Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 01:08 Go to next message
Check out the Ultimate R34 Cool Cool
http://www.superhonda.com/video/amuse_supra_vs_min es_skyline.wmv

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 06:33]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 Tue, 11 October 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow! that rb26 sure like to rev when they stepped on it!
Js_-
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 Tue, 11 October 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even the Drift king "Tsuchiya" felt the R34 was too fast for him Laughing Laughing Laughing
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 Tue, 11 October 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checkout one of the guys glasses. just the frame covers half his face!

if i had a choice i'd choose the supra.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 Tue, 11 October 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these cars are amazing.

i wonder how much they cost.

id go the sky line for sure. brings back memories of my hardcore gtr in gt4.
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 Tue, 11 October 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simply amazing!

The R34 revs so nicely and freely and all the way to 9 grand on some occasions!The drift king even mentioned it kept up with the JGTC cars or something like that!
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 Tue, 11 October 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, ive decided im gonna get a few. jus for fun u know... anyone want one? or 6?

man, if i was made of money..
*wonders off topic day dreaming*

un-f*cking-beleivable...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freekin awesome...
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i gotta admit that skyline was tuned better the that supra. The jap guy responsible for that skyline is a master!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW Shocked That R34 so free revving, never heard a racer/drifter say a car is too powerful Very Happy

Maybe someday i'll be in it Rolling Eyes Damn i want a $$$$$$$$ tree
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats response, its using an N1 block.
Js_-
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tsuchiya mentioned that Skyline's faster than GT500.
Wonder will the Skyline beat the V8 supercar ?
Rolling Eyes
V8 challenge race one day Laughing Laughing must be awesome Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 11:53]

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 21:42

Thats response, its using an N1 block.

i though it was stock internals he mentioned, coz it has better response.. and that's what he was after..

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i watched this video a while back..

at first i thought.. hmm.. japanese tuned machine, nothing special. Then as i watched the supra and the skyline, i realised the RPM moves up faster than my speedometer, and it moves on every gear (probably until 4th coz its around the track). I noticed as well the skyline revved from 2000 RPM ++ right till 9000 RPM within 2 seconds, if not less. And that's not first gear, must've been like 3rd or something.

but what really amazed me was from the outside, the cars were going really quick round the track and it was really good for grip or drift, beautiful response. MY japanese friend transalated some of what he was saying and you don't have to floor it to get that response. The RPM responds to the accelerator without lagging or anything.

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Js_- wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 21:51

Rolling Eyes

my understanding was that once upon a time before the V8s only 3 cars dominated.. skyline, holden V8 and Ford V8. Then they changed everything to be only Australian and only the Ford and HOlden V8 were competitive. Skylines would whoop them around the track. that's why there's this red Winfield Skyline R32 around shows and that, used to be from back then.

Not sure if this is true but this is what i'm always told.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_07 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 00:03

Rolling Eyes

my understanding was that once upon a time before the V8s only 3 cars dominated.. skyline, holden V8 and Ford V8. Then they changed everything to be only Australian and only the Ford and HOlden V8 were competitive. Skylines would whoop them around the track. that's why there's this red Winfield Skyline R32 around shows and that, used to be from back then.

i recon a worked skyline would flog the v8s. the porsches get very similar lap times as the v8s!!! and the v8supercar is supposed to be australias best tourer. what a load.
i watched the touring cars on nuberring in germany, and now i firmly believe that any touring car from europe would beat the shit we have here.

wether THAT skyline would beat a v8 supercar; i recon it could.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_07 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 00:03

Rolling Eyes

Fastest lap of bathurst for the skyline back in the day was 2:12 something race pace around 2:14, vs current V8's lapping lap fatest in 2:06 something and race pace of 2:08-2:10. Also remember the skyline was actually putting out similar power figures to the current crop of V8's until they startted to limit it and also added weight to slow it down.

I reckon with current technology and running similar weight/power it'd be a good contest my money probably on the skyline mind you the V8's are far better now than they were in the early 90's. Perkins stats sheets at Bathurst listed quarter mile at 10.5 secs that ain't hanging round.

Oh and back when the skyline were racing the top ford teams were running Cosworth Sierra RS500's(not falcons), the BMW M3 also went pretty well on the tighter tracks etc. The commodores were shit as they lacked power at the time and were well below the outputs of the Skyline and Cosworth let alone equal in handling.

Used to have an old mag with the stats for all the cars of the era, the commodores had something like 450hp vs 600hp for the Skyline.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Tue, 11 October 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And as for the porsche's they are quick, but they are also a fair bit lighter than the V8's have much better aero packages and equivalent if not better brakes etc. The only thing the V8's really have on them is power, didn't see the lap times for the porsches at bathurst this year but they didn't look to be as quick across the top or thru the chase etc.
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Wed, 12 October 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon these V8s they have are barely pushing 75% of their potential, and 10.5 to the quarter mile is alright except you've spent heaps on engineering for chassis and engine, some street racer's supra could probably do 10 flat, and go around the track as well as the V8, with full trim + rollcage and pushing similar power figures.

One time at Calder i saw this V8 getting its ass kicked by a Civic. And this V8 was done up, bored, stroked, forged, camed, fueled, lightened, etcc etcc... passed by a done up civic used everyday.

don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of motorsport. But i think these V8s we have here are over-rated. The Mines skyline probably accelerates a lot faster than the V8 (and the V8s are close ratio versus skyline's "normal ratio" box)..

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Tuned Supra and R34 [video] Wed, 12 October 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
You have to remember the V8's also have quite a few limitations in terms of engine internals ie many lighter weight metals are banned, they are quite under tyred in width (275's on the rear) and size ie 17inch wheels does limit the brake size, they still run a live rear setup. They also run 98 ron pump fuel.

Look at the stats for the engines they have been putting out the same power since the VS commodores to the current time ie 620-630hp.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Interior re-trimmers?
Next Topic:auto AW11????!?!?!?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:30:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004990816116333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.