?

I think someone mentioned that I should get a subaru water/air but not sure what model vehicle?

Hope yas can help..

Whiteknight

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 11:34]

Send a private message to this user    
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Hilux Intercooler assistance Fri, 07 October 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, cant really help ya with the cooler issue.

but i would like some info and some pics if possible of ya turbo conversion if its not to much to ask.

i also have a 2.8 3L and its f**kin` gutless really and was thinking of turboing it, but wasnt sure if it would hold up, did you rebuild anything? and how long has it been on for? make much difference?

PM me if ya want to.

thanks
'
Whiteknight
Newcomer

June 2005

Re: Hilux Intercooler assistance Fri, 07 October 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only got it put on last week but the difference is HUGE ! Shocked
Its a DTS kit http://www.mtqes.com.au/Hilux3L.htm

Its no rocket but has pulling power in all gears right up to 140km/h and I can even overtake cars now and is only running 8psi at the moment! And after the initial " testing" Evil or Very Mad fuel economy seems to have improved.

Never rebuilt anything as the motor only has 110,000km on it and just got the injectors done a few months ago. Have heard not to wind up the boost past 10-11 on the 3L as higher than this will effect engine life, dont worry me though runs fine at 8 but will be turning it up to 10 once i get the intercooler sorted out and the pyro installed..

any more Q's just ask...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hilux Intercooler assistance Fri, 07 October 2005 23:56 Go to previous message
boost levels are probaly true as diesels have massive compression. id be happy with my 8psi and leave it at that and not risk the car becoming unreliable..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ESC light coming on question of whats the problem
Next Topic:Any 2JZ-GTE owners in Sydney?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 20:43:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047221183776855 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.